in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 05-09-2007 8:26 AM by Dave. 18 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (19 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-07-2007 10:40 AM

• Beo
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Posts 108
    • Bronze Member

I wanna buy these B&O, please tell me if they are "Made in Denmark"?

I wanna buy beosound 1, beocom 4 and beocom 1401.

please ... thanks a lot.
  • 05-07-2007 10:56 AM In reply to

Re: I wanna buy these B&O, please tell me if they are "Made in Denmark"?

I have BS1 and BeoCom 4.

BS1 is suprisingly powerful if you haven't already heard it. It can easily fill a modest sized room at a pleasant volume. Ours works perfectly in the kitchen / conservatory, however we also use it as a portable speaker throughout the house when necessary. The CD compartment is fantastic and the hidden display is just as good. It's by no means new now, but still looks as if it was released yesterday! I'm not sure whether the new ones have DAB radio on them, but I'm pretty sure they do.

Definitely worth the money in my opinion, or could even find a perfectly fine second hand one from Lifestyle-AV.co.uk

Some people don't like the BeoCom 4, but as cordless phones go, I think it does its job just fine. The functions and connectivity aren't as good as the BeoCom 6000s, but for a phone book and calling around the house it's perfect. The design is also very simple and the flashing red LED while on the phone is just another lovely B&O finish.

• 05-07-2007 11:04 AM In reply to

• Beo
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Posts 108
    • Bronze Member

except connectivity with other phones, may i ask what are the differences between beocom 4 and other phones?
  • 05-07-2007 11:05 AM In reply to

As far as I am aware, I think all the products you list are made in Denmark. The BS1 is FM only but the newer ones have a Timer. I would second Henry's thoughts - the Beocom 6000 is the best phone made by B&O, although the 4 is very nice to hold.
  • 05-07-2007 11:07 AM In reply to

Not a lot! But the big benefit of the 6000 is the ability to share phone books with other 6000s and beocom 2s and even the Serene mobile phone. There is also an intercom facility on the 6000 which is not on the 4.
  • 05-07-2007 11:34 AM In reply to

• Beo
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Posts 108
    • Bronze Member

thanks... 

all people say B&O phone has very good voice quality, actually what's the difference between B&O and other phones? can you give a clear description on this?
  • 05-07-2007 11:49 AM In reply to

I do have a Philips DECT phone as well and the B&O one just sounds more natural. People I speak to on the phone also seem to hear me more clearly - or so they say! I think it is just down to more expensive components like the loudspeaker.
  • 05-07-2007 11:49 AM In reply to

And to be fair, they should sound better as the phones are not cheap!
  • 05-07-2007 11:59 AM In reply to

• Dave
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Brisbane, Australia
    • Posts 2,328
    • Bronze Member

I own both of these phones, and the beocom 1401 is borderline crap. But i am putting up with it's out dated design and cheap feel, because it is the only corded B&O option at the moment and we only use it for the bedside it rarely gets used. It has a nice ringer though.

Beocom 4 on the other hand, is really, REALLY good.... except for the ringer which sounds to me like an old game boy. It's AWFUL.

Having both, they compliment each other, the 1401's ringer drowns out the 4, and the 4 stunns with it's outstanding quality feel, and design.

Does anybody else share a similar view?

“Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of intelligent effort.”

Your health and well-being comes first and fore-most.

• 05-07-2007 12:01 PM In reply to

• Beo
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Posts 108
    • Bronze Member

but am i ask .... is beocom 4 fixed very well on the charger? I feel it is a little bit dangerous of falling down?

also... comparing beocom 1 and beocom 4, if i really don't care the connectivity and phone book transfer matters, how should I decide between these 2?
  • 05-07-2007 12:52 PM In reply to

Where are you based? The Beocom 1 is a different product as it accepts two incoming lines which you may want. It is really a US product.
  • 05-07-2007 12:53 PM In reply to

If it is any help, the user manuals are all on site for silver and gold members to download.
  • 05-07-2007 2:06 PM In reply to

• ChrDH
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Denmark
    • Posts 493
    • Founder

I think the Beocom 1401 is lovely, I got two. Nice and light weight (good for long conversations), and the sound quality is briliant (better than beocom 6000, but then it would be as the beocom1401 is wired). If you can live without the display, the beocom 1401 is IMO a very nice phone for everyday use. I got it with the table stand, and although the feets underneath can be irritating, it looks stunning.

You could consider a used beocom 1600 or 2500, they are cheap as chips (£50 in Denmark (dba.dk)).

Best regards

Chr.

Beosound Ouverture, Beocenter 9000, Beovision MX6000, Beocord VX7000
  • 05-07-2007 2:43 PM In reply to

• TWG
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Germany
    • Posts 950
    • Gold Member

---------------------------------------------------------------
    all people say B&O phone has very good voice quality, actually what's the difference between B&O and other phones? can you give a clear description on this?

---------------------------------------------------------------

After using a Beocom 4 for nearly 4 years I must say:
    Voice quality is realy good, I always have to use the lowest Volume setting (and it's just wonderful to adjust volume with the wheel!). But what counts, too:
    I realy dislike actuall modern DECT-phones because of their very cheap feeling and build quality compared to the lovely Beocom 4 - which you even don't notice as a phone in the living room. Just nice!

Technology is not up 2 date because you can't use more mobile handsets on one base station, but that's ok.

Beosound 1 sounds enormous for its size!

• 05-07-2007 2:43 PM In reply to

I use a 2500 at work and agree that it is very good.
  • 05-07-2007 2:58 PM In reply to

philipsmz333:
    I own both of these phones, and the beocom 1401 is borderline crap. But i am putting up with it's out dated design and cheap feel, because it is the only corded B&O option at the moment and we only use it for the bedside it rarely gets used. It has a nice ringer though.

Beocom 4 on the other hand, is really, REALLY good.... except for the ringer which sounds to me like an old game boy. It's AWFUL.

Having both, they compliment each other, the 1401's ringer drowns out the 4, and the 4 stunns with it's outstanding quality feel, and design.

I agree with you philipsmz333, however you do know you can changer the ringer on your BeoCom 4? I keep mine on the most standard ringer possible, because otherwise you're right they sound like GameBoys!

@ beo: no the BeoCom 4 stands on its stand very well. There's a little spike on the base of the stand which holds it in place quite well. Our ones are in the sky blue colour - a unique and cool phone!

@ Peter: do B&O not offer DAB on their new BS1s at the moment? That's not very good. I personally don't use radio, but I know that many people do, including quite a few Beoworlders on the old forums I remember!

• 05-07-2007 5:00 PM In reply to

Henry:

@ Peter: do B&O not offer DAB on their new BS1s at the moment? That's not very good. I personally don't use radio, but I know that many people do, including quite a few Beoworlders on the old forums I remember!

Just the BC2 and BS4 have DAB as far as I am aware. I was very surprised the BS3 didn't when it was released. However, do remember that the UK is the market where DAB seems most successful. 

• 05-09-2007 8:26 AM In reply to

• Dave
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Brisbane, Australia
    • Posts 2,328
    • Bronze Member

Henry:
    philipsmz333:

I agree with you philipsmz333, however you do know you can changer the ringer on your BeoCom 4? I keep mine on the most standard ringer possible, because otherwise you're right they sound like GameBoys!

@ beo: no the BeoCom 4 stands on its stand very well. There's a little spike on the base of the stand which holds it in place quite well. Our ones are in the sky blue colour - a unique and cool phone!

Yes, i know you can change them. All eight settings sound like a sh*#ty pac man game!

My cat always knocks it off on to the floor - with his tail! Keep it out of the way, and it's fine, but as i said it WILL fall if it's knoked at all from the side.

Mine is blue too, and it's the only blue thing in our house, it works quite well (it stands out beautifully). :)

“Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of intelligent effort.”

Your health and well-being comes first and fore-most.

Page 1 of 1 (19 items)