in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 06-25-2008 12:10 AM by paddy2042. 11 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (12 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 04-26-2008 6:13 PM

Serene question..

Hi I bought a brand new serene mobile phone a week ago and to my horror I dropped it on the street accidentally.Fortunately the metal hinge doesn't have 1 scratch on it. Unfortunately the same can't be said for the soft plastic covers. This material is so soft that it really needs taken care of. There are scratches and dents on the cover which is removeable(pretects the battery). I called B&O here in athens and this is what they said....

The plastic cover which houses the battery and keyboard is easily replaceable. It only costs about 20 euros. Now to replace the plastic cover that protects the screen, the phone can only be sent to denmark for this to be done. This sounds very strange to me...The technician is not permitted to take apart any serene phone. All serene phones must be sent to denmark.... So for my serene to be like new again I can  either buy the one cover or have it sent to denmark. This sounds strange to me....Has anybody here ever changed the plastic covers on their serene?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks 

• 04-27-2008 3:23 AM In reply to

Re: Serene question..

Bad luck. I have not changed mine though to get the SIM card in you have to take it apart so it doesn't seem that tricky! However that is just one side and if the other is damaged it could be trickier. I'd send it away - it will return like new.
  • 04-27-2008 5:04 AM In reply to

i know but it seems strange that one side is easy to take apart but the other side isn't!

i have been so careful with the serene and yesterday i thought to myself: "maybe i should leave it home" and i didn't and look what happened. I'm not paying 300 euros for the "louis vuitton" leather pouch. i'd rather buy the earset 2.... 

• 04-27-2008 5:32 AM In reply to

• matheyl
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-18-2007
    • French Alps
    • Posts 228
    • Founder

Hi,

Serene is just a cellular phone, although beautiful.

Its fate is to be used, scratched, not left at home.

As for beautiful cars, or everything, in general, the first scratch is the most difficult to live with.......

That why I buy more and more pre-owned B&O stuff...

Sheers,

Laurent.

Avant 28 DVD, BC2, 2300, BL2500, 8000, to name a few...

• 04-27-2008 5:33 AM In reply to

Unfortunately your dealer is correct, the stores are not permitted to service Serene or Serenata, so sending it back to Denmark is the only choice.  As an alternative to the LV case have a look at http://www.pielframa.net/pielframa_productos.asp?id=1746. 
  • 04-27-2008 9:09 AM In reply to

I'm not sure if i agree. The serene is just too sensitive  for it to be  roughly handled. It needs to be in a case. I have tried  every mobile phone but the serene is the only mobile  phone that feels  so wonderful  just  by holding it in your hand. The material feels like velvet.  I am very very upset that I dropped the serene. Now about buying second hand items from b&o, there are some items that are worth buying first hand and some that are not.I guess it depends on what each person is willing to spend. The serene is not worth buying first hand from the b&o store i think. It's just a phone...but it is so beautiful. The Beosound 1 for instance(which i own) is worth buying first hand i think. Maybe it's the only b&o product  that  has a truly good price.  It's just fantastic. I wouldn't buy one second hand.

I actually bought the serene brand new sealed in original box off ebay for 375 pounds!!! WOW.

I'm still upset that I dropped it though. But I would be even more upset if i had paid 800 pounds for it!! 

The only thing i find strange about the serene is that there is no speaker. Weird. I actually like it more than the serenata. The serenata is hard to text messages with and there is no amazing motor for when it opens. The serene is a more luxurious phone i think.I would have like a radio on it. It's quite easy to text messages with. I thought it would be really hard but after a few days it's really easy.Truly a beautiful and unique phone. 

• 04-27-2008 10:17 AM In reply to

I agree - very tactile - but a bit fragile and the screen can mark. The Serenata is also very nice to hold but I would never use it as a music system.
  • 06-23-2008 8:19 AM In reply to

ANOTHER SERENE QUESTION NEED HELP....PLEASE

Hi,

my serene just shut off, the battery was fully charged it will not respond to  cutting back on or charging.. what happened?

vicki 

• 06-23-2008 9:53 AM In reply to

• Dave
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Brisbane, Australia
    • Posts 2,328
    • Bronze Member

Re: ANOTHER SERENE QUESTION NEED HELP....PLEASE

I found the opposite, that the soft finish is much more durable and resilient in the long run than other phones. The hinge scratches easily inevitably after having it for a while. and the screen scratches, but nothing serious, or out of the ordinary!

Who hasn't dropped their mobile at least once

“Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of intelligent effort.”

Your health and well-being comes first and fore-most.

• 06-24-2008 1:32 PM In reply to

• Bulgarien
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Denmark, Vest Sjaeland
    • Posts 201
    • Bronze Member

Thanks to meanshadow  for the link Smile

I have allredy ordre one case in black, becouse  on friday I get my  (used) Serene .

The second hand  price is in Denmark now  around 220-260 euro   I pay only 220 euro. Its a  2007 model still with full garanty.Party!!!

This leather case has been handmade by our experienced leather craftsmen in 1ª quality cow-skin , it hs passed strict quality controls in all their different elaborations process.

- Rotable and completely removable belt clip (the knob is also removable).
    - Soft Leather Lining.
    - ABS inserted protection.

TOTAL COST 70 euros,  including delevery

Handmade leather case in high quality to our B&O Serene mobile phone

http://www.pielframa.net/pielframa_productos.asp?id=1746.

• 06-24-2008 11:19 PM In reply to

Another Serene problem....I was retrieving email on my Serene recently on two occasions when the screen went blank. Without touching anything the screen comes back and the phone returns to normal condition, but my email account has been deleted and I must re-enter the information. Anybody else had this experience? 

Beovision 7-55 with Beolab 7-4, 9s and 4000s

Beovision 10-40 with Beolab 1s and 6000s

Beosound 1, 5, 2000, and 3000

Beotime, Beotalk, Beocoms

• 06-25-2008 12:10 AM In reply to

I bought a Serene and found it most unsatisfactory encountering many problems with the software etc. It also unnerved me taking it out as I travelled around. I was constantly preoccupied with it. I now have a cheaper phone and am far happier - I don't really care about scratches etc. which is as it should be for a mobile phone.

paddy2042 

Patrick

Page 1 of 1 (12 items)