in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 06-12-2008 11:53 PM by jk1002. 8 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-11-2008 3:27 PM

• SecretSheep
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 05-28-2008
    • In the field outside 'The Farm' - Struer
    • Posts 56
    • Bronze Member

BeoVision 8 System/DVB-T Module..

Well, Bjorn and John were stood outside the offices casually munching grass today when they heard some commotion. Next thing you see is an engineer throwing his sandwiches at a BeoVision 8 shouting unmentionables about the System/DVB-T being delayed.

I'm not sure if they have fly-spray in the building, but they kept mentioning bugs in the software!

Not very good news for Pierre, Francois and Jean - our French counterparts.. analogue TV's cannot be sold in their country any more by law!!

Baaa !!

The Sheep 

They think we're just eating grass....
  • 06-12-2008 3:19 AM In reply to

• steph
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • France
    • Posts 612
    • Bronze Member

Re: BeoVision 8 System/DVB-T Module..

Booooooooo !  Sad

I'm french and a big friend of Pierre, François and Jean and i'm very disapointed !

I was ready for the BV8 but now... 

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr !!  [:'(]

• 06-12-2008 5:49 AM In reply to

Struer needs a dictator in the Software Engineering department!!! It's probably the only way to get things done on time...

When are these engineers gonna get their act together and product some quality code????

The race for quality has no finish line- so technically, it's more like a death march.

• 06-12-2008 6:17 AM In reply to

• moxxey
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-14-2007
    • South West, UK
    • Posts 2,360
    • Bronze Member

As I mentioned yesterday, I was told by B&O that the BeoSound 5 might be delayed until Feb 2009....but not a single reply on this board!
  • 06-12-2008 6:21 AM In reply to

• Roger
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-28-2007
    • Norway
    • Posts 870
    • Founder

Regarding the BeoSound 5: I do not think that anyone at Struer (incl Bjorn & John) know exactly when it is ready for launch. It will, most likely, be ready for launch about 6 months after they actually launch it... Big Smile

Roger

• 06-12-2008 7:28 AM In reply to

• 9 LEE
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Moderator - UK
    • Posts 5,223
    • Founder

moxxey:
    As I mentioned yesterday, I was told by B&O that the BeoSound 5 might be delayed until Feb 2009....but not a single reply on this board!

Possibly no replies as it didn't come as a surprise.

Laughing

BeoWorld - Everything Bang & Olufsen

• 06-12-2008 12:39 PM In reply to

• Stan
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Posts 593
    • Gold Member

Karel Uyttendaele:

Struer needs a dictator in the Software Engineering department!!! It's probably the only way to get things done on time...

When are these engineers gonna get their act together and product some quality code????

In my experience, this is when customers get hit with crappy software.  The dictator says "ship it!" so the software ships, bugs and all.  Short term, good for the company as they have new revenue from the new software.  Long term, hard to say...  I'd like to say it hurts the company because smart consumers think again becaue of bad quality experience, but then I look at Microsoft (and most other large software vendors) and I say hmm...  if this were so, MS would be out of business... 

Stan

• 06-12-2008 1:29 PM In reply to

Stan:
    Karel Uyttendaele:

In my experience, this is when customers get hit with crappy software.  The dictator says "ship it!" so the software ships, bugs and all.  Short term, good for the company as they have new revenue from the new software.  Long term, hard to say...  I'd like to say it hurts the company because smart consumers think again becaue of bad quality experience, but then I look at Microsoft (and most other large software vendors) and I say hmm...  if this were so, MS would be out of business... 

Stan

Read my mail careful :-) I said "When are these engineers gonna get their act together and product some quality code????"

It takes a good Dev. Manager to steamline the developers and act upon them! I didn't say "ship it" :-)

The race for quality has no finish line- so technically, it's more like a death march.

• 06-12-2008 11:53 PM In reply to

>>Not very good news for Pierre, Francois and Jean - our French counterparts.. analogue TV's cannot be sold in their country any more by law!!<<

They could sell it without tuner as a computer monitor .... not such a big deal I thnk

BS9000, BS2300, BC2, BL2500, BL3, Bl2, BS1, BV8, BC4, A8

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)