in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 04-24-2008 4:10 AM by Erik-nl. 13 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (14 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 04-23-2008 4:14 PM

Any Resemblance?

Just saw this post at Engadget for a new Samsung MP3 player. I thought it looked like well... What do you all think?

• 04-23-2008 4:17 PM In reply to

• Jandyt
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • Clitheroe, Lancashire, UK
    • Posts 13,004
    • Founder

Re: Any Resemblance?

Uncanny!!!
    I wonder if they struck up a deal.

Poor me, never win owt!

• 04-23-2008 4:21 PM In reply to

• Puncher
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-27-2007
    • Nr. Durham, NE England.
    • Posts 9,588
    • Founder

Jandyt:
    Uncanny!!!

There seems to be an extraneous "tr" in your postSad

Generally speaking, you aren't learning much if your lips are moving.

• 04-23-2008 4:45 PM In reply to

• Tom
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Luxembourg
    • Posts 3,175
    • Bronze Member

I guess the next thing will be a 6-CD-Player from Samsung... Indifferent

Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life. - Berthold Auerbach

• 04-23-2008 4:50 PM In reply to

• Jandyt
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • Posts 13,004
    • Founder

Puncher:

Jandyt:
    Uncanny!!!

There seems to be an extraneous "tr" in your postSad

LaughingLaughing
    Very clever!

Poor me, never win owt!

• 04-23-2008 5:19 PM In reply to

Thanks for the link beo-ap. Am I surprised, no not really, but as a BeoSound 2 lover I still feel a little bummed. Interested to see if this post will now need to be moderated.
  • 04-23-2008 5:30 PM In reply to

• Calvin
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • London
    • Posts 233
    • Bronze Member

The 'Samsung copying B&O products' thing is a major factor as to why I no longer by new B&O products.  They made a version of the Serenata and - being a LOT cheaper - put me off upgrading my Serene to it.  Now that they've done a BS2 rip-off, I'm vaguely glad I switched to an iPod Touch.  At least it still has a few unique features.  Certainly, my old argument about coolnesss wouldn't wash if my friends knew that my £500 mp3 player was also available in Currys or the like for a fraction of the price.

Honestly, I don't see what B&O are playing at.  They make a product, get it made by Samsung, then Samsung sell it themselves a bit cheaper.  I suppose B&O are playing on the branding and the knowledge that they can keep selling on the basis that people want to show off their wealth and don't care about the product as long as it's expensive enough to impress their friends.  I also suppose that it will work to an extent, but they will lose a lot of normal customers.  For every £100,000 deal with a show-off millionaire, they'll be losing £80,000 in everyday customers.  I agree that it makes sense financially, but there's the old phrase about putting too many eggs in one basket.  For now, I'll stick to the older products

• 04-23-2008 6:23 PM In reply to

• Puncher
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-27-2007
    • Posts 9,588
    • Founder

Henry:
    Thanks for the link beo-ap. Am I surprised, no not really, but as a BeoSound 2 lover I still feel a little bummed. Interested to see if this post will now need to be moderated.

Hi Henry - As a long term member yourself, I'm slightly disappointed that you still feel that this thread will be edited/moderated in any form or fashion. This is typical of a thread that isn't entirely in support of B&O but is not just tolerted but encouraged on this site. There is nothing that has been said that in anyway compromises the site or it's principles. Your opinion of Samsung copying or licensing a B&O MP3 player are entirely valid and valuable.

The only things that aren't tolerated are personal abuse or attempts to saboutage the site and what it stands for. Genuine opinions are always encouraged from brand followers.Big Smile

• 04-23-2008 6:25 PM In reply to

• Jandyt
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • Posts 13,004
    • Founder

I think Henry was refering to the 'B' word he used.

Poor me, never win owt!

• 04-23-2008 6:29 PM In reply to

• Puncher
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-27-2007
    • Posts 9,588
    • Founder

Jandyt:

My apologies for misinterpreting Henner's post if that's the caseSmile

• 04-23-2008 9:08 PM In reply to

They say that this is the highest form of flattery. And though I'm a devoted BeoSound 2 user (have been since they were released) it is a bit odd to copy an unpopular and critically panned player 4 years after it was released. 

I've always thought that the BeoSound 2 was Bang & Olufsen's first and only (to date) pure blood digital music product and I loved how it didn't use the iPod or any other device as a reference point. This is the sort of approach that has always served B&O well, even if they aren't commercially successful.

This whole Samsung debacle has made me sick to my stomach and I'm thrilled that it's apparently over.  

There is scarcely anything in this world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little more cheaply. The person who buys on price alone is this man's lawful prey. - John Ruskin

• 04-24-2008 2:42 AM In reply to

Jandyt:

Yep you got it Andy. It did in fact need to be moderated which is quite funny. Apologies to the mod who had to check it, I've learnt for next time.

Whistle

• 04-24-2008 2:44 AM In reply to

TripEnglish:

They say that this is the highest form of flattery. And though I'm a devoted BeoSound 2 user (have been since they were released) it is a bit odd to copy an unpopular and critically panned player 4 years after it was released. 

I've always thought that the BeoSound 2 was Bang & Olufsen's first and only (to date) pure blood digital music product and I loved how it didn't use the iPod or any other device as a reference point. This is the sort of approach that has always served B&O well, even if they aren't commercially successful.

This whole Samsung debacle has made me sick to my stomach and I'm thrilled that it's apparently over.  

Couldn't agree more with all that you said Trip!

• 04-24-2008 4:10 AM In reply to

SAMSUNG have ensured me that the S2 is a complete new SAMSUNG design. They are looking numerous design prices in 2008.

Page 1 of 1 (14 items)