in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 06-14-2008 11:57 PM by TripEnglish. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-14-2008 11:43 PM

• Michael
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-23-2007
    • Atlanta, USA
    • Posts 318
    • Founder

Beosystem 3 and link room audio delay

Finally got my BS3 set up today and noticed that the audio in the link rooms are unusually offset compared to my BS1.  It's annoying because it sounds like a an echo when in adjacent rooms.  I thought it might be the fact that I'm using HDMI (+audio) for the first time and there may be some extra processing required in the signal path.  However, I noticed this occurs with the built in ATSC tuner (North America) as well.  I tried playing with the speaker distance settings to see if I could offset the audio but it didn't seem to make any difference.  Has anyone else noticed this or found a solution?

-Michael

• 06-14-2008 11:57 PM In reply to

Re: Beosystem 3 and link room audio delay

It's the "lip-synch" setting. It can be changed in the service menu. The audio track from the HDMI and the audio track from the analog RCA are timed differently. The HDMI is playing in the main room, and the analog track is playing in the link room. Offsetting the lip synch by 2 seconds or so should bring all the rooms into synch.

There is scarcely anything in this world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little more cheaply. The person who buys on price alone is this man's lawful prey. - John Ruskin

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)