in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 05-08-2008 4:44 PM by mason. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-08-2008 5:13 AM

Perfect reason to buy a BV8!

Everybody on the forum seemed to think it is not a good idea to buy a 7-32 at this point (too expensive, needs/will at some point get an upgrade and so forth). Therefore, no 7-32.

My personal guess is that price for BV8-40 (when/if launched) will be about the same as price for 8-32 is now. We've seen this happening with BV6. Thus, it can happen...

Even so, I ordered a white BV8-32 yesterday. Why?

Please, take a look at ANY flat screen TV of the past years. They ALL look hopelessly outdated, as a matter of fact much more so than many CRT's already now - except Beovisions. This alone suggests B&O and Mr Lewis are doing something right.

Soundproof (who is critical with the picture quality and who has a Kuro as well), Mason (who replaced a MX, just like me and who is a designer) and JK (who tried to use a Mac as a TV, just like me and does not like a TV to dominate a room, just like me either) all testify good things about it. 

I love the design. The picture is good enough. Sound is good enough. 

Cause it seems it will take a year or more to get a hybrid tuner (C and T and HD) inside the Beovision. Loewe has had it for a year or so already, but I want a BV instead. 

If it turns out to be a poor decision (ie. if there appears some new, even better BV for my purposes), my dealer will swap it to a new TV (does not even need to be a BV, they sell Loewe and Pioneer as well) and the financial damage is not that big as it would be if I get a more expensive BV. Or I can use it as a link-room TV, since it is not too big an object.

Because I want a new, beautiful TV, one which integrates with my BS4 and BL3, Apple TV (BTW, does it integrate with Mac mini?)

Thanks for help, everybody! 

Ah, and I need to get this out of my system: I've never liked the Avant - simply too big and bulky, be it however good. There, I've said it.

• 05-08-2008 5:40 AM In reply to

Re: Perfect reason to buy a BV8!

I know what you mean in your description, but I thought I would just make certain: I find the image quality on the BV8 to be very good. I get an RGB signal from my STB, and that resolves excellently; and the HDMI input from the AppleTV is likewise shown very well.
    The speaker bar creates an interesting illusion at times - you get the impression that the sound comes from behind and outside the television - in other words a much wider soundstage than you'd think that narrow a speaker bar can create.

Strangely, after having ordered a BV8-32 originally, I decided that the 26" version was large enough for the room I wanted to use it in, and I opted for that instead. I'm very happy with mine - and particularly with how well it integrates with my Beosystem 6500 and BeoSound 2000. The three comprise a nice little audio-video unit in my apartment.

• 05-08-2008 7:20 AM In reply to

• beobeo
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Spain
    • Posts 953
    • Founder

I think the BV8 is a lovely set. I've got mine for some months now and are very satisfied with it. No complaints whatsoever, no need for full HD at those sizes (mine is 26" but even at 32" is not necessary), great design, materials, etc.

Good choice in my opinion.

Gustavo

• 05-08-2008 7:26 AM In reply to

• Daniel
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Svinarp, Sweden
    • Posts 1,284
    • Founder

sinuhe:

I've never liked the Avant - simply too big and bulky, be it however good. There, I've said it.

Agree! Yes -  thumbs up

Beovision LX5500, BeoCord V6000, BeoSound 9000, BeoLab 8000, BeoLab 3500, BeoLab 2000, BeoVox1, BeoCom 6000, Form1, LightControl 1

• 05-08-2008 9:02 AM In reply to

Oh you guys are just pushing it, aren't you : )

As for the BV8, I have to say it has grown on me ( still hate the black stand, though ), but I still much prefer the look of BeoCenter 6. And if it was my money, I would probably either wait until I had enough for a new one, or buy a used one. Which I'm planing on doing in the near future actually.

• 05-08-2008 2:27 PM In reply to

I have the BV8 26 for a smaller room and find it to be an excellant tv, though I have seen this side by side with the bigger 32 in a showroom, and had the impression that the picture was marginally better on the bigger screen - maybe a slightly better panel?

• 05-08-2008 4:44 PM In reply to

• mason
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-08-2008
    • Posts 53
    • Bronze Member

You won't regret it – even if you upgrade at a later date you can put it in your bedroom.I think it's a great TV. The design is fantastic – classic B&O thinking – unconventional but not detrimental to function. Enjoy! – Mason
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)