in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 06-02-2008 11:09 PM by TWG. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-09-2008 8:27 PM

Beosund 6 and Beosound 2 for mac user

I hate my ipod. i really hate it, and I'm on the lookout for a change. I've tried a Sony, and iAudio F2 and they both crashed on me. Are there any Mac owners with either the 2 or the 6. If so, do they work o.k.?
  • 05-12-2008 10:10 AM In reply to

• Stan
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Posts 593
    • Gold Member

Re: Beosund 6 and Beosound 2 for mac user

I've been using my Beosound 2 with a Mac for about 5 years, and still enjoy it very much.  Sounds great.  Robust.  You don't see the entire population using one.  I've never had any problems living without a display.  I have multiple SD cards (I just bought a 1GB card for ~$10 last night) with different genres of music, and I'm not a listener that *needs* to search for a specific song.  I only add songs that I like so maybe I skip ahead from time to time, and it works great.  I'm happy.

All is not peaches and cream: 

-The Beosound 2/iTunes integration is painful .  There is an iTunes plug-in that sometimes works (depending on the version of iTunes) and is rather difficult even when it does work.  However, with the latest Bs2 software, you can do direct file system copies (either to the Bs2 or to the SD card in a card reader) and leave iTunes out of the picture and this works much better.

-If you've been using an iPod exclusively, chances are you music is in a format the Bs2 doesnt' support.   Bs2 only does mp3 and wma, not any of the Apple formats.

I don't know much about the Bs6.

I guess it might be helpful to understand what you hate about the iPod...

Stan

• 05-15-2008 4:35 PM In reply to

Thanks for that Stan.
  • 06-02-2008 11:09 PM In reply to

• TWG
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Germany
    • Posts 950
    • Gold Member

Hi, do yourself a favor and go for a Sony NWZ-A81x or newer series (NWZ-A82x ??).

They are the first Walkman from Sony that don't need special software and they do work on a mac without any problems. Just move your music via Finder and it works.

Nice design, good, solid construction and REALY good sound! Better than that Samsung/Beosound 6.

Beosound 2 has good sound, too but no display.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)