in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 05-01-2008 2:55 PM by Alex. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 04-30-2008 5:10 PM

New 7-32? Digital tuner for BV7/8?

Hi,

ANY information regarding MkIV BV7? Any info/rumors regarding digital tuner (t or preferably cable) for BV8 or cable tuner for the BV7? 

Have to buy a new TV in the next few months... 

• 05-01-2008 12:27 AM In reply to

Re: New 7-32? Digital tuner for BV7/8?

I'm also waiting for B&O to upgrade their BV7-32, because for the moment all the improvements have gone into the 40' version, and nothing in the 32', that still has no HDMI inputs, offers a panel with lower specs than BV8-32, seems to still have the digital input issue (only stereo, not surround sound), no motorized tilt function, it almost looks like the poor man's BeoVision, which it should not be, given the price B&O asks for it..Until then, I'll keep my BV3-32Smile

Reunion Island is greeting you!

• 05-01-2008 6:21 AM In reply to

Digital input issue?
  • 05-01-2008 7:46 AM In reply to

Chrisreunion:
    I'm also waiting for B&O to upgrade their BV7-32, because for the moment all the improvements have gone into the 40' version, and nothing in the 32', that still has no HDMI inputs, offers a panel with lower specs than BV8-32, seems to still have the digital input issue (only stereo, not surround sound), no motorized tilt function, it almost looks like the poor man's BeoVision, which it should not be, given the price B&O asks for it..Until then, I'll keep my BV3-32Smile

Thanks Chrisreunion. I posted yesterday looking for some feedback on BV7-32 and this seems to be pointing to them not being that good. But then, judging by the comments on Beoworld, all B&O TVs seem to have performance or connectivity issues.

Or is this just a very demanding group?

• 05-01-2008 7:53 AM In reply to

Very demanding group I guess. The connectivity issue though is there if you want Wii, Playstation, Media PC, Blueray it can get quite tricky to connect all this.

In the end it comes down to price. I would not buy it new but with a heft discount. When you check the prices of BV5s right now, that gives you a good feeling how much a TV can fall in value and how much one should pay for a B7 32.

Cheers

JK 

BS9000, BS2300, BC2, BL2500, BL3, Bl2, BS1, BV8, BC4, A8

• 05-01-2008 2:55 PM In reply to

• Alex
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Bath & Cardiff, UK
    • Posts 2,990
    • Bronze Member

Hardwriter:

Chrisreunion:

Thanks Chrisreunion. I posted yesterday looking for some feedback on BV7-32 and this seems to be pointing to them not being that good. But then, judging by the comments on Beoworld, all B&O TVs seem to have performance or connectivity issues.

Or is this just a very demanding group?

Certainly not! The BeoSystem 3 driven systems (incl. the 7-40) certainly provide the best picture performance I've seen, and it has more HD/misc connections than an entire Sony store.

Weekly top artists:                   

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)