in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 04-15-2008 5:17 AM by Kokomo. 28 replies.
Page 2 of 2 (29 items) < Previous 1 2
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 04-13-2008 5:01 PM In reply to

• Alex
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Bath & Cardiff, UK
    • Posts 2,990
    • Bronze Member

Re: Internet Radio through my beosound 4

Chris is correct, but they made this legal in the UK a while ago. I remember when I got my iTrip along with my iPod Mini (when they first came out). I had to have it imported from the US as they were illegal in the UK at the time!

As far as FM transmitters go - I really wouldn't. The solution offers no control in rooms outside of the one the computer is placed in, and the sound quality is absolutely hideous - even at short distance.

Weekly top artists:                   

• 04-14-2008 5:12 PM In reply to

• SWISS_2
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Neuchatel, Suisse
    • Posts 552
    • Gold Member

Brainstorming along this line there are some possibilities that might be available with Bluetooth.

I have a MACBOOK w/ XP + Bluetooth downstairs for work, and a newer PC with Bluetooth upstairs. I notice that with the new version, Bluetooth stereo is available, and that both computers at least recognize each other.

Both units can send and receive, WILAN and BT. It might be a bit involved, but worth a try

• 04-15-2008 5:08 AM In reply to

• Kokomo
    • Top 100 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 08-21-2007
    • Spain
    • Posts 618
    • Bronze Member

Chris:

Kokomo, 

Maybe in some countries around the globe, using a FM transmitter for personal use would be legal. But in most European countries, if not all this is highly illegal. Even so with low transmitting power.

"highly illegal". What, like murder, rape, robbery? 

• 04-15-2008 5:17 AM In reply to

• Kokomo
    • Top 100 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 08-21-2007
    • Spain
    • Posts 618
    • Bronze Member

Alex:

Chris is correct, but they made this legal in the UK a while ago. I remember when I got my iTrip along with my iPod Mini (when they first came out). I had to have it imported from the US as they were illegal in the UK at the time!

As far as FM transmitters go - I really wouldn't. The solution offers no control in rooms outside of the one the computer is placed in, and the sound quality is absolutely hideous - even at short distance.

I wasn't intending to provide a total 'all room control' option, just a very cheap & cheerful one. Here in Spain I occasionally listen to UK radio stations, mostly a local station from where I use to live. It transmits to my B&O in the lounge, the kitchen, bedroom, garage radios, the garden and to my personal radio whilst on the sun lounger! Tell me how a total B&O option would or could provide that and at what cost? My option cost about €20!  If you want to listen to music then a cheap FM transmitter is not the solution for good quality sound, however certainly for speech based listening it is fine.

It this option is not what you want then don't use it. It's not compulsory!     

Page 2 of 2 (29 items) < Previous 1 2