in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 04-16-2008 6:04 PM by Jandyt. 8 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 04-11-2008 6:53 AM

• BeoIce
    • Top 200 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-27-2007
    • Recklinghausen, Germany
    • Posts 281
    • Founder

DeToma - my personal story

Hello together,

I bought a pre-used DeToma A102 amplifier in excellent condition for my BC2300 and some passive Non-B&O speakers 1 1/2 years ago. Now it became defective. After turning it off there is some "click" noise from, I think, one of the relais inside the amplifier. This "click" noise repeats every 2-3 mins and stops after about 30mins. Because the noise is very disturbing I wrote an email to detoma.com, if the amplifier is repairable.

To my surprise DeToma answered my email within 2 hours. A much more greater surprise was, that they will repair the amplifier free of charge. They will also pay shipping back to me.

I couldn't believe this, so I phoned DeToma today and again, they said that repair is free of charge for me. They also said that they haven't done it in other ways for years. The only thing I have to pay is shipping to them. Within Germany it's only about 10€ ! Remember, the amplifier has been bought pre-used and I don't even have a receipt for it ! It was an ebay bargain.

I think this story is worth to mention. Perhaps B&O should take this as an example on how to deal with customers, even If they got old stuff. I never got anything repaired by B&O for free.

Regards

Martin

BeoSound 9000 MK III, BeoLab 6000, BeoLab 11, BeoCenter 2300, BeoSound Century, BeoVision MX4000/MX7000 & BeoCom 4

Samsung UE40B7090, Samsung HT-WS1G, Technisat HD8-S, Sony PS3, Logitech PS3 IR-BT-Adapter & Lintronic TT455-RT-238

• 04-11-2008 7:44 AM In reply to

• Dave0280
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-05-2008
    • Birmingham, UK
    • Posts 126
    • Gold Member

Re: DeToma - my personal story

Glad to hear good customer service still exists, like you said B&O will rarely do anything FOC and when you consider how much their equipment costs sometimes it really makes you think!!

Dave - Birmingham, UK
  • 04-11-2008 7:51 AM In reply to

• BeoIce
    • Top 200 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-27-2007
    • Posts 281
    • Founder

ok, I have to admit that the A102 was about 700€ new. This isn't cheap at all too, but yes, customer service is excellent.

I bought mine from ebay for 250€. So it was a real bargain  Smile

And the best thing is, that it is much more powerfull than Beolink Passive. I drove Beovox Pentas through it and they really rocked.

Regards

Martin

BeoSound 9000 MK III, BeoLab 6000, BeoLab 11, BeoCenter 2300, BeoSound Century, BeoVision MX4000/MX7000 & BeoCom 4

Samsung UE40B7090, Samsung HT-WS1G, Technisat HD8-S, Sony PS3, Logitech PS3 IR-BT-Adapter & Lintronic TT455-RT-238

• 04-11-2008 7:56 AM In reply to

• beobeo
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Spain
    • Posts 953
    • Founder

I haven't got anything repaired for free from B&O either. I actually haven't got anything B&O broken yet. Including my MX4000 from 1990.

It's good to know though.

Gustavo

• 04-11-2008 8:01 AM In reply to

• BeoIce
    • Top 200 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-27-2007
    • Posts 281
    • Founder

The simplest thing I had was a BL1000 with a defective key mat. Not only that a repair kit is expensive, they wanted to charge me for changing it. A five minute job for someone who knows how to do it. This is rediculous !

Martin 

• 04-11-2008 10:36 AM In reply to

I had a fault on a Beomaster 5500 which would cause it to cut out after a minute or two. I took it in to B&O for repairs and a week or so later got a call from the engineer to say that he couldnt find any faults. It had cut out the first time he turned it on and from then on it worked perfectly. I picked it up and its been fine ever since and they didnt charge me. So I think thats a free repair!
  • 04-11-2008 12:54 PM In reply to

My old dealer (Windows of the Arcade) had a wonderful repair service and were remarkably well priced. They did repair a number of my items for free and indeed also gave me a couple of pairs of speakers for nothing - some S80.2s and RL60.2s! They also came and sorted out my link system when I bought an Avant from them - their chief service manager came out and spent a good couple of hours getting everything to work - didn't charge me a penny. I would still be buying new B&O if they were still dealers. I really miss the friendly advice and help I got there. Everyone knew your name - even Mr Windows would greet me - and I was not that regular a customer and certainly not the biggest spending.

The only place I get anything like the service is my jewellers - Davidsons in Grey Street. I spend money there now instead! If you are in the area, well worth a visit - they have well known makes as well as making their own. One amusing story - I had a brooch made for my wife in the shape of Basset Hound and then enamalled in the colours of one of our bassets - I was doing this as a surprise. Anyway, it was made by the same firm that makes the gold trophies for Horse Races, and it was at the time Gordon Brown was selling off the UK gold reserves. We were watching the news when an article about this came up and they cut to a video of a goldsmith - busy polishing and shaping a gold basset hound brooch! My wife noticed immediately - I insisted it was a labrador. The jeweller rang the next day to ask if we had seen it and apologised if the surprise was spoiled! It wasn't, though the brooch was indeed my one!! I can't guarantee any purchase will be seen on national TV but they do offer sterling service! Laughing

• 04-11-2008 1:38 PM In reply to

• Craig
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-29-2007
    • Costa Del St Evenage
    • Posts 4,855
    • Founder

Great story Peter.Laughing

CraigSmile

For millions of years, mankind lived just like the animals. Then something happened which unleashed the power of our imagination. We learned to talk and we learned to listen..

• 04-16-2008 6:04 PM In reply to

• Jandyt
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • Clitheroe, Lancashire, UK
    • Posts 13,004
    • Founder

I agree, great story Peter.

Poor me, never win owt!

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)