in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 05-21-2008 7:04 AM by Alex. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-21-2008 4:42 AM

Linn sneaky music ds

Just took a look at this product and was very impressed - though the name could be better !  It allows streaming of music to other rooms from a networked computer/ harddisk but with audiophile quality. The unit can then be directly connected to speakers or pass the signal to say a power amp.

Price approx £1,000

I had been thinking of getting Apple TV but have struggled to think of how I can connect this to our BV 7/32 without having to use an external DAC.

This might meet my requirements since it has a good quality DAC and can output either by digital connection or L/R components.

Digital presumably is still a problem for the 7/32 for stereo ?

Questions:

How to connect this so accessible through link room and main room speakers ?

Alternatives - through BV 7/32 or through AUX of Beocenter 2300.

Does a cable exist to connect from AUX of Beocenter to L/R outputs on the Linn ?

• 05-21-2008 4:53 AM In reply to

• Alex
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Bath & Cardiff, UK
    • Posts 2,990
    • Bronze Member

Re: Linn sneaky music ds

Apple TV! Cheaper, neater, controllable via Beo4 and gives you other stuff too, like Movies and Photos. A good DAC + Apple TV will still cost less than the Linn solution, and I dare say it would probably work much better too!

Weekly top artists:                   

• 05-21-2008 6:39 AM In reply to

Assuming I get the software update on the BV7-32 to allow control of the apple tv by Beo4 is it possible to access the video/ audio in link rooms ?

Does this involve connection by component cables rather than DVI ?

• 05-21-2008 7:04 AM In reply to

• Alex
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Bath & Cardiff, UK
    • Posts 2,990
    • Bronze Member

No, you would have to get a component > RGB adapter for the Apple TV and run in to one of the Scart sockets on the BeoVision 7 in order to distribute the sound/picture around the house.

Weekly top artists:                   

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)