in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 05-25-2008 6:29 AM by Flappo The Grate. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-19-2008 12:54 PM

• pdoisy
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Italy
    • Posts 41
    • Bronze Member

Advice for AppleTV + Avant

Hi everyone!

I have received an AppleTV and I would like to connect it to my Avant (CTV, EUR). Before buying the Component/RGB converter, some doubts came to my mind: does my Avant has a RGB scart for my ATV?

In fact, the AV and V.TAPE scarts are already taken by DVD1 and HDR1 respectively. Only the DECODER scart is free but I've read in the tech specs that this scart does not support RGB, only CVBS (composite) (see http://www.beoworld.org/prod_details.asp?pid=571).

In this case, I should buy a Component/Composite converter and plug it into the DECODER scart.

However... is this the best solution I can get? Would it be good enough in quality even in composite? Or can I still get RGB by some means? Or should I move to BV7/BeoSystem3?... ;-)

Your advice/ideas/suggestions will be very appreciated. Thanks!

Pascal

NB: I also have a BV6-22 with DVI input. The solution would be cheaper but the screen is smaller but would prefer to have the ATV linked to the Avant...

• 05-22-2008 4:53 AM In reply to

• pdoisy
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Italy
    • Posts 41
    • Bronze Member

Re: Advice for AppleTV + Avant

Well, no answers... I also realise they are no easy answer.

So I will put the question differently.

Is there anyone made a connection between Apple TV and B&O TV using a composite (CVBS) converter? Is the quality of the image for photos/movies good?

Having all the RGB scart ports used by peripherals (DVD, HDR), anybody tried a solution to connect the Apple TV using RGB to the B&O TV?

Thanks 

• 05-22-2008 11:03 AM In reply to

A little off topic but B&O have just released new STB-C chips for the Avant and some of the older tv's. The chips now include up to date set top box lists and including Apple TV.

Thought you may like to know after reading the thread.

• 05-22-2008 11:59 AM In reply to

• pdoisy
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Italy
    • Posts 41
    • Bronze Member

Thanks vinnie21 for the info!

I have the Avant since 1998 (omg 10 years) and upgraded gradually to DolbyDigital, RF modulation, chipset... I really like the image of the Avant and want to keep my investment as it still looks and works as brand new.

However, I am starting to see that it is hard to combine it as new technology/requirement is coming (DTV, AppleTV, beamer, new B&O products...).

I guess one day I will have to move to BS3 (or BS4 at the time) and put my Avant to retirement in a secondary room... sad sad sad...

• 05-22-2008 8:43 PM In reply to

http://forum.beoworld.org/forums/thread/2107.aspx

I think you have a few options and somebody tried before but didn't post. Maybe just email him.

I do have the BV8 with the ATV and love it ..... even though it hugs my only HDMI .... 

BS9000, BS2300, BC2, BL2500, BL3, Bl2, BS1, BV8, BC4, A8

• 05-25-2008 6:29 AM In reply to

you might find this useful , then

http://www.xtrememac.com/xtremehd/switcher/index.php 

popgear is grate™

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)