in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 05-24-2008 7:27 AM by Griebel. 7 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 04-25-2008 8:32 AM

BeoPlayer / BeoPort now Vista compatible

B&O has finally released a new version of BeoPlayer/BeoPort (version 4.80) that is Vista compatible.

It seems there is no other improvement in the software, apart from the Vista compatibility.

I wish they had improved the cover art download, I found CDDB much more accurate & faster than the metadata service.Besides, I don't know why the artcover update is made every time I open NMUSIC, it takes too long and should only scan the latest folders added since the previous scan ; I also wish a "record" or "copy" feature had been added for NRADIO recording.

Reunion Island is greeting you!

• 04-25-2008 9:11 AM In reply to

Re: BeoPlayer / BeoPort now Vista compatible

For your information there is a thread under "PC" on this subject and can be found HERE

Other than the points raised in the other thread the following can be added:-

Other than supporting Microsoft Windows Vista provided you have Service Pack 1 installed, it also resolved the following:-

1. Artist name not downloaded from AMG 
    2. Sources disappear from BeoPort when hibernating 
    3. Music not playable through BeoPort after update to 4.54 
    4. Other minor errors corrected

Regards Keith....

• 04-27-2008 11:25 AM In reply to

Very fine... but can anyone explain to me why BeoNetMusic uses most of the time 99% of CPU?? which makes the computer unusable!

Guy

• 04-27-2008 11:29 AM In reply to

You're right, everytime you open N.MUSIC it scans the whole library, with sometimes BeoNetMusic using 99% of CPU! With the addition of new Albums it takes more and more longer. Not good, not good at all when you have a large library of songs.
  • 04-27-2008 3:31 PM In reply to

The problem is that beoplayer has a very low LIMIT in the number of folders to content in its data base (something like 200 or 500 folders...), if you exceed that number, every time that beoplayer starts, it scan all the target devices for re-create a brand new full database, consuming a lot of CPU in the long process...

I've experienced this here , just after the 4.64 beta version, 7 months ago.
    I didn't want erase folders from my extensive mp3 library, so finally I decided downgrade to the 4.61 version without album arts capability and everything works really fine after.

Santiago

• 05-05-2008 3:35 PM In reply to

I have 27212 files in 490 directories stored on a beomedia and linked with a PC with beoplayer
    When i start Nmusic on  the PC, music plays in 1 second
    and it takes 23 seconds to exectue the scan.
    It does not take all cpu power (intel core2 / 2.13Ghz + 2GB mem) max to 40/50 % and  i do not have the feeling
    everything is working slow during the scan

but i do have a problem with the new soft (was the same with previous version on vista) :
    when i switch from artist to album, net music hangs (every time) (selecting genre, play list etc always works...)
    after a couple of seconds i got the message : beonetmusic has stopped working
    When I select netmusic again it starts up again and plays the music

What I really mis in beoplayer is a subselection CD in the artist tab.
    I simulate this by naming every directory like artistname - CD name
    When I select folders, I can see the artist with every name of CD after it, but tracks names are still alphabetical ...
    so , not a 100% solution ..

• 05-22-2008 2:48 PM In reply to

• JOV
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-28-2007
    • Germany
    • Posts 62
    • Bronze Member

Hi, I'm running Beoport V 4.65 actually (on a Graphic optimized Win XP Pro system). Netmusic needs 20-30 seconds to play music using 99% CPU during scan. 

But - and that's a shame! - Netmusic needs ca. 50% CPU time when playing a song. That's really a shame!
    F.e. Windows Media Player only needs 1 to 2% when playing mp3s.

I'm sorry, but the IT staff of B&O must be totally incompetent to produce and launch such a crappy kind of software! It's unbelievable, that they need years to fix major problems and don't care about comfort, speed and standard features.

So: Has anybody an idea, how to reduce CPU usage with NMUSIC? Was it the same in the earlier version without the covers?

Regards, JOV 

• 05-24-2008 7:27 AM In reply to

It's indeed a shame. Netmusic is far from being optimized. I'm not very optimistic for future versions as the core of the software probably needs to be revised.

Earlier versions of BeoPlayer, which did not use BetNetMusic to get the infos+cover, use normal CPU resources, but they had other issues (eg Vista incompatible).

Guy

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)