in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 05-18-2008 4:48 AM by PhilLondon. 8 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-13-2008 5:02 PM

• petz
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 09-30-2007
    • Posts 47
    • Bronze Member

Beo5 and Jung Light & store control

Hello,

I will have a Jung light & store control. As I will have a remote from Jung, I was thinking at using a Beo5 to control those as well. Will this be possible? My dealer can't tell me.

As Beo is supposed to be a universal remote, it should work.

Thanks

Patrizio

• 05-13-2008 5:42 PM In reply to

Re: Beo5 and Jung Light & store control

Beo5 is not a universal remote...
  • 05-14-2008 4:16 AM In reply to

• Alex
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Bath & Cardiff, UK
    • Posts 2,990
    • Bronze Member

Possible once the Beo5 can learn commands - which I believe the software is ready to do it, but it's not functioning properly yet.

Weekly top artists:                   

• 05-14-2008 5:37 AM In reply to

Alex:

Possible once the Beo5 can learn commands - which I believe the software is ready to do it, but it's not functioning properly yet.

I hope this really comes in near future, or B&O will not that we shall decide our own 3:de party products???? 

• 05-14-2008 5:58 AM In reply to

• Alex
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Bath & Cardiff, UK
    • Posts 2,990
    • Bronze Member

It's there and ready to go in the Beo5 config tool, but it's not currently working properly, or so I believe. From what I know, you will dock the Beo5 to your computer, open up the config tool, put it in the right 'capture mode', and point the 3rd party controller at the Beo5 to learn the commands. I haven't seen it working yet though, so this may be incorrect.

Weekly top artists:                   

• 05-15-2008 5:43 PM In reply to

• petz
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 09-30-2007
    • Posts 47
    • Bronze Member

Thanks to you all. If it won't work, I'll use a separate remote for light and stores.Not dramatic.
  • 05-17-2008 12:26 PM In reply to

Alex:

It's there and ready to go in the Beo5 config tool, but it's not currently working properly, or so I believe. From what I know, you will dock the Beo5 to your computer, open up the config tool, put it in the right 'capture mode', and point the 3rd party controller at the Beo5 to learn the commands. I haven't seen it working yet though, so this may be incorrect.

The specs of the Beo5 do not mention it has a IR receiver... am I wrong?

• 05-18-2008 3:34 AM In reply to

The Beo5 will in the future support 3rd party products, but is not a learning remote.

Below you will see two (2) of the three (3) IR transmitters noted, but no receivers. It supports Beo4 IR protocol, Beo5 IR protocol, RC5, Bitstream, NEC and Raw

The current version of the Beo5 Configuration Tool has an area to read 3rd party XML files, but none currently exist as below

wtlc2zpx:
    Alex:

The specs of the Beo5 do not mention it has a IR receiver... am I wrong?

Regards Keith....

• 05-18-2008 4:48 AM In reply to

I wonder what is the Beo5 IR protocol... I don't think any product uses it yet... maybe the Beosound/Beomaster5...
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)