in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 09-22-2007 6:23 PM by The Stig - ver. 1.7. 9 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-05-2007 3:22 PM

BeoMedia and Link Room TV's

Dear Beophiles,

I have an early model BeoVision 5 which I have recently connected via a SCART to BeoMedia, and call up via V.AUX on my remote. I was under the impression that I would be able to view PHOTO and WEB on my link room television in addition to listening to N.RADIO. However the installer informed me that I would only be able to access N.MUSIC in my linked rooms. Is this correct?

Thanking you in anticipation.
  • 05-07-2007 3:28 AM In reply to

Re: BeoMedia and Link Room TV's

I don't know! Any Beomedia experts out there! I noticed this post had dropped a bit!
  • 05-07-2007 4:07 AM In reply to

Yes you can get up picture on Link-Tv but not pilot it with Beo4

So you can use N.Radio and N.Music only 

• 05-07-2007 5:31 AM In reply to

stuartross:
    Dear Beophiles,

I have an early model BeoVision 5 which I have recently connected via a SCART to BeoMedia, and call up via V.AUX on my remote. I was under the impression that I would be able to view PHOTO and WEB on my link room television in addition to listening to N.RADIO. However the installer informed me that I would only be able to access N.MUSIC in my linked rooms. Is this correct?

Thanking you in anticipation.

Hi Stuartross

I have the following setup:

BV7-40 connected to Beomedia 1 via DVI as well as the composite video cable and a BV6-26 as a link TV and am able to use N.Music, N Radio, Photo and web on the link TV. The key to getting the picture on the link TV was the composite cableand using "L PC" on the beo4 to call it up

My view is that it should work in your setup as well, can you give us a full view of your setup in terms of equipment and connections

Will also respond to your PM with my phone number in case you want to give me a call to talk it through

Steve

• 05-07-2007 6:16 AM In reply to

• Roger
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-28-2007
    • Norway
    • Posts 870
    • Founder

There are two challenges here:

1. Your BeoVision must be able to distribute the BeoMedia video signal. As mentioned above, a 7-40 can re-route the DVI-input to the RF OUT - and handle the "PC" command (=the BeoVision has control over the BeoMedia 1, not a separate IR eye connected directly to the BeoMedia 1)
    2. The link BeoVision must be able to handle the PC command (L-PC). The 6-26 can.

The PC command was added with the last SW update just before the DVI-version of the BV 5 hit the market.

Roger

• 05-07-2007 7:36 AM In reply to

• sin
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Posts 2
    • Bronze Member

Roger:

There are two challenges here:

1. Your BeoVision must be able to distribute the BeoMedia video signal. As mentioned above, a 7-40 can re-route the DVI-input to the RF OUT - and handle the "PC" command (=the BeoVision has control over the BeoMedia 1, not a separate IR eye connected directly to the BeoMedia 1)
    2. The link BeoVision must be able to handle the PC command (L-PC). The 6-26 can.

The PC command was added with the last SW update just before the DVI-version of the BV 5 hit the market.

Roger

Roger, does this mean that BV 7-40 convert high screen resulotion DVI input to a regular video signal, or do I have to set the screen resolution  to a "low" value on my BeoMedia.

osis 

• 05-07-2007 7:45 AM In reply to

• Roger
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-28-2007
    • Norway
    • Posts 870
    • Founder

You do not have to change the resolution of the BeoMedia - the RF modulator takes care of that. This was, and perhaps still is, an issue when it comes to the distribution of "future" tv-signals over BeoLink: HD DVD, Blue Ray and HDTV will have to be distributed with the original numbers of lines intact - at some point in the not to distant future. This change in video distribution will allow for proper quality from the BeoMedia 1 as well.

Roger

• 05-07-2007 11:19 AM In reply to

Option1 as Roger describe is only available if you connect BM1 to AV4 with Composite

I am pretty sure that BV7 can not route DVI to RF

DVI is not enough to use L-PC

So:

BM1 VGA-----BV7 DVI

BM1 composite------BV7 AV4 Composite 

Use both of this

But this works only on BV5 HD version

• 09-22-2007 10:24 AM In reply to

Re: BeoMedia, BV6 and DVI

Hello,

We've had a nightmare of a situation with our BeoMedia...

Initially we tried to get BeoMedia connected to our BV6 22, but the DVI was different so it was using a SCART connection which wasn't great plus the BV6 only has two SCART sockets and had to lose out DVD1. We purchased a new BV7 32 and all is OK BUT the link BeoMedia (via BV6) has a hum/buzz.

Out intention was to use the BV6 22 as a PC monitor, but have been unable to get our PC laptops to connect to BV6 using DVI cable (even though the laptop sees the BV6 in it's setup). Out local B&O dealer (Cambridge in UK) is still investigating...

Thanks,

Davidw

B&O owner since 1989.

BV7, BV6, MX2000, V8000, BeoMedia1, BS6500, BeoPort, BeoPassive, BL6000, BL3, RL45, BeoCom6000, BeoCom2, BeoTalk1200, LC2, Beo4, Beo5

• 09-22-2007 6:23 PM In reply to

Re: BeoMedia, BV6 and DVI

Hi David

BV6-22 only has DVI - D input (Digital only), so problem is with your Graphic card:

1: can your graphic card put out Digital DVI? If yes then find out if it set to  DVI-D! If yes then download the leasts Driver for your card!

Still no luck? Then you have to find a new graphic card, not all cards are compatible with BV6-22 Erm

BTW Welcome to beoworld Yes -  thumbs up

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)