in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 05-09-2008 8:41 AM by TheMajor. 8 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-09-2008 12:26 AM

Bang & Olufsen Japanese prices

What is going on with B&O in Japan. There prices are amazingly high compared to others (but we all already know that), but in Japan the prices just keep going up.  For example, I bought my beosound 1 11months ago for 183,000yen now it is 220,000yen (about 200 pounds). I bought my beolab 4000s and the price just jumped 100 hundred pound. I was going to buy beolab 6000s but the price has jumped 250quid.

I guess we all know this but the shocker for me was an e-mail I just received from my dealer telling me that the BV8 (32 only) is now for sale in Japan. I can believe the price, 577,000yen that is 2,850 pound.  In Japan that is mountain of money for a TV, you can buy a 70inch 1080p (120hertz) sharp screen for that and still have enough money for a stand (and you will have a remote).

I hope this trend isn't a worldwide thing, is this happening in your country too? How they are keeping customers I don't know, but I guess B&O is aimed at people with too much money. Sorry rant over!

Beosystem 7000/6500- Beolab 4000 - Beosound 1 - A8 - Earset 3 - Beo4

• 05-09-2008 12:54 AM In reply to

Re: Bang & Olufsen Japanese prices

I think in part it has to do with the Yen currency exchange rate. It has been strengthening significantly over the last 12 months.

I remember purchasing a brand new pair of BL5's in Singapore (mid 2004). Cost me SGD26000 which at the time was equaivalent to GBP8300 and quite a bargain. Today and assuming no retailers price hike in the claculation, the same would cost me GBP9800.

Now of course, there will be inflationary price hikes and what the dealer thinks he can get away with. So i'm not surprised.

I just wish the world would sell Pound Sterling instead of buying it.....(and buy US Dollars instead)

10%

• 05-09-2008 3:35 AM In reply to

Unfortunately, the UK pound against most currencies except the US dollar can make you feel depressed..

Regards Keith....

• 05-09-2008 4:17 AM In reply to

• Daniel
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Svinarp, Sweden
    • Posts 1,284
    • Founder

Keith Saunders:
    Unfortunately, the UK pound against most currencies except the US dollar can make you feel depressed..

It don't depress me, going to London in two weeks for a weekend. Smile

Beovision LX5500, BeoCord V6000, BeoSound 9000, BeoLab 8000, BeoLab 3500, BeoLab 2000, BeoVox1, BeoCom 6000, Form1, LightControl 1

• 05-09-2008 4:42 AM In reply to

Daniel,

Have a good trip to London with your extra spending power, I have just returned from 5 days in Milan where my hotel bill was £500 more than it would have been 9 months ago. For most Europeans, London has become cheaper, well a bit cheaper !!!

Regards Keith....

• 05-09-2008 7:50 AM In reply to

Keith Saunders:

Daniel,

Have a good trip to London with your extra spending power, I have just returned from 5 days in Milan where my hotel bill was £500 more than it would have been 9 months ago. For most Europeans, London has become cheaper, well a bit cheaper !!!

What's the saying ? if you can't beat them : join them? ! when is mr. Brown going to introduce the euro in GBP country ? then you will have the same benefits we have when visiting London : low[er] hotel- and dinnerbills during holidays............Big Smile...I really like London nowadays esp. since I replaced my big SUV for a more enviroment friendly vehicle...........Whistle

Leon: Beoworld's First "First Prize" winner. "Carpe Diem et Dolce Far Niente"
  • 05-09-2008 7:56 AM In reply to

Gordon Brown will never take Britain into the Euro, so, given there will be another two years before the next election and assuming the next UK Prime Minister wants to take us into the Euro, I suggest the very earlest date would be 4 years from now.. maybe..

Regards Keith....

• 05-09-2008 8:09 AM In reply to

Perhaps the Torries will change all that ? London started allready did'nt they ? So fortunately for us europians we can visit great-brittain for a penny and find bargains as well ? lucky us.................Smile but 10 years ago it was the other way around, was'nt it?...........Hmm
    Leon: Beoworld's First "First Prize" winner. "Carpe Diem et Dolce Far Niente"
  • 05-09-2008 8:41 AM In reply to

Mr10Percent:

I think in part it has to do with the Yen currency exchange rate. It has been strengthening significantly over the last 12 months.

The thing is the Yen is the same now as it was about 3 years ago and the yen is coming off a high and the price has long since stabilized. Tax is low here (VAT is 5%). I can see logical reason other than they are getting more and more greedy.

The BV7 is 1,000,000 here for the TV alone that is 5000(UK). My dealer says they have sold 4 since it was released. I really hope that B&O sort out this problem. The new price list is out next month and my dealer told me that the beosound 1 is going up to 240,000yen. Another 100(UK). 

Beosystem 7000/6500- Beolab 4000 - Beosound 1 - A8 - Earset 3 - Beo4

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)