in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 06-17-2008 11:13 AM by emabonacchi. 20 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (21 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-15-2008 1:04 PM

Some suggestions?

Hello.

I am new on this forum and i don't speak english very well, so i apologize about...

I have always appreciated B&o and in 2001 i bought my first B&o. It was an Ouverture.

After this, i promised myself i will have bought other B&o because they are really really wanderful.

So, i bought a telephone.... then my wife bought a cordless, then another cordless, then an old (amazing!) beosound 3300, then a pair of redline speaker, then a pair of beolab 5000 (i am enthusiast of these!!), then a beocenter 4000.......

These are really really wanderful!

But we have not a B&o television and now, a friend has offered us a Beovision 5!

It is togheter with a pair of beolab penta 3. 

Me and my wife have seen it and we are really really enthusiast of it! It is very veri nice, but i want to hear an opinion from you about technical caraterists of this tv and this active speaker.

I have understand the sound system of beovision5 is good.... do you think so?

And what about the video system? Do you think it is good? I know many modern television probably are better? Is it true?

Can you explain me how does it work 'masterlink'? Can i connect Ouverture to Beovision5?  How does it function the connecting? Can i hear even tv and Ouverture into the same speaker?

I don't know if i will buy Beovision5 + Beolab penta, i am thinking about. Maybe your opinion can be useful to me...... i hope.

Thank you very much and scuse me for my bad english....... 

• 06-15-2008 1:44 PM In reply to

Re: Some suggestions?

Your English is excellent!

The Beovision 5 can be looked at as an Avant with a Plasma screen. This has advantages and disadvantages. It will work perfectly with your Ouverture  - simply connect the speakers to the BV5 and then connect the Ouverture to the BV5 using a Masterlink cable. The ouverture should be set to option 0 and the BV5 to option 2 if they are bothy in the same room.

The sound system of the BV5 is very good - the internal speakers are much like a pair of Beolab 4000s which are great. I would have the Beolab Pentas as front speakers and the Beolab 5000s as rears. You will be able to choose whichever source you want.  

The BV5 is no longer cutting edge as far as picture is concerned - the last ones are obviously the best though - but they are all pretty good. I am considering one myself!  

• 06-15-2008 1:58 PM In reply to

Peter :

connect the speakers to the BV5 and then connect the Ouverture to the BV5 using a Masterlink cable. T

And does the ouverture sounds even if the Beovision 5 is  'off'?..... 

• 06-15-2008 2:00 PM In reply to

The BV5 will turn on, but not the screen.
  • 06-15-2008 2:00 PM In reply to

I think the BV5 is definitely going to become a classic and I would have one if I had the space. If you check the product page here, there are different versions of it. The later ones are HD ready, influences the value much.

Depending on what source you watch, you will find that significant progress has been made when it comes to picture quality. For sound, I am pretty sure it holds up well with anything else you find out there.

What I think personally, I watch the TV more often off then on since I listen to a lot of music. So I would always always give up a little bit of picture quality to get a design icon which the BV5 in my opinion is.

Just make sure you can connect the devices you wish. If you have Blueray, PS3 and Apple TV together with a HD cable tuner this might not be the TV for you.

Cheers

JK 

BS9000, BS2300, BC2, BL2500, BL3, Bl2, BS1, BV8, BC4, A8

• 06-15-2008 2:20 PM In reply to

Ok, i have understood Bv5 is a good product.....

But it is not Hd ready? 

And what happened if i connect 2 active speaker to Overtoure and 5.1 speaker to beovision?

If i connect by masterlink Ouverture and Beovision, what happened?

Maybe when i play Ouverture i listen in beovision speaker and when i play beovision i listen into the Ouverture speaker? Or not? ....

• 06-15-2008 2:24 PM In reply to

Peter :
    The BV5 will turn on, but not the screen.

Aaaaah!!! Ok!

But... only speakers turn on? Or just the beovision with all his components turn on?

Is not possible to listen Ouverture and whatch television togheter so? They will be in two different near rooms  separed by a big fireplace.

....... i think i will buy beovision...... 

• 06-15-2008 2:35 PM In reply to

• Jandyt
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • Clitheroe, Lancashire, UK
    • Posts 13,004
    • Founder

Welcome to the forum Emabonacchi.Smile
    If you connect the Ouverture to the BV5, you won't have the speakers plugged into your Ouverture, they will all plug into the BV5.
    The sound of whatever you are using will then come through the speakers.
    The Pentas are marvelous speakers and there is a lot of members on here that would never part with them. If I had to lose all my B&O, bit by bit, I think my Pentas would be the last to go.
    I think if you get the BV5 and the Pentas, you will be smiling for ages!

Andy T.

Poor me, never win owt!

• 06-15-2008 3:22 PM In reply to

If you want them in different rooms, that is fine too! Connect a pair of speakers to each and have them both set to option 2. Again, you will be able to control all surces from both units - you can listen to the Ouverture on the BV5 and also the BV5 sound on the Ouverture.
  • 06-16-2008 2:04 AM In reply to

Fantastic!

Yesterday, after my last post, i have tell all the thing you said to me to my wife and we have decided to buy it!!

I hope we will be satisfact. The price, obviously is high. I hope Beovision 5 have a nice video system. Many people told me it is stupid to buy it because many other newest television have better technical caratteristic and lowest price..... i don't know if they are in right, i only know Beovision 5 is really amazing even when it is 'off'...

Today i will phone to the owner of beovision and i will tell him i accept!

I hope i can have soon it into my house! 

• 06-16-2008 2:27 PM In reply to

• Jandyt
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • Posts 13,004
    • Founder

Please let us know how you get on, and whether you agree with us or not.

Andy T.

Poor me, never win owt!

• 06-16-2008 3:16 PM In reply to

Sure!

Today i have call the owner and i have told him ok! I will buy it!

I think next weekend i will have Beovision 5.

I have decided i will fill my house with B&o products!

Now i want to find a Beogram compatible with my Ouverture and some light controls.

About Beogram, i think i have to find a Beogram with Datalink. I think a 3000 will be ok. Or not?

About LC1-2, some people told me these don't work in the same room with a plasma tv... what can you tell about?  They told me plasma monitor causes interferences. Is it true? 

Thank you for the replies and scuse me for my bad english..... i hope you understand me... 

• 06-16-2008 3:38 PM In reply to

You said:-

About LC1-2, some people told me these don't work in the same room with a plasma tv... what can you tell about?  They told me plasma monitor causes interferences. Is it true? 

It is true, however later versions of the LC2 had a new board which solved/reduced the problem.

The IR of the LC2 would not work due to light and electrical noise from a Plasma screen in the same room which provided no or poor remote control when a plasma monitor is turned on in the same room

The solution was to replace the PCB 1 part no. 8000664 with an updated version.

Regards Keith....

• 06-16-2008 4:11 PM In reply to

• Jandyt
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • Posts 13,004
    • Founder

emabonacchi:

I have decided i will fill my house with B&o products!

Oh dear! You have caught the Beovirus!
    I'm sorry, but there is no known cure.
    Before you know it, you'll be like me. 106 B&O items, and climbing!

Andy T.

Poor me, never win owt!

• 06-16-2008 4:49 PM In reply to

• Tom
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Luxembourg
    • Posts 3,175
    • Bronze Member

Jandyt:
     106 B&O items, and climbing!

That sounds very bad, Andy! You should see a doctor! 

Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life. - Berthold Auerbach

• 06-16-2008 4:52 PM In reply to

• Tom
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Luxembourg
    • Posts 3,175
    • Bronze Member

emabonacchi:

Now i want to find a Beogram compatible with my Ouverture and some light controls.

You don't absolutely need the LC2 if you want to control your lights with the Beo4 or Beo5. There are some alternatives which actually work very good. I use a lightmanager from www.jbmedia.de 

Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life. - Berthold Auerbach

• 06-16-2008 4:54 PM In reply to

• Jandyt
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • Posts 13,004
    • Founder

Yes Tom, it is bd
    I saw a doctor (all) last week. He has the same problem!

Poor me, never win owt!

• 06-16-2008 5:02 PM In reply to

Actually not anymore! I have reduced my addiction massively! About to give away a 7000 system and Beolink 7000! Admittedly partly to make space for my Beolab 5000 system!
  • 06-17-2008 1:53 AM In reply to

Keith Saunders:

The solution was to replace the PCB 1 part no. 8000664 with an updated version.

...ooh... :(

And do you know where i can find it?

There are no B&o-shop in my town, so i would like to know if i can find it online... 

• 06-17-2008 2:25 AM In reply to

If you have or are going to purchase an LC2 which is not one of the last to be produced by B&O (i.e. does not have the modification), then you can purchase the PCB and replace it in the LC2.

You can only buy this module from B&O and whilst there may be no B&O dealer in your town, it is small enough to be sent by post if needed.

However, there are many other replacement light control products which work with the Beo4 remote, one example has already been highlighted. For the bigger room with many lights you may wish to consider Lutron products which are co-marketed with B&O and two of their product range are compatible with the Beo4/5

Regards Keith....

• 06-17-2008 11:13 AM In reply to

Keith Saunders:

I

However, there are many other replacement light control products which work with the Beo4 remote, one example has already been highlighted. For the bigger room with many lights you may wish to consider Lutron products which are co-marketed with B&O and two of their product range are compatible with the Beo4/5

I have found "JbMedia" and it seems to have many versatile products.

So i have another question:

In this page

http://cms.jbmedia.de/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=79&Itemid=1

there is a dimmer to connect to an existent wall-swich. It seems very simple, but in my house, many wall-swich are not 'switch', but they are 'buttom' and go to activate a relay.

So, my wuestion is: does someone knows if it is possible to use this dimmer with relays? And if it is possible, where can i connect it?

Page 1 of 1 (21 items)