in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 05-08-2007 10:46 PM by Stan. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-06-2007 4:01 AM

BM-Link questions

Hi,

I am rather new to having a intel mac-mini. It is connected to my beosound and I am using BM-Link 1.5 and it all works great (used to have  the the beosound integrated to a PC - but finds the mac much more attractive :)).

However I have a couple of questions that I guess you guys easily can answer:

1) I find it rather hard to know which album is played if I jyst key in a number on the beo4. On the PC platform each song had its own number - but it seems that in the bm-link application each Artist has its own number (also controlled by pressing left and right arrow on beo4 it seems to jump to next artist). Can I get bm-link to assign a number to each individual song or at the very least each album instead of the entire artist?  I have tried toggling the "Interaction->Group albums by artist" checkbox in the bm-link setup without any effects at all?

2) I can see I have firmware 1.30. I saw in some other thread in this forum that a new firmware version 1.31 is out - how do I get that and install it? I have tried the "Advanced->Update..." in the bm-link setup - it just bring up a file chooser dialog - and then what?

3) I read something about v.mem source also controls an application on the mac - is this true?

4) Anders Odlund mentioned something about controlling your favorite applications on the mac by using applescript - does anyone know which folder he is talking about and how to get this to work?

Thanks, Kræn David 

• 05-06-2007 11:51 AM In reply to

• brynhp
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 05-02-2007
    • Posts 8
    • Bronze Member

Re: BM-Link questions

If you go to Anders website and download the latest version of the software, you will find a folder called 'Firmware'.  In it is version 1.31 of the firmware.

When you go to Advanced > Update use the file chooser to select the 1.31 hex file.  This will then update the firmware.

Bryn 

• 05-08-2007 10:46 PM In reply to

• Stan
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Posts 593
    • Gold Member

Re: BM-Link questions

kraendavid:

1) I find it rather hard to know which album is played if I jyst key in a number on the beo4. On the PC platform each song had its own number - but it seems that in the bm-link application each Artist has its own number (also controlled by pressing left and right arrow on beo4 it seems to jump to next artist). Can I get bm-link to assign a number to each individual song or at the very least each album instead of the entire artist?  I have tried toggling the "Interaction->Group albums by artist" checkbox in the bm-link setup without any effects at all?

I don't know about assigning numbers, but you can change what the left/right double arrows (<< >>) do on the Beo4.  They skip forward or backward according to what is currently displayed.  If you have the artist displayed, this will move to the next/prev artist.  If you have the playlist displayed, it moves to the next/prev playlist.  You toggle between artist, playlist (and I forget what the other options are) by pressing the one of the colored keys (again, I forget which one).

Forgetfully,

Stan
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)