in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 05-10-2007 4:09 PM by beodude. 29 replies.
Page 1 of 2 (30 items) 1 2 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-07-2007 10:41 AM

The new BS2 cases!

Just read the News articles on Beowolrd.

Does anyone have one of those BS2 covers by Vaja?

They look quite stylish and provide a bit of 'fun' to the BS2 in comparisson to my LV and B&O cases. Recently I've no longer bothered with the cases. Just keep it in a pocket without any keys or coins and it doesn't scratch.

Without using keeping it in a case however causes very faint scratches which look more like brushes. I remember reading somewhere ages ago that David Lewis wanted this to happen, and I quite like it that way too.

But seriously, $140?!

• 05-07-2007 10:45 AM In reply to

• Graeme
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Aberdeenshire Scotland
    • Posts 194
    • Bronze Member

Re: The new BS2 cases!

hear what your saying bout the price, but they look well made. The price I suppose reflects the amount they think they may sell compared to say the ipod cover, but thats not any cheeper
    Cheers Graeme
  • 05-07-2007 10:47 AM In reply to

Those covers look fantastic!

If you think these are expensive - have a guess how much the LV ones retail at! 

• 05-07-2007 10:50 AM In reply to

• Graeme
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Aberdeenshire Scotland
    • Posts 194
    • Bronze Member

the LV ones dont seem to be as good a fit as these
    Cheers Graeme
  • 05-07-2007 10:51 AM In reply to

• stevo4
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Los Angeles
    • Posts 82
    • Bronze Member

I use one (and they faintly imprint your name on the back) for my Treo 650. It adds a little more bulk to the phone but they are excellently made and very sturdy.

stevo

• 05-07-2007 11:58 AM In reply to

BS2 Louis Vuitton

Borja
  • 05-07-2007 1:59 PM In reply to

• mbee
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-18-2007
    • Paris, France
    • Posts 1,133
    • Bronze Member

Where is the News section of beoworld? I didn't find it :-/

For people like me, here is the link to the BS2 cases by Vaja on the Vaja site :
    http://www.vajacases.com/images/notebook/apple/macbook-pro_15/macbook-pro_15_en.html

Vaja is IMHO almost as good as Louis Vuitton for less money : the cases fit your gadget as a second skin, the leather are of extremely good quality, and the level of personnalisation is at the top (name/logo engraving, huge range of colors...)
    Now that there is a Vaja case for the BS2, forget the Louis Vuitton!

• 05-07-2007 2:15 PM In reply to

• Toubro
    • Top 200 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Copenhagen, Denmark
    • Posts 263
    • Founder

mbee:

For people like me, here is the link to the BS2 cases by Vaja on the Vaja site :
    http://www.vajacases.com/images/notebook/apple/macbook-pro_15/macbook-pro_15_en.html

Vaja is IMHO almost as good as Louis Vuitton for less money : the cases fit your gadget as a second skin, the leather are of extremely good quality, and the level of personnalisation is at the top (name/logo engraving, huge range of colors...)
    Now that there is a Vaja case for the BS2, forget the Louis Vuitton!

Actually your link is for the MacBook pro, this is for the BS2: http://www.vajacases.com/images/mp3/bang-olufsen/beosound-2.html
    The Beoworld News section is on the frontpage of www.beoworld.org :o)

On a little sidenote, I was actually looking at the MacBook pro case earlier today on their site and all I thought was, that looks great, but where do put the charger?? I can't see any pockets on the pictures.

• 05-07-2007 2:29 PM In reply to

• 9 LEE
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Moderator - UK
    • Posts 5,223
    • Founder

Well, i'm all for improvement - but the News section can't be any more prominent than where it is! Laughing

As mentioned in the news item, they have promised to send us one for a Prize in the Prize Draw, so lets see if they deliver. The MD seems like a very nice guy with a lot of enthusiasm for his brand. Always good to see!

Once i have the case in my hand, and have seen its high quality - we have talked about a special discount code for BeoWorld users, entitling them to 20% discount on all Vaja products.

Don't say we don't negotiate for the members! Big SmileLaughing

Lee

BeoWorld - Everything Bang & Olufsen

• 05-07-2007 2:47 PM In reply to

9 LEE:

Well, i'm all for improvement - but the News section can't be any more prominent than where it is! Laughing

As mentioned in the news item, they have promised to send us one for a Prize in the Prize Draw, so lets see if they deliver. The MD seems like a very nice guy with a lot of enthusiasm for his brand. Always good to see!

Once i have the case in my hand, and have seen its high quality - we have talked about a special discount code for BeoWorld users, entitling them to 20% discount on all Vaja products.

Don't say we don't negotiate for the members! Big SmileLaughing

Lee

Lee you are a star, big Dad spoiling us with all these goodies!

Vaja have always made high quality bits and pieces, but once I bought a case for my cell phone and it wasn't tight enough. Our iPod cases have been good though.

Thanks for the future discount Lee!

• 05-07-2007 2:52 PM In reply to

• Tom
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Luxembourg
    • Posts 3,175
    • Bronze Member

I prefer this one to the LV one. Looks much better and now, as almost everybody must have some LV bags or wallets, it has lost interest for me.

Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life. - Berthold Auerbach

• 05-07-2007 3:01 PM In reply to

When I used to use a case for my BS2 I scrapped my LV case for the leather B&O case very quickly because it was just far too fidgety!
  • 05-07-2007 3:52 PM In reply to

I have the Vaja case for the BS2 and like it.  It is sturdy and they will laser imprint your name on the back.  However what I don't like is they put their logo very prominently in metal on the top of the case.  I also have a Vaja case for an Ipod.

Vaja has been in business for several years and is very reputable.  I expect that I will get a Vaja case for an Iphone when available even though I don't like the logo on the front.

$140 isn't cheap but the case is well made and a lot cheaper that the LV case.

I guess I have already mentioned twice that I didn't like the logo but I purchased Vaja cases anyway because they are really well made and I dislike the LV case even more.

Beosound 5 BL9 BC2 BL8000 Beovision 7 BL6002  BL11 

• 05-09-2007 8:51 AM In reply to

• Dave
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Brisbane, Australia
    • Posts 2,328
    • Bronze Member

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

“Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of intelligent effort.”

Your health and well-being comes first and fore-most.

• 05-09-2007 8:54 AM In reply to

• Dave
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Brisbane, Australia
    • Posts 2,328
    • Bronze Member

9 LEE:

The news section can be alot more prominent, with some creative web design. Go to a news website and you'll see what i am talking about.

“Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of intelligent effort.”

Your health and well-being comes first and fore-most.

• 05-09-2007 6:35 PM In reply to

• 9 LEE
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Moderator - UK
    • Posts 5,223
    • Founder

Well, a company has to advertise their logo somewhere i suppose!  It's like objecting to three stripes up the side of your Adidas trainers!!

As i mentioned, Vaja are very happy to be associated with BeoWorld, and will be (very generously) sending us some products for the prize draw - so we can have a good look at them then! Big Smile

Lee

• 05-09-2007 10:35 PM In reply to

I just wish Vaja would make a cover for the Serene. there is a real need for some sort of protection as the Serene scratches really easily with that rubberized coating.Come on Vaja what about it?paddy2042

Patrick

• 05-10-2007 4:52 AM In reply to

• 9 LEE
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Moderator - UK
    • Posts 5,223
    • Founder

Would a leather case put extra strain on the flip motor?  Just a thought..

Lee 

• 05-10-2007 5:46 AM In reply to

mbee:

It's a mystery. You actually have to leave the forum, and go to www.beoworld.org to find the News. 

• 05-10-2007 9:07 AM In reply to

I would agree with you Lee. Anyway, what's the point in having a Serene if you can't see it? That's the view I've taken with my BS2 recently. I've had it in a case for 2 years and have no idea why I've been hiding him away for so long.

• 05-10-2007 9:16 AM In reply to

It seems to me that the cases cover up the beauty of B&O products - some of which can be considered to be pieces of modern art.
  • 05-10-2007 9:20 AM In reply to

beodude:
    It seems to me that the cases cover up the beauty of B&O products - some of which can be considered to be pieces of modern art.

You got it!

• 05-10-2007 10:35 AM In reply to

• Tom
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Luxembourg
    • Posts 3,175
    • Bronze Member

Henry:

beodude:

You got it!

I understand you all, but don't you want to prevent if from being scratched?

Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life. - Berthold Auerbach

• 05-10-2007 10:40 AM In reply to

• Greg
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • London, UK
    • Posts 109
    • Bronze Member

paddy2042:
    I just wish Vaja would make a cover for the Serene. there is a real need for some sort of protection as the Serene scratches really easily with that rubberized coating.Come on Vaja what about it?paddy2042

Must admit I went through this thought process when I first got mine - I guess with the price of it I wanted to look after it. But I couldn't face either the look or the price tag of the LV case and I never found an alternative. So I've been using it about a year now, every day, without any kind of case and you know what? It's actually pretty resilient. I've yet to get it scratched or damaged at all, and of course I've been able to enjoy the look and feel of the Serene without having it covered up with a (relatively) ugly or boring case. 
  • 05-10-2007 11:16 AM In reply to

tom:
    Henry:

beodude:

You got it!

I understand you all, but don't you want to prevent if from being scratched?

Yes Tom, but as long as you don't muddle up your cell phone with keys and coins, then there shouldn't be any reason for any scratches in your pocket. I agree incase it gets dropped, but both the BS2 and Serene are pretty robust.

Page 1 of 2 (30 items) 1 2 Next >