in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 04-20-2008 6:10 AM by beodim. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 04-18-2008 10:16 AM

Hope the new products in 2009 are a hit that proves Goldman wrong!!! Go B&O!

Another great reason why B&O should be listening very closely to this Forum.

By Meera Bhatia
         April 18 (Bloomberg) -- Bang & Olufsen A/S, the Danish
    stereo maker that has cut profit forecasts twice this year, was
    added to Goldman Sachs & Co.'s ``conviction sell'' list by
    analysts who said there's still ``significant'' risk to earnings
    estimates for the year through May 2009.
         ``While we believe that expectations for full-year 2008 are
    reasonable, we expect further downward revision of expectations
    for full-year 2009 are likely both ahead of, and subsequent to,
    B&O's full-year announcement,'' Goldman analysts including
    Patrick Hargreaves wrote in a note to investors today.
         Goldman has a six-month share price target of 260 kroner
    ($55). The bank's estimate for fiscal 2009 earnings before
    interest and tax is 16 percent below consensus, the note shows.
         B&O fell 5.5 kroner, or 1.9 percent, to 277.5 kroner in
    Copenhagen trading yesterday. The stock is not trading in
    Denmark's capital today because of a national holiday.
         B&O is scheduled to report annual results on Aug. 13.

• 04-18-2008 11:14 AM In reply to

• Stan
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Posts 593
    • Gold Member

Re: Hope the new products in 2009 are a hit that proves Goldman wrong!!! Go B&O!

I don't know... GS is always about 100% wrong about my company's performance... their "analysts" have been down on us for about 2 years... and guess what?  We've had 2 years of record quarters...

On the other hand, if you believe some folks, the world's financial institutions are collapsing so a "significant" risk to earnings estimates is somewhat obvious.  I think you can say that about practically every company right now.

Stan

• 04-18-2008 9:44 PM In reply to

Re: Hope the new products in 2009 are a hit that proves Goldman wrong!!! Go B&O!

I have the same issues with my company (and all my previous ones too!).

There are essentially two markets for every publicly listed company:- One that sells things and tries to make a profit from sales, and one that pumps up share price so the stock commodity enhances the balance sheet (and analysists, bankers and executive managers share portfolios).

Talking to my dealer (in the know apparently), TBS was nailed just for that. i.e. he tried to pump the B&O stock price and make the company a good investment prospect at the expense of debasing the ethos of the B&O family, products worthy of the name etc...

Personally, looking at these idiots who can undermine their own banks, hard savers and potentially collapse economies etc...I want nothing to do with them. If fact, if I were in-charge, I would have them all lined up and shot!

Reminds me of the old story of the Shepherd and Consultant (read Analysist).

Once upon a time there was a shepherd tending his sheep at the edge of a country road. A brand new Merc screeches to a halt next to him. The driver, a young man dressed in an Armani suit, Cerutti shoes, Ray-Ban sunglasses, Rolex wrist watch, and a BHS tie gets out and asks the shepherd, "If I can guess how many sheep you have, will you give me one of them?" The shepherd looks at the young man, then looks at the sprawling field of sheep and says, "Okay."

The young man parks the Merc, connects his notebook and wireless modem, enters a NASA site, scans the ground using his GPS, opens a database and 60 Excel tables filled with algorithms, then prints a 150 page report on his high tech mini printer. He then turns to the shepherd and says, "You have exactly 1,586 sheep here."  

(N.B at this juncture; the analyst would not do any of this, they would simply ask you how many sheep you had and repeat it back to you. I digress.)

The shepherd answers, "That's correct! You can have your sheep."

The young man takes one of the animals and puts it in the back of his vehicle. The shepherd looks at him and asks, "Now, if I guess your profession, will you pay me back in kind?"

The young man answers, "Sure."

The shepherd says, "You are an Analysist."

"Exactly! How did you know?" asks the young man.

"Very simple," answers the shepherd. "First, you came here without being called. Second, you charged me a fee to tell me something I already knew. Third, you don't understand anything about my business - and I'd really like to have my dog back."

10%

• 04-19-2008 1:09 AM In reply to

• Wings
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Hong Kong
    • Posts 341
    • Founder

Big Smile  It might have been a Bedlington terrier -- their look always reminds me of sheep.  Does that make me an analyst or just the first four letters of that word?  Wink
  • 04-19-2008 6:49 PM In reply to

• Jandyt
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • Clitheroe, Lancashire, UK
    • Posts 13,004
    • Founder

LaughingLaughingLaughing

Nice one Mr10%

Poor me, never win owt!

• 04-20-2008 6:10 AM In reply to

• beodim
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Switzerland
    • Posts 130
    • Founder

Well, while Goldman may have a negative outlook with respect to the B&O stock, there are currently also analysts who have issued a "hold" recommendation, and some even a "buy" one. I believe that the current average market consensus shows rather a neutral position.

BV7-40, BC6-26, DVD2, BCordV8000, BS4, BS2, BS Ouverture, BC9500, BM8000, BCord9000, BL8000, BL6000, BL2, BL3, BVox4500, BCom6000, Beomedia1, BCom5, Serenata

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)