in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 05-08-2007 9:42 AM by Peter. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-07-2007 4:26 PM

• andy
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-18-2007
    • weston-super(!)-mare
    • Posts 123
    • Founder

Avant ( 28, RF, VCR) RF out

hello folks

i seem to be be having a little problem and i know one of you kind peeps will have the answer...because i could be being a bit silly !

i have an avant and i want to take RF out to another TV ( it will be a MX4002), so i connect a short RF lead from the back of the avant to the back of a MX1500....i am watching sat on the avant...i put the MX into search mode and it finds TV channels..but no sat channel

also, if i go into the avant menu and play with the link frequency i can make two white lines appear..these i can find on the MX ( least i think its the same 2 white lines)

so, should what ever is in the avant acreen come out of the RF...or do i need a module....or am i missing something really simple..

much appreciate all help

andy m

• 05-07-2007 4:56 PM In reply to

Re: Avant ( 28, RF, VCR) RF out

You should be able to get what you want but the thing you really need is the Beolink Video box. This will control the Avant and the MX so that you get the right channel tuned in. I think the link frequency of the Avant is usually 599 so try that. You can of course alter that in the set up menu screen of the Avant. All the manuals are on site as is the Product configuration guide which will tell you how to do it!
  • 05-08-2007 5:37 AM In reply to

• andy
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-18-2007
    • weston-super(!)-mare
    • Posts 123
    • Founder

Peter

didnt think i needed a beolink video ......i have RF out from my sat box to another room as well, the one with the ouverture in it and i can change channels on the sat box through the ouverture, so i presumed that having an MX in the bed room, RF`ed to the back of the avant would be able to control the TV as i can do now through the ouverture and beolab 2000`s i have......

i imagined that controling the avant through a MX4002 ( yet to be bought) would obviate the need for a beolink video

ps...peter i also have your old MCL2P amp..do you want it back ??

pps...were is the configuration guide...carnt find it..!

• 05-08-2007 9:42 AM In reply to

But you are controlling the RF feed through the no doubt masterlinked Ouverture. The MX will need a connection back to the Avant as the RF contains no signal to tel the Avant what to do. The Masterlink or MCL connection is the control section with the video signal coming from the RF.

I replied to your PM about the MCL2P. Find a deserving character who needs it and give it to them! That way you get the good feeling about giving it to someone and they get a free MCL2P. With a bit of luck, they will do the same in future years!

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)