in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 09-23-2008 6:44 AM by notsolittledave. 21 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (22 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 04-20-2008 9:56 AM

mailbox birmingham

anybody know when the store will reopen. sign in window says "store closed for refit"
    sammy davis
  • 04-20-2008 9:58 AM In reply to

• Craig
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-29-2007
    • Costa Del St Evenage
    • Posts 4,855
    • Founder

Re: mailbox birmingham

Did not know it had closed for refit. If you need a dealer local to Birmingham, I would recomend the Solihul store. Recently taken over by new owners. but still just as good IMO.

CraigSmile (very happy B&O Solihull customer)

For millions of years, mankind lived just like the animals. Then something happened which unleashed the power of our imagination. We learned to talk and we learned to listen..

• 04-21-2008 12:20 PM In reply to

• Craig
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-29-2007
    • Costa Del St Evenage
    • Posts 4,855
    • Founder

Just found out today that the Mailbox store will not be reopening. It seems that the company which owned it and the store in Worcester has gone into administration. Looks like Solihull is now the only store close to Birmingham. What with the one in Stourbridge also no longer selling B&O. So in a few short years I have gone from 4 local stores to 1.Sad

CraigSmile

For millions of years, mankind lived just like the animals. Then something happened which unleashed the power of our imagination. We learned to talk and we learned to listen..

• 04-21-2008 1:24 PM In reply to

bad news, but thanks craig
    sammy davis
  • 04-21-2008 1:28 PM In reply to

thanks craig
    sammy davis
  • 04-21-2008 6:59 PM In reply to

dont worry from what i understand there is absolutely no shortage of b+o for sale in birmingham  LaughingWink

jay

jason

• 04-22-2008 2:29 AM In reply to

I am under the impression that Mailbox will reopen, but I'm not sure when.  Solihul is a good store to visit though.
  • 04-22-2008 12:55 PM In reply to

• Craig
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-29-2007
    • Costa Del St Evenage
    • Posts 4,855
    • Founder

Iconic-AV:

dont worry from what i understand there is absolutely no shortage of b+o for sale in birmingham  LaughingWink

jay

Good reply Jay.Laughing As for the Mailbox reopening I think this will only be with new owners. If it happens.

CraigSmile

• 04-22-2008 1:25 PM In reply to

• Craig
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-29-2007
    • Costa Del St Evenage
    • Posts 4,855
    • Founder

Just had a look at the B&O website and both stores are no longer listed on the store locator.

CraigSmile

• 04-23-2008 6:51 AM In reply to

• deaddruid
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-24-2007
    • Malvern, Worcestershire
    • Posts 247
    • Founder

The Worcester store looked very closed the other day. I wonder where the stock has gone...

Mark

• 04-23-2008 8:28 AM In reply to

• 355f
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-19-2007
    • Posts 655
    • Bronze Member

deaddruid:

The Worcester store looked very closed the other day. I wonder where the stock has gone...

Mark

Just the start of many many store closures im afraid. I would expect that BnO have taken the stock back.

• 04-23-2008 8:51 AM In reply to

• 9 LEE
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Moderator - UK
    • Posts 5,223
    • Founder

Things are looking very bleak for many dealers, and i think it will be a case of survival of the fittest over the next few years at least.

I'm sure it will find its balance though, and once the fat is trimmed off the company will be a lot leaner and stability may return!

Lee

BeoWorld - Everything Bang & Olufsen

• 06-26-2008 4:45 PM In reply to

Opens Monday the 30th June 08 i think
  • 06-27-2008 2:47 AM In reply to

• moxxey
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-14-2007
    • South West, UK
    • Posts 2,360
    • Bronze Member

Yep, Mailbox store is re-opening soon, Worcester is closed for good. Products are back with B&O UK. BUT proceed with care - my beef with B&O UK at the moment is that it appears that they're selling these goods to end users, without testing, cleaning or checking the products. Really.

Compare this to Apple. Ex-demo and refurbished products go through an internal testing period, parts replaced (before test), new components such as mouse, cables and so on added to box. Re-boxed.

With the stores, as I've mentioned in the past, 4 stores in one local area is way too much. Take a look through the B&O website and there are still stores in very small towns and way too many for a small territory such as the UK.

• 06-30-2008 2:29 PM In reply to

• Sinead
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 06-30-2008
    • Posts 1
    • Bronze Member

The store will be re opening in approx 2weeks.

• 07-01-2008 5:30 AM In reply to

• BeoLad
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 07-23-2007
    • West Midlands
    • Posts 37
    • Bronze Member

From what I have heard B&O uk are taking it over and running it, they will possibly be moving out the Mailbox due to high costs on rent and percentages on sales per year!

There has been a few dealers closing up and down the country, its the current climate plus too much monet being spent on advertising thats causing problems.

• 07-22-2008 6:13 AM In reply to

• deaddruid
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-24-2007
    • Malvern, Worcestershire
    • Posts 247
    • Founder

Good news!

Yesterday I received a mailshot from B&O to tell me that, due to the demise of the Worcester store, my details will be passed to the Cheltenham store.

Today I received one from the Mailbox to say that they have reopened.

Perhaps tomorrow I'll get one saying that the Worcester store is back, since it was the store-room for the Mailbox.

Mark 

• 07-22-2008 1:08 PM In reply to

And I received one this morning inviting me in for a coffee & to drool over the money saving offers currently available.  Hmm!  Methinks, there will be even better offers in the coming months.

John

• 07-23-2008 8:36 AM In reply to

If your lucky
  • 09-20-2008 11:13 AM In reply to

The Mailbox store in Birmingham is reopen and has been since July. There is no talks of B & O moving out of the Mailbox shopping center and there never has been. I am one of the lucky ones to be working at the Mailbox B & O store. There is plans for the store and none of it includes moving out due to costs or expenses. The store is doing well and hitting targets. We are going no-where.

Dave

Dave

• 09-20-2008 11:46 AM In reply to

• BeoLad
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 07-23-2007
    • West Midlands
    • Posts 37
    • Bronze Member

Hi notsolittledave

Are you the guy who is related to Aidrian Tams ? I think your ( or someone there is from walsall )

• 09-23-2008 6:44 AM In reply to

Hi,

Not related to him no

Dave

Page 1 of 1 (22 items)