in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 04-28-2008 9:15 PM by camshaft. 42 replies.
Page 1 of 2 (43 items) 1 2 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 04-24-2008 2:30 PM

• Paris
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-24-2008
    • Posts 7
    • Bronze Member

Hello beoworld and maybe a surprise

I have liked reading the forum of this website and decided to be brave and register. I say brave because I'm a girl. Are there any other female members on the forum? Or any other uni students?

Paris  x

• 04-24-2008 2:41 PM In reply to

• Medogsfat
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 02-21-2007
    • *Moderator* Leeds, Yorkshire
    • Posts 4,045
    • Founder

Re: Hello beoworld and maybe a surprise

Hi Paris & welcome to beoworld.Smile

Don't worry you're not alone, there are more girls on here who generally keep us men in check. 2 that spring to mind are joynside in the USA, who recently gave birth so I imagine her waking hours are somewhat taken with things other than B&O. And Bunie AKA Carol - member Craig's much better half.

Feel free to waffle along with the rest of us, we don't bite (probably because most of us have lost our teeth to old age nowBig Smile)

Chris.

The use of metaphors should be avoided like the plague. They're like a red rag to a bull to me.

• 04-24-2008 2:42 PM In reply to

Welcome to Beoworld!

Glad to see that you want to join this little boys club. Smile I'm a uni student aswell.

• 04-24-2008 2:46 PM In reply to

• Jandyt
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • Clitheroe, Lancashire, UK
    • Posts 13,004
    • Founder

Hi Paris, welcome to Beoworld..
    Last night we had a member on here called Dullen. She's from Denmark and her real name is Janeke.

Andy T.

Poor me, never win owt!

• 04-24-2008 2:49 PM In reply to

• Puncher
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-27-2007
    • Nr. Durham, NE England.
    • Posts 9,588
    • Founder

We also have a rather dapper young student-type called AlexWink

I hope you enjoy your time here, it's a lovely place - full of friendly types who will be only too pleased to help with any queries you may haveSmile

Generally speaking, you aren't learning much if your lips are moving.

• 04-24-2008 2:54 PM In reply to

• Alex
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Bath & Cardiff, UK
    • Posts 2,990
    • Bronze Member

Puncher:

I hope you enjoy your time here, it's a lovely place - full of friendly types who will be only too pleased to help with any queries you may haveSmile

Oioi! Who said anything about me being a woman? Last time I checked I was still male, did something happen in cricket today that I missed? Stick out tongue

Weekly top artists:                   

• 04-24-2008 2:56 PM In reply to

• Puncher
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-27-2007
    • Nr. Durham, NE England.
    • Posts 9,588
    • Founder

I think you'll find, if you care to re-read my post, that I was actually making an introductionWhistle

Generally speaking, you aren't learning much if your lips are moving.

• 04-24-2008 2:56 PM In reply to

• Medogsfat
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 02-21-2007
    • Posts 4,045
    • Founder

Alex:
    Puncher:

Oioi! Who said anything about me being a woman? Last time I checked I was still male, did something happen in cricket today that I missed? Stick out tongue

New balls after 80 I believe AlexBig Smile

Chris.

The use of metaphors should be avoided like the plague. They're like a red rag to a bull to me.

• 04-24-2008 2:59 PM In reply to

• Medogsfat
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 02-21-2007
    • Posts 4,045
    • Founder

Jandyt:

Hi Paris, welcome to Beoworld..
    Last night we had a member on here called Dullen. She's from Denmark and her real name is Janeke.

Andy T.

Isn't there another Danish girl who works for B&O who you met at Struer? I forget her name but I know she's posted a couple of times. I would do a search but I know you'll beat me to it Andy.

Chris.

• 04-24-2008 3:04 PM In reply to

• Craig
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-29-2007
    • Costa Del St Evenage
    • Posts 4,855
    • Founder

Medogsfat:

And Bunie AKA Carol - member Craig's much better half.

Thanks mate.Laughing Anyway welcome to Beoworld Paris.

CraigSmile

For millions of years, mankind lived just like the animals. Then something happened which unleashed the power of our imagination. We learned to talk and we learned to listen..

• 04-24-2008 3:31 PM In reply to

• Christian
    • Top 100 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Copenhagen, Denmark
    • Posts 626
    • Bronze Member

Paris:

... Or any other uni students?

I am also a university student, economics.

Welcome to BeoWorld. Smile

Why have you registret? - Do you own B&O, like B&O or some thing else? Smile

Living room: BV7-40 mkIV + V8000, BL5, BL3, BM1 and BS9000. Bedroom: MX3000 and BL4500 on MCL2-AV. Around: PentaIII, CX100 and MCX35 on ML/MCL + MCL2-A, BeoPort and BL4 on ML, BS3300 + M75 as stand alone, BC6000 + BC600 and BT1100, LC1, LC2, Beo4, Beo5 and BL1000, BS2 and A8, EarSet2, Apron, Coffee mugs, Enamel Bagdes, Bath towel, Keyring, Books, Lots of miniature and the Bottle opener. Office: BC2300 + BL2500 and BS3. Summer house: BS Century.

Addicted? Oh no.... ;)

• 04-24-2008 3:33 PM In reply to

• Alex
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Bath & Cardiff, UK
    • Posts 2,990
    • Bronze Member

I'll also add that I'm not in Uni yet - although I've been offered a place! I'm off to study Creative Music Technology after next year.

Weekly top artists:                   

• 04-24-2008 3:52 PM In reply to

• Paris
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-24-2008
    • Posts 7
    • Bronze Member

Wow I wasn't expecting so many replies so soon. Thankyou for the warm welcome to everyone who has left a message. I registered because I really appreciate some of Bang & Olufsens designs and I am studying interior design at Chelsea. I have recently completed an assignment focussing on beolab 5, illustrating how they are speakers and at the same time a captivating piece of art within a home or business environment. I found this website during my research stage. Yes I have a black beosound 1 but unfortunately cannot afford much else as of yet. Sorry for the life story.

Paris  x

• 04-24-2008 3:58 PM In reply to

• Christian
    • Top 100 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Copenhagen, Denmark
    • Posts 626
    • Bronze Member

I think the BeoSound 1 is a really good piece of B&O.

Living room: BV7-40 mkIV + V8000, BL5, BL3, BM1 and BS9000. Bedroom: MX3000 and BL4500 on MCL2-AV. Around: PentaIII, CX100 and MCX35 on ML/MCL + MCL2-A, BeoPort and BL4 on ML, BS3300 + M75 as stand alone, BC6000 + BC600 and BT1100, LC1, LC2, Beo4, Beo5 and BL1000, BS2 and A8, EarSet2, Apron, Coffee mugs, Enamel Bagdes, Bath towel, Keyring, Books, Lots of miniature and the Bottle opener. Office: BC2300 + BL2500 and BS3. Summer house: BS Century.

Addicted? Oh no.... ;)

• Craig
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-29-2007
    • Costa Del St Evenage
    • Posts 4,855
    • Founder

Beosound 1 is a nice start to your B&O collection, I would say. There will be more items to follow, it's what we all call BeovirusLaughingLaughing.

CraigSmile

For millions of years, mankind lived just like the animals. Then something happened which unleashed the power of our imagination. We learned to talk and we learned to listen..

• Medogsfat
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 02-21-2007
    • Posts 4,045
    • Founder

A very familiar story Paris.

Many of us addicts on here started with very little and worked our way up by either buying used or items in need of repair. Of course the latter path requires a little skill but fortunatley (in my case any way) this forum is always ready and willing to offer free excellent advice. Many of us members introduced ourselves to Beoworld in this way and stay on board to repay that advice to others in need.

Any questions you have then feel free to ask and remember "there are no stupid questions - just stupid answers"Big Smile

Chris.

• 04-24-2008 3:59 PM In reply to

• Alex
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Bath & Cardiff, UK
    • Posts 2,990
    • Bronze Member

Paris:

Wow I wasn't expecting so many replies so soon. Thankyou for the warm welcome to everyone who has left a message. I registered because I really appreciate some of Bang & Olufsens designs and I am studying interior design at Chelsea. I have recently completed an assignment focussing on beolab 5, illustrating how they are speakers and at the same time a captivating piece of art within a home or business environment. I found this website during my research stage. Yes I have a black beosound 1 but unfortunately cannot afford much else as of yet. Sorry for the life story.

Paris  x

Lucky! Wish I could afford a BeoSound 1. One of B&O's best ever products I'd say, and a lot would agree. A fantastic piece of kit.

RE the BeoLab 5s, they're the perfect 'product' to any kind of design or engineering research into, considering their technical complexity and visual appearance (which is unrivaled IMO - I think they're the most beautiful speakers designed/built).

Weekly top artists:                   

• 04-24-2008 4:20 PM In reply to

Welcome to BeoWorld Paris!

Your BeoLab 5 project sounds fun. I think we would all safely bet you've already caught the BeoBug! BeoSound 1 is a brilliant system in my opinion. I love mine and I have recently changed the grill to a white one.

See you about Yes -  thumbs up

• 04-24-2008 4:26 PM In reply to

• Paris
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-24-2008
    • Posts 7
    • Bronze Member

Thankyou for your comments Alex you're cute. What uni are you hoping to go to? You are so right about the beolab 5, they produce an amazing sound too. I went to a few Bang & Olufsen dealer to see them properly and was also given a sound demonstration. Thankyou Chris, I don't think I will be "answering" then!

Paris  x

• 04-24-2008 4:33 PM In reply to

Welcome to Beoworld, Paris. My university days are over, I'm afraid. I have a degree in both economics and architecture. Like you I bought my first B&O masterpiece, a Beocenter 9300 in that period. But I'm pretty sure I would choose a Beosound 1 if I was younger and still in university today. It's a great system and on my wishlist of future buys. Yes -  thumbs up

Beoworld's twenty-eighth ninth prize winner and fifty-first second prize winner. Best £30 I've ever spent!

• 04-24-2008 4:43 PM In reply to

• Alex
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Bath & Cardiff, UK
    • Posts 2,990
    • Bronze Member

Paris:

Thankyou for your comments Alex you're cute. What uni are you hoping to go to? You are so right about the beolab 5, they produce an amazing sound too. I went to a few Bang & Olufsen dealer to see them properly and was also given a sound demonstration. Thankyou Chris, I don't think I will be "answering" then!

Paris  x

Looking at going to the University of the West of England. I looked round some others but UWE seems the best so far...

Weekly top artists:                   

• 04-24-2008 4:47 PM In reply to

• ChrDH
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Denmark
    • Posts 493
    • Founder

Christian:
    Paris:

... Or any other uni students?

I am also a university student, economics.

Welcome to BeoWorld. Smile

Why have you registret? - Do you own B&O, like B&O or some thing else? Smile

Welcome to the Forum, you will probably find that it is a big time time-consumer...Smile, but well worth it.

I am also a student of economics, Uni. of Copenhagen

br Chr.

Beosound Ouverture, Beocenter 9000, Beovision MX6000, Beocord VX7000
  • 04-24-2008 6:15 PM In reply to

• Jandyt
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • Clitheroe, Lancashire, UK
    • Posts 13,004
    • Founder

Paris:

Alex you're cute.

Whistle

Poor me, never win owt!

• 04-24-2008 6:22 PM In reply to

• Tom
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Luxembourg
    • Posts 3,175
    • Bronze Member

Hello Paris! I'm sure some female input would not be wrong for us beoworlders! I'm sure here you will find what you are looking for...

Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life. - Berthold Auerbach

• 04-24-2008 6:23 PM In reply to

• Alex
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Bath & Cardiff, UK
    • Posts 2,990
    • Bronze Member

Jandyt:
    Paris:

Alex you're cute.

Whistle