in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 05-06-2007 7:01 PM by Peter. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-06-2007 7:33 AM

The manuals - the big one!

Clearly the manual you have all been waiting for! The Beogram 3000 Type 5211 service manual is now on site! Apart from to Martin, who kindly sent it to me some time ago, and to Frede who will already have it, I imagine it may not be of much interest as I confess it is a little esoteric! But it was the last of the ones I have personally that was not scanned! Some very kind person is about to supply me with some more and I have another set of rarities to stick on.

On a more serious note, the Beocenter 9500 service manual is scanned but is 32Mb and we hope will be loaded next week. My connection to the server goes out to lunch before it loads up!

• 05-06-2007 10:02 AM In reply to

Re: The manuals - the big one!

And a big thank you to Gerd who has let us have the service manual to the Century. Will also be on site today. Many thanks for this generosity to the site.
  • 05-06-2007 11:01 AM In reply to

• Craig
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-29-2007
    • Costa Del St Evenage
    • Posts 4,855
    • Founder

Peter I have sent you a list of Service Manuals by e-mail. Some of these were not on the CC.

CraigBig Smile 

For millions of years, mankind lived just like the animals. Then something happened which unleashed the power of our imagination. We learned to talk and we learned to listen..

• 05-06-2007 11:05 AM In reply to

Perhaps you could split the file into a smaller chunks; use winrar for instance or a similar sw.

HTH.

Pedro "Less is more"

BV7-40 MKII + BL7.2 + BL9 + BL3 + BS4 + BL4 + A9 + Earset 2 + 2 x Beo4 + BeoCom 5

• 05-06-2007 11:14 AM In reply to

pedrompinto:

Perhaps you could split the file into a smaller chunks; use winrar for instance or a similar sw.

HTH.

I could but then it will need downloading in chunks too. I do have Acrobat so it is possible but Firebrand do have the file and so can load it directly. If I don't get somewhere soon I will do that. Thanks for the suggestion. 

• 05-06-2007 2:19 PM In reply to

Peter,

I don't know exactly how are you scanning, but do you have an application that auto-converts to .pdf format or you're scanning each sheet at a time to image file format and then convert to .pdf ?

The best and fastest way is to have an application, like i said before; if so do set the quality of the pdf file and perhaps you can have a smaller file.

HTH.

Pedro "Less is more"

BV7-40 MKII + BL7.2 + BL9 + BL3 + BS4 + BL4 + A9 + Earset 2 + 2 x Beo4 + BeoCom 5

• 05-06-2007 7:01 PM In reply to

I scan from Acrobat and save to the lowest size that is sensible. Most files are fine but the 9500 has a huge number of big A3 circuit diagrams. I did not scan that one but have saved it to be as small as I can without rescanning.  As I said, it should be on site this next week.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)