in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 04-23-2008 7:28 PM by Dude1. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 04-22-2008 10:03 AM

• ec
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-22-2008
    • Posts 2
    • Bronze Member

Beosound 4 and beolab 3 opinions

Hello,

I am new at your forum and I enjoy reading all your advises on B&O. I am interested to purchase a Beosound 4 with the beolab 3 speakers. For me, in terms of comodity, what is interesting of the beosound 4 is the use of the SD cards. Of course the system is also a very clean and elegant eletronic piece of art. I would like to have an opinion from anybody how they feel about the beosound 4 and beolab 3. If there are any owners if they are happy on the system..

Thanks

ec  Smile

• 04-22-2008 10:47 AM In reply to

Re: Beosound 4 and beolab 3 opinions

As far as people voting with their feet, it's a very popular system. 

I personally feel that the BeoLab 3s are the best value for the money in the entire lineup (maybe the 5s, but at $20k we're not really concerned with money!). They are extremely elegant and produce a sound that has never been done justice in a Bang & Olufsen shop. I can't speak for all dealers, but in the US, in-home auditions are fairly standard. This would be a way to hear what they can really do.

As for the BeoSound 4, this is another audio system whose display in the shop generally doesn't do it any favors. The first time I saw one was actually in my house. One of my colleagues brought it by for a look and I was totally struck with it. However, in the shop, the amount of lights thrown on it make it much less elegant. Basically in normal lighting, you only see the white LED readout, and none of the other sensors and machinery under the black glass. It's large display also makes it an ideal digital music system when you pair it with BeoPort.

I would also recommend a BeoSound 3. For my clients who actively use the SD card, it's like a portable link room. When you think of it this way, it makes a lot of sense to have one around the house.

Overall I think this is a very versatile and elegant setup and you should really enjoy the performance of the BeoLab 3s!   

There is scarcely anything in this world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little more cheaply. The person who buys on price alone is this man's lawful prey. - John Ruskin

• 04-22-2008 11:34 AM In reply to

• ec
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-22-2008
    • Posts 2
    • Bronze Member

Thank you for your advise; I will keep it in mind

ec.

• 04-22-2008 2:48 PM In reply to

• beodim
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Switzerland
    • Posts 130
    • Founder

I have both BS4 and BL3 (linked to another B&O audio, though) and am absolutely satisfied with their performance. With regards to using SD cards on BS4, it is a great feature but not perfect in all respects. For example, one can't record selected tracks from a CD to an SD card on BS4 but has to record the whole CD, which is kind of annoying.

BV7-40, BC6-26, DVD2, BCordV8000, BS4, BS2, BS Ouverture, BC9500, BM8000, BCord9000, BL8000, BL6000, BL2, BL3, BVox4500, BCom6000, Beomedia1, BCom5, Serenata

• 04-22-2008 3:22 PM In reply to

• Alex
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Bath & Cardiff, UK
    • Posts 2,990
    • Bronze Member

A fantastic setup. The BeoSound 4 is my personal favourite player in the range, and the BeoLab 3s are among the best speakers B&O have made.

Weekly top artists:                   

• 04-23-2008 2:34 PM In reply to

• Michael
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-23-2007
    • Atlanta, USA
    • Posts 318
    • Founder

I loved the combination.  Also, I ended up using the SD card almost exclusively after a while because of it's convenience.  Of course getting good quality MP3 files on the card makes a big difference but once you get good playlists in high quality in various cards and folders its great and you never think about it again.

-Michael

• 04-23-2008 7:28 PM In reply to

• Dude1
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 09-18-2007
    • London
    • Posts 189
    • Bronze Member

They are both all good....

Lab 3's look fabulous in grey - i think they even sound a little bit betta too..Big Smile

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)