in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 04-07-2008 4:06 AM by Keith Saunders. 14 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (15 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 04-06-2008 12:28 PM

• Sigi_n
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-06-2008
    • Posts 6
    • Bronze Member

Beovision Avant in France

Yo experts, 

I have recently moved to France  bringing a Beovision Avant purchased in the UK in 1998.  I am sure the technician told me at the time that the machine was able to handle Secam as well as PAL.  However, it certainly does not automatically detect and process a Secam signal as snow is my only companion.  Is there a way of determining the configuration of my Avant using the functions of the Beo4 remote?  Can I ask it to search for Secam signals?

Sigi 

• 04-06-2008 12:56 PM In reply to

Re: Beovision Avant in France

Sigi,

A very warm welcome to Beoworld.

Lets see if we can help you...

Your UK AVANT will have its modulation set to "I" but you need it set to B/G

You will be able to use a STB without problems and the Videotape should work without adjustment. Can you confirm that a Secam tape works in the Videotape drive ?

To switch the modulation press MENU on the Beo4 then press 0 0 GO with no more than 2 seconds between each key.

You will have entered the "Service Menu" and the first item which is selected is "Monitor Information" press GO

Now move down using the down arrow until you get to "modulation" and then press GO

It will currently show "I" move the down arrow and it should go to B/G then press GO

Regards Keith....

• 04-06-2008 1:07 PM In reply to

You missed a step Keith!

Having pressed MENU you need to select SETUP and then 0,0,GO

Do you not have to adjust the TV Tuner system as well? (From 16 to 3)

Regards Graham

• 04-06-2008 1:35 PM In reply to

You are quite correct Graham, I missed a step, thanks for correcting me.

Yes the TV tuner system does need to go from 16 to 3 as well.

Regards Keith....

• 04-06-2008 2:02 PM In reply to

• Sigi_n
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-06-2008
    • Posts 6
    • Bronze Member

Thank you for your welcome and rapid response.

I followed your steps Keith from Menu/Set-up.  0,0 Go gives me 3 items: 1, Monitor; 2, TV Tuner; and 3, V Tape.  Pressing Go at Monitor gives a me a further 7 options: 1, Monitor Information; 2, Service Counter; 3, Picture adjustment; 4; Geometry adjustment; 5, Text register; 6 WSS setting; and 7, Default picture format.  I cannot find 'Modulation'.  Pressing Go at Monitor Information takes me to a screen of what appear to be historical error data, the first line of which  reads:  06 IC1+2 (AP) : SW 5.1.

Is there anothor route to 'Modulation'?

Sigi 

• 04-06-2008 2:19 PM In reply to

OK forget that step and go on to adjust the TV Tuner from type 16 to 3

Regards Graham

• 04-06-2008 6:07 PM In reply to

• Sigi_n
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-06-2008
    • Posts 6
    • Bronze Member

Thanks again to you both.  I changed the 16 to 3 and also changed the I to L (rather than B/G).  Five channels, great sound and picture, now all I need to do is learn French.

Best regards,

Sigi

• 04-06-2008 6:33 PM In reply to

• Jandyt
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • Clitheroe, Lancashire, UK
    • Posts 13,004
    • Founder

Smile Great telly, the Avant!
    Sigi, don't be tempted to mess with any of the more complicated settings like Geometry etc

Andy T.

Poor me, never win owt!

• 04-06-2008 6:45 PM In reply to

• marc
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Paris
    • Posts 23
    • Bronze Member

Bienvenue en France !

Le français, ce n'est pas si difficile : Il faut juste apprendre à manger les escargots ! Avec une bonne bouteille de Bourgogne Wink (Ou de Bordeaux, c'est selon les goûts - ou les deux Stick out tongue ).

In wich region are you living now ?
    I Hope for you this is in the south, cause tonight is really cold in Paris, with the first snow of the winter... I mean spring !? Geeked

Marc 

Happy thankful 2nd prize draw winner of a Beosound 3 in june 2007
  • 04-07-2008 3:16 AM In reply to

Sigi_n:

Thanks again to you both.  I changed the 16 to 3 and also changed the I to L (rather than B/G).  Five channels, great sound and picture, now all I need to do is learn French.

Best regards,

Sigi

Glad to have helped. On which page did you find the I to L change?

What is the type number of your Avant?

The problem for us is that the software has changed over the years.

Regards Graham

• 04-07-2008 3:44 AM In reply to

I agree with Graham, I had assumed that your UK version was Type 8403 given the date you had provided which would have allowed switching from "I" to "B/G"

If it were a non UK version then "L" would be available and correct for France.

Also, as Graham has said software version is also a key factor.

Regards Keith....

• 04-07-2008 3:44 AM In reply to

• Sigi_n
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-06-2008
    • Posts 6
    • Bronze Member

Merci pour votre bienvenue, Marc.  Je habite dans au le region Haute Pyrenées.  Beaucoup de neige de temps en temps.  Pardon pour ma Français.

Salutations,

Sigi

• 04-07-2008 3:46 AM In reply to

Sigi,

I thought you needed french classes, you are already using a french keyboard !! note Français

Regards Keith....

• 04-07-2008 3:58 AM In reply to

• Sigi_n
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-06-2008
    • Posts 6
    • Bronze Member

Graham,

On your guidance I entered the TV/Tuner section, item 2 on the service menu and was able to change from 16 to 3  -  (what is that and what do the other numbers represent?)  From there I went back into Menu, Tuning, TV and one of the items in the TV Tuning section is 'System'.  I was able to toggle through, firstly to B/G without success, then to L at which point the system was able to search and find 6 terrestial analogue channels.  (I will leave the challenge of moving to digital for another day). 

The Avant is Type 81/03, SW (software???) 4.2.  I purchased it nearly new from Carl Dyson in Edinburgh almost ten years ago and assume it is no more than 10 or eleven years old.  Still does all the tricks and sits like a piece of sculpture in the living room.

Thanks again for your help,

Sigi

• 04-07-2008 4:06 AM In reply to

So, you have an Type 8103 which means it supports the following standards and hence why you have the "L"

8100 North Europe B/G
    8101 France, (B, CH) B/G/L/L
    8102 Hong Kong Others CTV: B/G/D/K/M/I
    8103 UK, South Africa I
    8104 Italy B/G
    8105 AUS B/G
    8106 East Europe B/G/D/K
    8107 Other CTV: B/G/D/K/M/I
    8108 North France, Channel Island B/G/L/L´/I, (NICAM B/G/L)

Regards Keith....

Page 1 of 1 (15 items)