in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 05-28-2008 5:01 PM by tournedos. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-15-2008 12:42 PM

Cleaning Beogram 4000

Hi

Thought I'd see if there were any particular products or methods that people had found good, bad or indifferent (or ones to avoid) when cleaning a Beogram 4000.

Particularly interested in cleaning the aluminium deck itself.

For the lid and deck so far I've used a household cleaner like one of the ones with apple/orange in them and on the wood surround some teak oil.  The teak oil has worked a treat but I'm sure I could get the metal sections better.

I presume I could use the same to clean the metal parts of a Beocenter as well?

Cheers all

• 05-28-2008 4:01 PM In reply to

Re: Cleaning Beogram 4000

No-one got any tips they want to share???

• 05-28-2008 4:15 PM In reply to

Well, not really, except try pretty much anything that's safe to use without gloves, and try on a non-visible part first. Aluminum is pretty inert to chemicals, and I'd expect any common detergent to be fine (don't overdue it, and spray on the cloth and not directly on the object).

The brushed aluminum surfaces can collect ugly dirt (grease from fingers, etc) in the small grooves. In Finland we have on sale this funny sponge made of some micro-material ("magic sponge", freely translated) which works wonders on difficult surfaces like that, with just water. Haven't tried it on brushed aluminum, though - would do right now, if I had that sponge here!

-mika

• 05-28-2008 4:54 PM In reply to

As the panels just come off, I have just used soapy water. The wood is best treated by cleaning with liseed oil and white spirit mixture and then use danish oil. Some prefer Beeswax.
  • 05-28-2008 5:01 PM In reply to

Oh yes, and I have to take a little back from that "use anything" advice - it's probably good for the BG4000, but I believe some other products have some kind of a coating on the brushed aluminum, and you don't want to dissolve that. As Peter said, I believe soapy water, paper towels and some old fashioned elbow grease should do the job?

-mika

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)