in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 05-10-2007 3:16 AM by meandmyshadow. 7 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-07-2007 9:18 AM

• villarsch
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-21-2007
    • Frinton-on-Sea, Great Britain
    • Posts 37
    • Founder

BV 7-40 (with HD update) and Sky HD

My apologises if this item has already been covered, but after having trouble with the Sky HD box I have been told by Sky Technical that I should not have a Scart connection between the Sky HD box and the TV.  When, however, I disconnected the Scart, the TV had no sound on Sky.  When I reported this to Sky, they said that the Scart was in conflict with the HD lead, and that I should disconnect the HD lead and get Sky HD via the Scart.

Has anyone else heard of this and, if so, can and does the Scart carry the HD to the TV? 

If it doesn't work, how does one get a non-Scart HD lead to work?  Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

• 05-07-2007 12:00 PM In reply to

Re: BV 7-40 (with HD update) and Sky HD

Hi. Scart does not carry a HD signal. You need to use component cable (three leads, red, green, blue) and run the sound separately. Should be a digital sound output on the HD box that you can connect to the BV7.

/Claes 

Happy owner of: BV10, 2 x Beocom 2, Beocom 6000, Beocenter 2, Beolab 3, Beolab 2000, Beo4, Beolab 11

1:st prize winner Beoworld January Price Draw.

• 05-07-2007 1:11 PM In reply to

• villarsch
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-21-2007
    • Posts 37
    • Founder

Many thanks for your advice.  I will contact my dealer (who is usually very helpful) and see if he can do as you suggest.
  • 05-08-2007 7:51 AM In reply to

• mondit
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 05-08-2007
    • Posts 6
    • Bronze Member

Or you can get DVI - HDMI cable and run you HD picture through that, and then also keep the SCART connected for sound. That's the set-up that I have.
  • 05-08-2007 8:45 AM In reply to

villarsch:

My apologises if this item has already been covered, but after having trouble with the Sky HD box I have been told by Sky Technical that I should not have a Scart connection between the Sky HD box and the TV.  When, however, I disconnected the Scart, the TV had no sound on Sky.  When I reported this to Sky, they said that the Scart was in conflict with the HD lead, and that I should disconnect the HD lead and get Sky HD via the Scart.

Has anyone else heard of this and, if so, can and does the Scart carry the HD to the TV? 

If it doesn't work, how does one get a non-Scart HD lead to work?  Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

As usuall Sky are giving you all the wrong advice.  You have a few options of how to set up your system, but in all cases the scart needs to be connected otherwise you STB controller will turn you box off fromm time to time.

Scart only - not really a good option because as already posted above, it will not deliver a HD image.

HDMI - DVI + scart - because the Beovision 7 uses DVI the audio is carried through the scart.

HDMI-DVI + scart + digital audio cable - probably the best option, digital video and audio but the scart must still be connected.

YbPbPr + scart - again ther is no audio via th YbPbPr so the audio is through the scart.

YbPbPr + scart + digital audio cable - another very good way of doing it but picture not quite as good as HDMI on bigger screens.

• 05-09-2007 11:18 AM In reply to

• villarsch
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-21-2007
    • Posts 37
    • Founder

I've just got home and read your helpful repy.  Obviously I would prefer to use the digital audio cable set-up in conjubctio with the Scart and HDMI-DVI connections.  Do you know if there is a connection in the Sky HD box for a digital audio cable, with a corresponding imput in the back of the BV7?

I have conntacted my local B&O dealer but he was not very knowlagable about this.

Again, many thanks for your help

• 05-09-2007 12:14 PM In reply to

The SKY HD box must have a digital audio output. That is the only way to get surround sound from the box.

The BV7 has digital sound input. 

Happy owner of: BV10, 2 x Beocom 2, Beocom 6000, Beocenter 2, Beolab 3, Beolab 2000, Beo4, Beolab 11

1:st prize winner Beoworld January Price Draw.

• 05-10-2007 3:16 AM In reply to

villarsch:
    I've just got home and read your helpful repy.  Obviously I would prefer to use the digital audio cable set-up in conjubctio with the Scart and HDMI-DVI connections.  Do you know if there is a connection in the Sky HD box for a digital audio cable, with a corresponding imput in the back of the BV7?I have conntacted my local B&O dealer but he was not very knowlagable about this.Again, many thanks for your help
    The Sky box has an optical digital output, the BV7 has a coaxial digital input.  Here is what you need to buy: an optical to coaxial digital converter, apropriate length toslink cable and digital coaxial cable.  You should be able to get the lot from Maplins.  then just make the apropriate settings in the BV7 menu, hopefully your dealer will be able to help you with that.
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)