in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 05-01-2008 3:23 PM by magnushj. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-01-2008 2:28 PM

Penta cosmetics

Just got a pair of slightly old and tired Pentas. Quite apart from any electrical work that may turn out to be needed, I'm wondering about the cosmetics:

1. What's the best way to clean/polish/restore the somewhat dirty and tarnished metalwork?

2. Any advice on cleaning/restoring the speaker covers? Are replacements readily available?

3. Inevitably, one of the display covers is cracked. Are replacements available?

Thanks!

Mike

• 05-01-2008 3:10 PM In reply to

• Medogsfat
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 02-21-2007
    • *Moderator* Leeds, Yorkshire
    • Posts 4,045
    • Founder

Re: Penta cosmetics

1. A good detergent should do the job nicely (mine were so bad I actually used Silver Duraglit and it did the job without any problems). They are stainless steel so there are no surface coating issues to worry about. Don't use anything abrasive such as a scouring cream and finish off with a wipe over with baby oil.

2. Speaker covers are still abailable from B&O but they aren't cheap. I reclothed mine but it is not a job for the feint hearted, the corners are quite difficult to get right on the top grills and you need to find the thinnest cloth available or they won't clip back on properly.

3. No idea if these are still available from B&O but other parts are such as drivers, panels etc...... worth asking.

Chris.

The use of metaphors should be avoided like the plague. They're like a red rag to a bull to me.

• 05-01-2008 3:23 PM In reply to

• magnushj
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-16-2007
    • Trondheim, Norway
    • Posts 139
    • Silver Member

Re: Penta cosmetics

When I bought mine the seller told me he had had some of the panels replaced three years ago.
    Beocenter 9500+Beolab Penta mk2+Avant+MX7000+Beosound Ouverture+1xBeolab 6000 :)
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)