in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 04-21-2008 3:26 PM by sajpratty. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 04-21-2008 12:29 PM

• sveifors
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • North of Norway
    • Posts 145
    • Founder

Beogram 1000 runs too slowly

I have got a hold of an old Beogram 1000. This looks great and could be very nice together with my beomaster 1000. The problem is that it runs too slowly both in 45 and 33.

I timed a song who was timed at 3 min 40 and it took 4 min to play. Is there a sollution to this problem.? 

Sveifors Always look on the B & O side of life
  • 04-21-2008 3:26 PM In reply to

Re: Beogram 1000 runs too slowly

Nice deck, I love them. You shouldn't need to time records, the markings on the platter are a strobe.

The little black knurled knob inside the speed changing knob is the fine tuning for the speed - sounds like this needs adjusting. (Later Beograms suffer from slowness because the bearing grease dries out, but the 1000 seems less prone to this, either because the bearings were better or because the grease is so old it has hardened and worn smooth again???)

The bad news is that the rod that links the black knob to the motor tends to seize inside its sleeve - attempting to force it free will break the socket inside the knob. The speed changing knob simply pulls off, so best to remove it and see if the fine tuner will actually turn using a pair of pliers; if it doesn't then a few drops of penetrating oil left to soak in for a couple of days is needed before you take the motor out, and strip down and clean the speed changing assembly properly.

Cheers, Steve 

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)