in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 04-26-2008 5:11 PM by Alex. 15 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (16 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 04-25-2008 12:08 PM

Is the Century able to fill a large room?

I am thinking about a Century or a Beosound 1 , would either of these fill my living room, it is 12 meters by 6.5 meters.

I dont listen at loud levels.

Does the Century have better Stereo seperation than the Beosound 1?  What Watts do they have?

Thanks

Doomlordis Scottish B&O Fan , Father , Husband.
  • 04-25-2008 12:43 PM In reply to

Re: Is the Century able to fill a large room?

In my view, not adequately. For a room this big, I would suggest you need a better system. You need more bass to fill that size of room - an Ouverture with some speakers - the 4000s would be a minimum in my view.
  • 04-25-2008 1:34 PM In reply to

I agree with Peter here. Although BeoSound 1 is an excellent system, I would say it is not powerful enough to fill your size of room. An Ouverture + BeoLab 2500 combo or better would make a big difference in the warmth of the sound in my opinion. The Stereo will also be improved. What's your rough budget for this room, if I may ask?
  • 04-25-2008 1:43 PM In reply to

• Alex
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Bath & Cardiff, UK
    • Posts 2,990
    • Bronze Member

I'd agree with Peter and Henry - BeoLab 4000s are the minimum required. You may want to look at BeoLab 3s or 8000s as well.

Weekly top artists:                   

• 04-25-2008 1:46 PM In reply to

• Medogsfat
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 02-21-2007
    • *Moderator* Leeds, Yorkshire
    • Posts 4,045
    • Founder

Me too - get a system proper, the 2 mentioned are really only suitable for a smallish room such as a bedroom or for background music in say a conservatory. Of course if background music is all you require in your living room then I suppose either would be fine, I would go for the BS1 on looks alone.

Chris.

The use of metaphors should be avoided like the plague. They're like a red rag to a bull to me.

• 04-25-2008 2:42 PM In reply to

Oh well looks an overture or a 3200 , hope my wife agrees!!

• 04-25-2008 4:46 PM In reply to

• Medogsfat
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 02-21-2007
    • Posts 4,045
    • Founder

Buy her some shoes - problem solvedBig Smile

What speakers are you thinking of? I quite like the Beolab 4000's.

Chris.

The use of metaphors should be avoided like the plague. They're like a red rag to a bull to me.

• 04-26-2008 4:36 AM In reply to

I like the look of the Beolab 5000 wall hanging speakers, are they any good or just pure eye candy?
  • 04-26-2008 6:15 AM In reply to

• Medogsfat
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 02-21-2007
    • Posts 4,045
    • Founder

doomlordis:
    I like the look of the Beolab 5000 wall hanging speakers, are they any good or just pure eye candy?

Both!

Excellent speakers.

Chris.

• 04-26-2008 6:47 AM In reply to

doomlordis:

Looks better than the BL3 or BL4000 and sounds accourdingly !! very good that is ! I do like them and so does my wife [she's the one saying we'll never get rid of those speakers because she really,really loves them both looks as sound (even better than our BL4500's :-) although they are rather hard to find nowadays and pricy, but it will save you the money for a painting on the wall.............................Wink

Leon: Beoworld's First "First Prize" winner. "Carpe Diem et Dolce Far Niente"
  • 04-26-2008 7:18 AM In reply to

5000s are truly superb and at the moment, I prefer them over my 8000s with a lab2 Huh? !! not sure why! but they just sound great!

They have a great overall sound to them and when mounted on the right wall sound wonderful.

Highly recommended and sought after.. there is a pair on ebay UK at the moment.

• 04-26-2008 7:31 AM In reply to

mobeyone:

5000s are truly superb and at the moment, I prefer them over my 8000s with a lab2 Huh? !! not sure why! but they just sound great!

They have a great overall sound to them and when mounted on the right wall sound wonderful.

Highly recommended and sought after.. there is a pair on ebay UK at the moment.

I have to agree with you : I use them as rear speakers on a concrete wall [they sound much better on a concrete wall then on a hollow or thin wall ; so much more and smooth bass]

Leon: Beoworld's First "First Prize" winner. "Carpe Diem et Dolce Far Niente"
  • 04-26-2008 4:39 PM In reply to

• Medogsfat
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 02-21-2007
    • Posts 4,045
    • Founder

I love this thread - it has gone from "will a BS1 or Centuary" fullfil my needs? to considering a BS3200 with Beolab 5000's. Brilliant and a perfect illustration of exactly how B&O gets under your skin.Laughing

Chris.

• 04-26-2008 4:41 PM In reply to

• Alex
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Bath & Cardiff, UK
    • Posts 2,990
    • Bronze Member

Medogsfat:

I love this thread - it has gone from "will a BS1 or Centuary" fullfil my needs? to considering a BS3200 with Beolab 5000's. Brilliant and a perfect illustration of exactly how B&O gets under your skin.Laughing

Chris.

I still think Pentas would be more sensible Stick out tongue

Weekly top artists:                   

• 04-26-2008 5:09 PM In reply to

• Medogsfat
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 02-21-2007
    • Posts 4,045
    • Founder

Alex:
    Medogsfat:

Chris.

Nice one Alex - you've done what I was trying to avoid - opening the Penta V BL 5000 debateSad.

Penta's are far superior obviouslyBig Smile

Chris.

• 04-26-2008 5:11 PM In reply to

• Alex
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Bath & Cardiff, UK
    • Posts 2,990
    • Bronze Member

Medogsfat:
    Alex:
    Medogsfat:

Chris.

Nice one Alex - you've done what I was trying to avoid - opening the Penta V BL 5000 debateSad.

Penta's are far superior obviouslyBig Smile

Chris.

Success!

And of course they are Stick out tongue

Weekly top artists:                   

Page 1 of 1 (16 items)