in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 05-08-2007 6:27 AM by MoglesMac. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-07-2007 12:57 PM

Beogram 5500

I have a couple of questions about my sweet secondhand Beogram 5500:

1. Im thinking of getting a new stylus (MMC4) since i think my current one sounds not as healthy, in stead of going to for a brand new one i was thinking of getting one 2nd hand, is there something i need to know about how to install the "new" one? Something i need to do before i switch?

2. Was reading thru your excellent manuals and guides you have here and saw that my Beogram should have a small lamp wich dont work on my player, all i can read out from the servicemanuals is that it is a 12V lamp... does any of you guys know exactly wich type it is and maybe even where to get hold of one? As far i have understood from the manuals is that i need to loosen the "back-casing" in order to get access to the lamp right?

Thanx for all the help and i even went for Silver-member since i urged a need for the manuals :) and in so i didnt "destroyed" the % of winningchance for all Gold-members on the lottery :)

MoglesMac
    Sweden

• 05-07-2007 1:31 PM In reply to

Re: Beogram 5500

I am sure Marin can advise on the exact bulb you need. However I would strongly counsel you to get a new Soundsmith cartridge. MMC cartridges have not been made for a long time and even unused ones could be starting to develop problems.

To remove the cartridge, simply pull it out - a little jiggling from side to side can help! Once you put the new one in, don't take it out again till it needs replacing in another 10 years! 

• 05-07-2007 3:25 PM In reply to

Just order a bulb from your dealer. They are still available, at least they were 6 months ago. It's the same bulb in all that series of decks right up to the 7000.

Regards Graham

• 05-08-2007 6:27 AM In reply to

Thanx for the tips to both of you guys, and yea i start to think its better to go for a new stylus :)

Cheers

MoglesMac
    Sweden

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)