in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 05-03-2008 4:20 PM by Daniel. 8 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 04-26-2008 7:18 PM

• Stan
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Posts 593
    • Gold Member

Masterlink junction boxes?

Do any of you North American dealers that hang out here have any small ML junction boxes in stock?  I need 3, but my local dealer tells me they are on "nationwide backorder" and cannot tell me when they will get any.  After 2 weeks, I'm getting tired of waiting...

Stan

• 04-27-2008 3:02 AM In reply to

Re: Masterlink junction boxes?

Stan,

You are having a difficult time at present with finding bits and pieces what with the Beolab 3500 wall mounting as well.

B* make the junction boxes for B&O which you can see here so you may wish to get one from one of their resellers.

--
    *Link or reference to website with potentially fraudulent ownership removed*
    Martin
    Beoworld moderator
    --

Regards Keith....

• 04-27-2008 9:23 AM In reply to

• Stan
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Posts 593
    • Gold Member

Do you know if B*** has any US based retailers? My quick search on the net didn't turn up any.  I suppose I could reach across the pond, but was really hoping to source from NA dealer stock because of delivery time and shipping costs (maybe exchange rate, too).  Also, I would prefer the *small* junction boxes which it doesn't look like B*** has (at least they're not on their web site).

And yes, I am having a difficult time getting all my bits and pieces together...  And I thought the hard part would be running the electricity and ML cable Smile.

• 04-27-2008 12:06 PM In reply to

Stan,

As far as I am aware Bosscom does not have any US resellers, a business opportunity for someone.

However, I never use Masterlink junction boxes because they use the "telephone" type push connectors which tend to quite often provide poor connection because you do not strip the wire, it goes through the insulation as you push it home.

I tend to strip the outer cover of the wires back about 2" and twist and solder each wire to the next cable(s) covering the joint with heat shrink which provides a much more solid and reliable job.

Regards Keith....

• 04-28-2008 4:00 PM In reply to

• Stan
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Posts 593
    • Gold Member

I have never had any issues with the one B&O masterlink junction box that I installed a few years ago.  If only I could solder Smile... 

Here's a story about my inability to solder...  Fresh out of a presigious university with a degree in Computer Engineering and a couple classes short of a degree in EE, my first assignment was creating firmware for small bit of a very large 2-way radio system.  I needed to change one the "jumpers" on my board, and my boss said: "just solder it".  Well, I found a soldering iron and some solder... after ~20 minutes of fruitless frustrations, I tracked down a "tech" who did the job in ~30 seconds...  and then announced to the entire lab that "the new guy doesn't know how to solder!!!"   Laughs and chuckles all 'round.  Huge embarrassment for me.  Word spread beyond our lab, and I had a tough couple days.  I was a new breed... One of those "software guys"...  Then again, I suppose I had the last laugh (if you can call it that) because by the time I left this company (~10 yrs later), pretty much all soldering was being done in the Far East - and the "tech" who originally busted me was writing software, too.

Stan

• 04-30-2008 1:29 PM In reply to

Call the B&O Dallas-Highland Park location we have a ton in stock.

BV7-40 MKIV, BeoVision Avant 32, BeoVision 8-32, BeoLab Penta MKIII, BeoLab 6000 x 3, BeoSound 9000 MKIII, BeoLab 7-4, BeoSound 4000, BeoPort, BeoVox S45-2, ML/MCL Convertors, A8's & Form 2's. 

• 05-01-2008 2:12 PM In reply to

• Stan
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Posts 593
    • Gold Member

Thanks.  Mine, however, are supposed to come tomorrow.  Smile
  • 05-01-2008 3:55 PM In reply to

• Jandyt
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • Clitheroe, Lancashire, UK
    • Posts 13,004
    • Founder

BeoMegaMan:
    Call the B&O Dallas-Highland Park location we have a ton in stock.

Another dealer comes out!
    I wonder how many we have on here!

Poor me, never win owt!

• 05-03-2008 4:20 PM In reply to

• Daniel
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Svinarp, Sweden
    • Posts 1,284
    • Founder

BeoMegaMan:
    B&O Dallas Highland Park

Makes me think of watching a classic soap opera on my LX with a glass of single malt in my hand. Cool

Beovision LX5500, BeoCord V6000, BeoSound 9000, BeoLab 8000, BeoLab 3500, BeoLab 2000, BeoVox1, BeoCom 6000, Form1, LightControl 1

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)