in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 06-17-2008 12:36 PM by jb. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-08-2008 6:50 AM

• jb
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 03-17-2008
    • Surrey, UK
    • Posts 10
    • Bronze Member

Power Link Connections - New & Old

Hi all,

I'm hoping someone can help please. We moved into a new house a while back so I have wired in for our B&O kit, but now that I've come to make the connections I'm a little stumped! I've laid in new power link cable with 4 wires plus 2 shields - Yellow, Blue, Brown & shield, Green & shield. I would like to solder these to a wall plate (part no 7210512) and in some cases join them to my old cables with plugs on. In regard to the wall plates the instruction sheet that comes with it doesn't show my cables exactly - in fact where it lists power link it show 5 wires plus two shields? To confuse me more when I come to connect the new to old cable, the latter only has 3 wires & 2 shields - Yellow, Brown & Shield, Green & Shield. Can anyone point me in the right direction to find any instruction sheets for this - I have searched the forum and B&O's site unsuccessfully? Any help gratefully received.

Jason 

• 06-08-2008 8:31 AM In reply to

Re: Power Link Connections - New & Old

Hi Jason,

Try here http://www.beoworld.org/beotech/wiring2.htm

You only need 4 wires to make it work. L, R, L/R ground and ON

Regards Graham

• 06-08-2008 12:21 PM In reply to

• stefan
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • 200 miles from Struer
    • Posts 1,733
    • Founder

Graham is right. Maybe for ice powered speakers you will need a PL MK III wiring, which means PIN 3 and 5 for L-R audio, PIN 2 ground, PIN 4 for speaker on/off, and PIN 7 for (ice power?) ground. More info by Peter Pan:

http://forum.beoworld.org/forums/thread/1624.aspx

Stefan 

• 06-17-2008 12:36 PM In reply to

• jb
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 03-17-2008
    • Surrey, UK
    • Posts 10
    • Bronze Member

Thanks to you both. Sorry for not replying sooner but I've been a bit manic. I have however used your information and have successfully connected my speakers and other cables. Those pesky power link wires are so thin, they're a pain to work with!

Thanks again.

Jason 

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)