in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 05-07-2008 9:43 AM by Stan. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-06-2008 6:11 PM

Using a Beoport as a Beolink Active

Hi there

are there any caveats to using a Beoport as an Beolink active apart from the fact that the computer will have to be fairly close, as I see this as killing two bird with one stone

Let me know what you think

Simon

• 05-06-2008 8:30 PM In reply to

• Stan
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Posts 593
    • Gold Member

Re: Using a Beoport as a Beolink Active

2 caveats that I can think of:

1)  The computer must be connected to the BeoPort for music to play

2)  If you're using a Mac, you can only hear N.Music, not other sources.

Stan

• 05-07-2008 2:15 AM In reply to

Stan

Arde you saying that I can only play N-Music thru the beoport active speakers & not the rest of the systems sources connected to either  to the Audio or video master?

I was under the impression that the Beoport acted like a link room in that you did have access to masterlink sources.

Simon

• 05-07-2008 3:05 AM In reply to

• PAJ
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-19-2007
    • Posts 49
    • Founder

Hi, the audio-out connection on the beoport (covered with a small black sticker) outputs whatever source is on the link. 

--Phil

• 05-07-2008 9:43 AM In reply to

• Stan
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Posts 593
    • Gold Member

beolife:

Stan

Arde you saying that I can only play N-Music thru the beoport active speakers & not the rest of the systems sources connected to either  to the Audio or video master?

I was under the impression that the Beoport acted like a link room in that you did have access to masterlink sources.

Simon

I believe this is so with the Mac/BM-Link solution.  I know I ended up buying an Active to go along with my BeoPort, but this could be because I could not dedicate my computer to this.  I don't have it setup right now to test, but I do recall there being some limitation - that BM-Link was primarily designed to allow a Mac to push music into the Beo world, not necessarily to do everything B&O software can do.  Hopefully, somebody can correct me if I'm wrong. 

Stan 

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)