in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 04-10-2008 10:33 AM by Stan. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 04-09-2008 8:39 AM

Link rooms and Apple TV/Mac Mini

Has anyone come up with a method of accessing Apple TV or a Mac mini from a link room? (video and/or audio)

I have a mac mini hooked up to the PC input on my beosystem 2 with the audio connected to the camera input however when I call up PC in the linkrooms I get no sound or picture...

Now I expected to not get any picture as I know the system2 cannot distribute video from the PC input but would have expected the audio to be sent??

As a side question does anyone know if the the beosystem 3 is able distribute video connected to the HDMI inputs through to link rooms?

Thanks

Warren 

• 04-09-2008 9:34 AM In reply to

Re: Link rooms and Apple TV/Mac Mini

I also have a beosystem 2 and a mac mini. My beostem 2 has no pc input, so i ordered a dvi to video cable from apple. This way must be able to connect it to my system and watch it in every room of the house. I think i receive the cable today, and will try it tonight

• 04-09-2008 10:54 AM In reply to

As far as I know you cannot distribute digital signals to link rooms, audio or video. If you convert the signal into analogue it will work.
  • 04-09-2008 11:04 AM In reply to

• stefan
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • 200 miles from Struer
    • Posts 1,733
    • Founder

Yes, you need analogue video signal for linkrooms. That`s why the Beomedia 1 is connected via vga AND composite to the videomaster.
    And if you have a BV6-22/26. BC 6-23/26 in your linkroom press Link - PC (L-PC). PC is activating the link-TV´S PC input.

Stefan
  • 04-09-2008 2:23 PM In reply to

Thanks guys... that kinda confirmed my thoughts... now to find out how I can get composite and vga out the back of the mac mini!

Oddly enough Stefan,  when I used L-PC I got nothing but A-PC worked?? maybe its because the system knows there's no analogue video

Also do you know how I can call it up on a beolink passive? if its playing in the master room when i turn on the passive i get the pc audio but can't select it if its not playing in the master room??

• 04-10-2008 7:16 AM In reply to

• stefan
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • 200 miles from Struer
    • Posts 1,733
    • Founder

Which Link-Tv do you have? I can call up my PC - Beomedia 1 - on my BV 6-22, I can`t do that on my MX beovisions, not on my MCL 2As (Extra Speaker Kits) and not on my BL 2000. But I can call it up on my BL 3500 ...(???). So. I think, all the products - MX, MCL 2A... do NOT detect the command "PC" or "L-PC". But the newer products do so.
    Maybe you have to change the L-Option on your Beolink passive. For receiving audio AND video commands you need L-Option 6.
    I would be interested if you can call up PC / L-PC on a Beolink active (the new one with PC input) or on a Beoport. Anybody knows?

Stefan
  • 04-10-2008 10:33 AM In reply to

• Stan
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Posts 593
    • Gold Member

stefan:
    I would be interested if you can call up PC / L-PC on a Beolink active (the new one with PC input) or on a Beoport. Anybody knows?

Stefan

Sending "PC" to my Beolink active causes it to take the audio input from the input labeled "PC" rather than the ML source... although, at least with mine (the sticker says: sw 1.1), sometimes you get both (blended audio of what's coming in on the PC port and what's on the ML).  L-PC seems to behave the same way.

Stan

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)