in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 06-04-2008 2:52 AM by Dillen. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-01-2008 6:45 PM

Beocord 9000 No Power

I have recently purchased a Beocord 9000. The deck does not power up. There are 2 LED's on the main display that light up when it is powered on. After about 5 seconds one of the LED's goes out. But the other stays lit. That is all this deck does. I took apart the power transformer and tested the fuse in it and it was good. I also cleaned the contacts on the ribbon connector. I got a service manual with it, but it is mostly just a schematic and alignment instructions. Maybe part of the service manual is missing??? This deck looks like a really nice one, I'd like to get it running. I'm hoping that someone else has seen this problem and that it is a relatively easy fix. Any help would be greatly appreiated!!! Thanks much for your time!!!

Arne

• 06-02-2008 2:05 AM In reply to

• geearr
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-27-2008
    • Gold Coast, Australia
    • Posts 301
    • Gold Member

Re: Beocord 9000 No Power

When I start up my BC9000, two red lights come on, one on the upper part at the right side and the other on the centre at the left side.  After four or five seconds, the left one goes out.  All is normal so far.  With the single light on indicating standby mode you should still be able to get some response from the keyboard even though there is no tape loaded.  The number buttons should work when pressed.  I presume that you have absolutely no response at all from the keyboard.  Now the long haul begins.  I spent about four months getting my machine into full working order and for me, it was certainly a very complicated unit and a hard task.  I also had the good fortune that the keyboard was at least giving a response right from the start.  If you have the schematics, you do have a good starting point.  I have not seen any literature with back to basic problem solving and the manuals do only provide detailed information on specific tuning issues.  If you have checked for proper voltages after the power supply you will now have to trace the situation into board 1.  That is where the fun begins.  Sorry but I cannot offer any more help than that.  If you do manage to get the machine to work, it is a beauty and I still use it a lot.

Geoff

• 06-02-2008 3:48 AM In reply to

Arne,

Having reviewed the service manual, I would say what you have is complete. I think the first thing to check is if you have +5 volts on the main board. Look at page 1-6 diagram 4 and check the +5 volts

Regards Keith....

• 06-04-2008 12:21 AM In reply to

Hi Geoff,

That is correct. I do not get any response from the keyboard at all. I'll give it a shot and see if I can get it running. Thanks for the encouragement!!!

Arne

• 06-04-2008 12:22 AM In reply to

Hi Keith,

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. I'll give it a try and see if I can't get it working. It might lead to more posts on here!!! Thanks again for your help!!

Arne

• 06-04-2008 2:52 AM In reply to

• Dillen
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Copenhagen / Denmark
    • Posts 5,008
    • Founder

Check also the transformer edge connector. The board inside the transformer tend to oxidate, clean it with a glass-hair brush or similar.

Martin

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)