in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 05-09-2007 5:02 AM by Kevin. 13 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (14 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-08-2007 9:51 AM

• beofan
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • North Wales
    • Posts 36
    • Bronze Member

Why no replacement for the LC2 from B & O?

Just a basic Q regarding the LC2 - why has B & O not come up with a replacement for it? I think it is a very useful piece of equipement (bought the last one in stock at B & O Chester and have just got a second off e-Bay[ where they sell like hot cakes] for what was the retail price from B & O). If they don't replace it then the "Light" button on the Beo4 remote has no purpose. What do other people think?

Dom
  • 05-08-2007 10:02 AM In reply to

Re: Why no replacement for the LC2 from B & O?

I totaly agree with you!
    LC3 with built in timer and light sensor...

/Ola
  • 05-08-2007 10:33 AM In reply to

• Tom
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Luxembourg
    • Posts 3,175
    • Bronze Member

you can control other brands' light controllers via your Beo4, does not have to be LC2

Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life. - Berthold Auerbach

• 05-08-2007 10:44 AM In reply to

Most dealers supply the Lutron system which is flexible and offers more control than single light control units.

The really big miss for me is the two way system which allowed you to program lights to go on and off around the house at various times. Excellent anti burglar device.

• 05-08-2007 10:50 AM In reply to

I don't think there will be a replacement for the lc2.The new beosystem 3 can communicate with homeautomation systems which can do a lot more than just putting the light on or off.Those systems are abel to close curtains or dim lights when de tv goes on. To do this you need several type of lc3's to do the same (dimmers, relays). And your room isn't full of small boxes and wiresAnd i can imagine that the regulations in some countries make it very difficult to produce an piece of equipment which is aloud everywhere. 
  • 05-08-2007 10:55 AM In reply to

Hi

I think 9Lee has several available. I have 12 throughout my flat. It's great at night just waving around my Beo4 around and all lights go off.

Brian

• 05-08-2007 11:55 AM In reply to

As far as I know there is only one stand alone IR-dimmer (except from LC & LC2) that takes B&o IR command. I think its called Dinalight. 

Do you know any other?

(I know there are different systems as Lutron etc)
  • 05-08-2007 12:34 PM In reply to

• TEL
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Berks U K
    • Posts 92
    • Founder

Brian Waddell:

It's great at night just waving around my Beo4 around and all lights go off.

You need the A9 Keyring - then just one press of a button turns all the lights off in one go (as well as tv and audio) - a really useful tool.

TEL
  • 05-08-2007 1:08 PM In reply to

• Calvin
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • London
    • Posts 233
    • Bronze Member

Do B&O get a cut of the Lutron profits by endorsing the sale of them through their outlets?

I suppose it's probably just classic economics: the cost of developping a new product versus the profit obtainable from the sale of them. Surely the cost margin was why they stopped having their own production line dedicated to making the LC2s?
  • 05-08-2007 1:49 PM In reply to

• Toubro
    • Top 200 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Copenhagen, Denmark
    • Posts 263
    • Founder

TEL:
    Brian Waddell:

You need the A9 Keyring - then just one press of a button turns all the lights off in one go (as well as tv and audio) - a really useful tool.

That will only work with the LC2s that is in the range of the IR beam from the A9. The Beo4 can do this as well by holding down the off button.

The reason all tv/audio turns off, is the Beolink connection, which the LC2s don't have.

• 05-08-2007 3:05 PM In reply to

I would love to see a revised or new LC from B&O... doubt that will happen by the looks of it.
  • 05-08-2007 8:00 PM In reply to

• TEL
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Berks U K
    • Posts 92
    • Founder

Toubro:
    TEL:
    Brian Waddell:

That will only work with the LC2s that is in the range of the IR beam from the A9. The Beo4 can do this as well by holding down the off button.

The reason all tv/audio turns off, is the Beolink connection, which the LC2s don't have.

I only have 3 x LC1's and the A9 keyring works ok

TEL
  • 05-09-2007 4:53 AM In reply to

• beofan
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • North Wales
    • Posts 36
    • Bronze Member

Hi there
    I was unaware of the Beosystem 3 until I saw it mentioned on this thread - have looked it up on the B & O website and am still a bit unsure what it is, a glorified junction box for all components plus switching ability via cable [only]? Cannot find a price for it but I guess it costs a bit more than an LC2? Can you use non- B & O components with it, ie [say] a Panasonic plasma TV or other brand DVD players?

Dom
  • 05-09-2007 5:02 AM In reply to

• Kevin
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-15-2007
    • Posts 1,256
    • Founder

You could call it that at it's most basic Laughing

It's designed to work best with B&O gear or the non B&O equipment on their list.  It has been tuned so to speak to get the best out of this equipment with varying types of signals. So for instance it will do a frame by frame (in real time) processing of the dark/light/contrast settings with maps setup by B&O. If you use something which it doesn't recognise then it will go for a more basic map and work from that.

B&O use it as the hub for their Beoliving setups.

Can't help on price I'm afraid.

Keivn 

Page 1 of 1 (14 items)