in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 06-14-2008 4:23 AM by bazza. 20 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (21 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-09-2008 4:32 AM

beocom 2 base station registration issues

Hello,

Just got a beocom 2 that I would like to register to my base station ( A beocom 6000 pyramide).

The beocom 2 handset does not find the base station. Now the beocom 2 is a UK model and the beocom 6000 base set is from the US.

Would there be an issue with different country versions of FW?

Regards

Peter 

Filed under:
  • 06-09-2008 4:51 AM In reply to

Re: beocom 2 base station registration issies

Peter,

Have you triggered the base polling by pressing the centre button between the two brass phone contacts on the Pyramid base ?

Regards Keith....

• 06-09-2008 5:23 AM In reply to

Re: beocom 2 base station registration issues

Hello Keith, 

Yes did so. As test I also re-registered one of the beocom 6000 handsets.That worked fine. The base station is picked up within seconds.

The 6000 handsets have unique names and numbers 1-3. Do I give the beocom 2 handset an number before registering it? 

Regards

Peter. 

• 06-09-2008 5:57 AM In reply to

Peter,

Whilst the Base station was from the US, was the Beocom 6000 also from the US or was it a UK version. The US handsets have different firmware in them.

Regards Keith....

• 06-09-2008 6:50 AM In reply to

Hello Keith

The Beocom 6000 base station and handsets are from US , the beocom 2 is from the UK.

Regards

Peter 

• 06-09-2008 7:31 AM In reply to

Peter,

In both the handset and the base there are "Country Parameters" setup and when both the handset and when the base and handset have the same parameters there is no problem, but when they have incompatible "Country Parameters" is where you get problems and in my view that is your problem. So, to change these "Country Parameters" or update the firmware in the base or the handset you will need the help of your local dealer.

He can attach a jig to the phone and base and update them via a software tool in his PC.

Regards Keith....

• 06-10-2008 2:34 PM In reply to

Hello Keith

Having googled around a bit I learned that the frequency for DECT in the US is different from the one in Europe. US being 2.4GHz and Europe 1.9.

Now when I check the handset version no, the end bit lists 2G4, seems to indicate the beocom 6000 set I have works with 2.4 GHz frequency.

What is the frequency used in Europe by B&O for a Beocom 6000 and 2? If this is different from the 2.4 it will never work together, right?

Regards

Peter 

Filed under:
  • 06-10-2008 3:19 PM In reply to

• bazza
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 06-08-2008
    • Posts 9
    • Bronze Member

Sad [:(] Re: beocom 2 base station registration issues

ANYBODY

COULD YOU HELP US PLEASE

JUST MOVED TO SPAIN FROM ENGLAND AND HAVE FULL SET OF BEO6000.

CANT SEAM TO GET THEM TO WORK OUTHERE EVEN THOU THEY ARE IN FULL CHARGE.

COULD YOU GIVE US SOME ADVICE PLEASE

REGARDS

BAZZA

• 06-10-2008 3:28 PM In reply to

Hello

What type of cable are you using to connect the base station to the 'network', i.e. the telephone connection socket in the wall?

Regards

Peter 

• 06-11-2008 9:09 AM In reply to

• bazza
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 06-08-2008
    • Posts 9
    • Bronze Member

HI PETE

WE HAVE A 3WAY LEAD THAT SAYS POWER LINE ON THE BOTTOM AND APP ON THE TOP! ONE CABLE GOES FROM  POWER LINE TO SOCKET IN WALL.THE PHONEBASE IS INTO THE APP SOCKET AND THE THIRD CABLE GOES FROM THE OTHER POWER SOCKET TO A LINKSYS PHONE ADAPTER THAT CONNECTS TO OUR BROARDBAND

MUCKED UP I KNOW

THANKS FOR YOUR REPLY

REGARDS

BAZZA[:'(]

• 06-11-2008 9:48 AM In reply to

Peter,

The DECT frequency band used in the US & Europe for the Beocom 6000 is the same of 2.4 Ghz

Regards Keith....

• 06-11-2008 9:52 AM In reply to

Bazza,

When you say that you cannot get them to work, please define the "Problem Statement" more clearly.

The following are my questions:-

• Do you have more than one Beocom 6000 ?
    • Are the Beocom 6000's registered with the base ?
    • Do you get a dial tone on the Beocom 6000's or does it display "Line Busy" ?

Regards Keith....

• 06-11-2008 11:52 AM In reply to

• bazza
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 06-08-2008
    • Posts 9
    • Bronze Member

HI  KEITH

YES' WE HAVE SIX PHONES AND THEY ARE REGISTERED WITH THERE BASES.

ON THE MAIN PHONE ALL IT SAYS ON IT IS THE OLD ROOMS THEY WERE IN WHEN WE WERE IN THE UK.THE MAIN BASE HAS A GREEN LIGHT BUT THE HANDSET FLASHES RED.

THERE IS NO DIAL TONE WHATSOEVER!

REGARDS

BAZZA

• 06-11-2008 12:28 PM In reply to

Bazza,

In your response you use the words "THERE BASES" does that mean you have more than one base ?

You also said "ON THE MAIN PHONE" which tends to lead me to believe that you have more than one base. Please confirm ?

Given, that you were previously using these phones in the UK, I am assuming they have BT style phone line plugs, does this mean you have connected the BT plug via an adapter to the spanish phone line ? If not this may well be your problem.

Regards Keith....

• 06-11-2008 1:16 PM In reply to

I think I understand the 'config'

Lets focus on the wire from the 3 way lead plug to the linksys phone adapter.

What is that for type of adapter? Is that a broadband dsl filter. If so did you by any chance bring that with you from the UK?

If so replace that with a 'local' spanish version. That might help.

What type of connector sits at the cable that you plug in the filter, is that a typical UK/BT type plug instead of the standard RJ11 type plug?

Peter

• 06-13-2008 12:17 PM In reply to

• bazza
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 06-08-2008
    • Posts 9
    • Bronze Member

KEITH

YES SORRY. THERE'S ONE MAIN BASE (PYRAMID).THE OTHERS ARE BASE CHARGERS! REGARDING THE PHONE LINE PLUGS THESE ARE EURO TYPE.WE HAD A PLUG THAT CONVERTED THEM TO THE BT AND YES THE ADAPTER IS PLUGGED INTO THE SPANISH VIA A 2PIN PLUG.

REGARDS

BAZZA

• 06-13-2008 12:27 PM In reply to

• bazza
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 06-08-2008
    • Posts 9
    • Bronze Member

PETER

THE 3WAY ADAPTER JUST HAS APP ON THE TOP HOLE AND THE BOTTOM 2 HAS POWER LINE.I DONT THINK ITS A dsl FILTER? BUT HEY WHAT DO I KNOW!!

I'LL GIVE THE SPANISH VERSION A GO

THANKS FOR YOUR HELP

REGARDS

BAZZA

• 06-13-2008 1:20 PM In reply to

Bazza,

If you disconnect the phone line from the phone socket and then open the line on the handset, you should hear the engaged signal.

If, when you open the line you do not hear either an engaged tone or a dial tone, then there is either a fault with the base possible caused by plugging the base cable into the wrong socket on the "T" connector or a cable short.

Below is a picture of the "T" connector, is it the same one as you are using ?

Regards Keith....

• 06-13-2008 1:30 PM In reply to

Hi Bazza,

You are right the 3 way adapter is just a cable splitter, nothing to do with dsl.

So al long as you make sure you use a cable between the 3 way adapter and the 2 pin connector that connects the two middle 'pins' from the 3 way adapter to the 2 pins on the wall socket side the wiring is ok.

I things do not work with the above you have to look at a fault in the base station.

Regards

Peter

• 06-14-2008 4:05 AM In reply to

• bazza
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 06-08-2008
    • Posts 9
    • Bronze Member

HI KEITH

YES KEITH THATS THE SAME "T" CONNECTOR. DONE WHAT YOU ADVISED AND THERE'S A ENGAGED TONE'ALSO THE FONE SAYS NO SIGNAL ON IT.

ONE POSSIBLE ANSWER IS I'M NOT CONNECTING THE CABLES RIGHT! OR AS YOU SAID IT MIGHT BE A FAULT WITH THE BASE.  I'V TRIED EVERYTHING.DO YOU THINK I SHOULD CONTACT B&O HERE IN SPAIN!

REGARDS

BAZZA

• 06-14-2008 4:23 AM In reply to

• bazza
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 06-08-2008
    • Posts 9
    • Bronze Member

HI PETER

YES THERE MIGHT BE A FAULT WITH THE BASE STATION.PERHAPS I SHOULD START FROM SCRATCH AND GO THRU THE WHOLE SET UP PROCESS AND CALL IN B&O ESPANA

WHAT DO YOU THINK

REGARDS

BAZZA

Page 1 of 1 (21 items)