in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 04-19-2008 9:23 PM by Medogsfat. 25 replies.
Page 1 of 2 (26 items) 1 2 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 04-19-2008 4:03 AM

Deleted Post

Locked Contact

I just had my post deleted by medogsfat. I was going to donate to this site to become a Silver or Gold but now I know I will never support such an anti free speech place.

I love Bang and Olufsen but this has to stop. 

• 04-19-2008 5:33 AM In reply to

• rfc1
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-06-2008
    • Posts 166
    • Gold Member

Re: Deleted Post

Locked Contact

What was in your post  that was deleted?

sandy

• 04-19-2008 5:47 AM In reply to

Locked Contact

Are you 100% certain he wasn't justified?  Very strange because I've always found him to be a delight & most helpful & patient with geriatric old dodderers like myself.  A misunderstanding surely?  Come on!  Forgive, forget, rise above it & support the site by going Gold.

John

• 04-19-2008 5:50 AM In reply to

Locked Contact
    strange indeed, free speach is quite normal over here and done, but I suppose there are certain regulations here wich are quite normal : no insults, no cursing, no indecent words e.g. wich one[s] did you use ? ....................Hmm apple words can't be the reason because they are used very often like ipod or...............iphone................so it can't be your username.................Confused
    Leon: Beoworld's First "First Prize" winner. "Carpe Diem et Dolce Far Niente"
  • 04-19-2008 6:03 AM In reply to

Locked Contact

I can see no posts that have been deleted today. We do delete posts - usually duplicate ones. The site filter also will hold up some posts due to inappropriate language, though that is automatic. Very rarely is a post deleted for other reasons - advertising, defaming another person or a post that could cause offense are about all that I can think of. We do have a couple of individuals who due to their actions have been banned and their attempts to post are not tolerated.

Otherwise, I will defend the right of free speech as far as I possibly can and I know the other moderators feel the same. I have no idea what iphone is posting about. 

• 04-19-2008 6:07 AM In reply to

Locked Contact
    As far as I am aware, medogsfat was not on line this morning so I don't know what this is all about!

Regards Graham

• 04-19-2008 6:38 AM In reply to

• 9 LEE
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Moderator - UK
    • Posts 5,223
    • Founder

Locked Contact

I can confirm what has already been said. There are no posts deleted today, and none have been auto-filtered or auto-deleted either - i just checked the admin system.

Again, to confirm, we consult every single moderator on our own discussion forum if there is any doubt as to wether to delete a post or not. We do not take decisions to remove or edit posts lightly as free speech is of the utmost importance on this site, and it is only with unanimous agreement of all moderators that we do this if there is any question.

For the record, i am currently looking at the admin panel - and we have a count of 91,526 posts made so far. In contrast, we have a total of 61 recorded deleted posts.

Lee

Smile

BeoWorld - Everything Bang & Olufsen

• 04-19-2008 7:17 AM In reply to

Locked Contact
    I think this goes back to March, and a post about a tiff with a dealer in the US? Remember reading the original post, which dealt with a response from the dealer to iPhone which caused offense. Remember looking forward to hearing both sides of the issue ... I don't think this is a free speech matter, though. The post was quite inflammatory, and presented only one side of the interchange between iPhone and the dealership ... it had promising comedic potential!

• 04-19-2008 7:39 AM In reply to

• Medogsfat
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 02-21-2007
    • *Moderator* Leeds, Yorkshire
    • Posts 4,045
    • Founder

Locked Contact

This must be regarding a post I deleted a while back (not recently as the OP suggests) in which iphone offered "advice" to a new member who had a problem with his Beoltalk 1200. I took this action after complaints from other members and will not go into details as I PM'ed iphone explaining exactly why I took this action and to comment further would be a breach of confidentiality IMO. It is enough to say that the post in question was not within the Beoworld spirit and was done with the full support of the moderating team.

Chris.

The use of metaphors should be avoided like the plague. They're like a red rag to a bull to me.

• 04-19-2008 8:14 AM In reply to

Locked Contact
    If this indeed is the post, I would concur with Chris completely regarding this. We do keep all deleted posts and can publish them if required. In this case I would suggest that it is unnecessary . As has been said, the moderating team discuss such matters before action is taken.
  • 04-19-2008 8:39 AM In reply to

• Medogsfat
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 02-21-2007
    • Posts 4,045
    • Founder

Locked Contact

Thank you Peter and everyone else for your personal comments on the way I conduct myself as a moderator.

I feel that I should add that I acted only for the good of the Beoworld site and its current and future members and there was no personal agenda here. If iphone feels he has been treated unfairly then I offer my apologies and wish to confirm that there is no ill feeling on my part and that he will still be treated with the same regard and repect as any other member of this forum.

Chris.

The use of metaphors should be avoided like the plague. They're like a red rag to a bull to me.

• 04-19-2008 9:30 AM In reply to

• ®
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • UK
    • Posts 970
    • Founder

Locked Contact
    iphone 19 Apr 08:

I was going to donate to this site to become a Silver or Gold but now I know I will never support such an anti free speech place.

iphone 04 Apr 08:
    How do you donate money to Beoworld?

Does beoworld accept checks and if so, who should it be payable to?

This is a wonderful site.  

You said that before, what are you waiting for ?

• 04-19-2008 11:43 AM In reply to

Please delete my beoworld account!

Locked Contact

Please delete my beoworld account as soon as possible. If there is no free speech, there is no purpose on remaining on beoworld. I have many positives to say about beoworld but censoring my comments for no apparent reason (since some B&O products are unsatisfactory) is wrong in my opinion.

After this, I will not be donating to a radical extremist website like beoworld. Thank you.  

• 04-19-2008 11:46 AM In reply to

• Tom
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Luxembourg
    • Posts 3,175
    • Bronze Member

Re: Please delete my beoworld account!

Locked Contact
    iphone:

After this, I will not be donating to a radical extremist website like beoworld. Thank you.  

LaughingLaughingLaughing 

Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life. - Berthold Auerbach

• 04-19-2008 12:02 PM In reply to

• archie
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Paris
    • Posts 497
    • Bronze Member

Locked Contact
    You are not a gold member, you never pay , if you are not happy,  the more easy thing it's never come back Angry

DU BEAU, DU BON, DU BO.

• 04-19-2008 12:52 PM In reply to

• Medogsfat
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 02-21-2007
    • Posts 4,045
    • Founder

Locked Contact
    iphone:

Please delete my beoworld account as soon as possible. If there is no free speech, there is no purpose on remaining on beoworld. I have many positives to say about beoworld but censoring my comments for no apparent reason (since some B&O products are unsatisfactory) is wrong in my opinion.

I really have no idea what your problem is, no one on Beoworld has EVER censored comments on products, I certainly haven't deleted anything you, or anyone else for that matter, have said about them. Yes you have had some comments deleted and for very valid reasons, some for being over zealously nationalistic which were distasteful in the least, some for trying to bring a personal argument with your dealer on board which is frankly nothing to do with Beoworld and the comment I personally deleted for being rude and totally insensitive to a new member who posted a reasonable request for help to which you your reply gave entirely the wrong impression of the vast majority of the Beoworld membership.

I'm sorry you feel this way but to be part of this community you really have to abide by the rules and decisions made by the moderating team. If you have a problem with that then you should raise it with us instead of stampeding headlong into posting inaccuracies on the forum. Rules are set to avoid this forum becoming anarchistic (as in all walks of life) and the ones laid down are IMO quite lenient and reasonable but will not tolerate anti social behavour or personal abuse via messages on the board or by PM. If you feel inclined to leave then fine that is your right of choice and good luck to you.

Chris.

• 04-19-2008 12:56 PM In reply to

Locked Contact
    I was going to post a long response, and indeed had started, but I really cannot think of anything relevant to add to Chris' post. I agree completely!
  • 04-19-2008 2:17 PM In reply to

• Alex
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Bath & Cardiff, UK
    • Posts 2,990
    • Bronze Member

Locked Contact

I think I remember which one post this was - not exactly a helpful comment IMO and the mods would be completely justified for removing it.

Weekly top artists:                   

• 04-19-2008 2:39 PM In reply to

Locked Contact

Excellent post Chris, I can think of nothing to add.

Regards Graham

• 04-19-2008 5:00 PM In reply to

• Alex
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Southern CA
    • Posts 137
    • Bronze Member

Locked Contact
    I come for the information and chatter, but I stay for the Drama! haha :-D 
    -Alex
  • 04-19-2008 5:23 PM In reply to

Locked Contact

Alex:

Yeah, I also wonder where these "conflicts" keep on coming from Big Smile I remember reading the problem post we're discussing - I wouldn't have doomed it worth deleting (just utterly stupid) if it had also contained a single word of useful information. Sadly, it didn't. I hope that new poster wasn't scared off after receiving such an anti-welcome.

-mika

• 04-19-2008 5:34 PM In reply to

• Jandyt
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • Clitheroe, Lancashire, UK
    • Posts 13,004
    • Founder

Locked Contact

Sadly, to the best of my knowledge, the original poster never made a second postSad
    I had read the response from iphone whilst I was dashing off to work but turned my car round and dashed back to log on and re-assure the OP but wasn't quick enough, he had gone off line. Think iphone achieveed his goal. Super Angry

Andy T.

PS. Nice response ChrisYes -  thumbs up

Poor me, never win owt!

• 04-19-2008 5:42 PM In reply to

• Medogsfat
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 02-21-2007
    • Posts 4,045
    • Founder

Locked Contact
    tournedos:

Alex:

Yeah, I also wonder where these "conflicts" keep on coming from Big Smile I remember reading the problem post we're discussing - I wouldn't have doomed it worth deleting (just utterly stupid) if it had also contained a single word of useful information. Sadly, it didn't. I hope that new poster wasn't scared off after receiving such an anti-welcome.

That was the problem mika, The originator of the post never wrote a follow up message which may have been down to the off hand reply posted by  iphone, or maybe not, we'll never know, and that was a real shameSad

The whole thread died on its feet as a result and an opportunity was missed not only for the OP but anyone else who may have had the the same problem.

Chris.

• 04-19-2008 5:49 PM In reply to

• Medogsfat
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 02-21-2007
    • Posts 4,045
    • Founder

Locked Contact
    Jandyt:

Sadly, to the best of my knowledge, the original poster never made a second postSad
    I had read the response from iphone whilst I was dashing off to work but turned my car round and dashed back to log on and re-assure the OP but wasn't quick enough, he had gone off line. Think iphone achieveed his goal. Super Angry

Andy T.

PS. Nice response ChrisYes -  thumbs up

Heyup Andy.

Just what I've said - only a I'm a couple of minute later - beer induced sausage fingers methinks, go to the workbench section and see my pathetic attempt at a "jandyt style" thread. I just don't have your patience nor photographic skills mate (mind you I had 2 on the go which are being returned on Monday so time was a little short)

Chris..

• 04-19-2008 8:55 PM In reply to

Locked Contact
    Peter :

I can see no posts that have been deleted today. We do delete posts - usually duplicate ones. The site filter also will hold up some posts due to inappropriate language, though that is automatic. Very rarely is a post deleted for other reasons - advertising, defaming another person or a post that could cause offense are about all that I can think of. We do have a couple of individuals who due to their actions have been banned and their attempts to post are not tolerated.

Otherwise, I will defend the right of free speech as far as I possibly can and I know the other moderators feel the same. I have no idea what iphone is posting about. 

I have no idea what the present flap is about, but I would like to note for the record that you did choose to delete a post I made a few weeks back with a tongue-in-cheek comment I made about our American President Bush, citing it as being political and likely to be offensive to some members. I was fascinated to see that you did not choose to delete a subsequent negative comment a U. K. poster made in a different thread in reference to your P. M. Gordon Brown. Apparent you choose to extend the rights of free speech to your compatriots but not to those in the former colonies. Did you folks not learn anything from the events of 1776?
Page 1 of 2 (26 items) 1 2 Next >