in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 06-02-2008 9:06 AM by david707. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-30-2008 7:24 AM

Beocom 6000 not registered

Tried to register a handset to my 6000 base (Mk1). I get "searching for base" and then "not registered"

This handset was previously registered to the base but having removed the battery for a while and then re-connected it displayed "No signal". The forum advice was to remove the base from the handset's memory and register it again. The base is open so why doesn't the handset find it and register?

Thanks for further help

David

• 05-30-2008 9:11 AM In reply to

• Jandyt
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • Clitheroe, Lancashire, UK
    • Posts 13,004
    • Founder

Re: Beocom 6000 not registered

david707:

advice was to remove the base from the handset's memory and register it again. 

Better to remove the handset from the base's memory. Do you have a working handset to do this?

Poor me, never win owt!

• 05-31-2008 6:39 AM In reply to

• demonell
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 03-31-2008
    • Cheltenham
    • Posts 44
    • Bronze Member

Obvious perhaps but I assume you've pressed the little button on the pstn to allow the 5mins to re-register the phone?
  • 05-31-2008 6:16 PM In reply to

Yes - I did 'open up' the base by pressing the button. I have two other handsets working fine with this base and don't want to do anything to prevent them from working. I've never had this problem before so I think the offending handset has a fault which has developed in storage. It was originally dead after been left out in the rain but then came back to life after months of storage in a dry warm environment. It worked fine and then began to discharge batteries faster than normal. Maybe time for another handset or a service kit?
  • 06-01-2008 4:37 AM In reply to

David,

There could be several reasons why your base is not registering including:-

• Faulty battery which provides enough power to run the phone itself, but is to weak for transmission.
    • You have 5 phones already registered with teh base even if you only actually using two.
    • The phone itself has a fault.

Given that you have said that the phone appears to discharge batteries faster than normal tends to lead me to believe that it is an electronic fault with the phone.

I would suggest updating it to a Mark II (modified) phone as discussed in other threads, PM me for information.

Regards Keith....

• 06-02-2008 9:06 AM In reply to

Thank you Keith. I will send you a PM

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)