in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 04-05-2008 10:42 PM by TripEnglish. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 04-05-2008 10:30 AM

Advise on combining B&O with TV sharp or pioneer product -HELP

Due to cost and other constraints , I am looking to hook up a beosound 3200 with beolab 9 speakers for music and to hook the 3200 to a pioneer plasma tv ( using a separate blu ray player). Because of physical constaints i cannot hook up a rear speakers and will have to live with only from speakers and a centre speaker via the TV.. .I am going for beolab9  in the hope that movies played via the speakes will be good enough ??!!. Am I wasting my time with spending money on the beolab9 or will beolab 6000 or 8000 be good enough. Also I will not have a sub woofer... beolab 9 has a wide range and a low frequency level 30-20,000.

Does anyone have experience with this kind of configuration? Any advise?

biggles85 

• 04-05-2008 10:41 AM In reply to

Re: Advise on combining B&O with TV sharp or pioneer product -HELP

I have a similar set-up.  I use the stereo output from the TV to the Aux input to my 3200 - which then feeds my BL8000 and BL2.  This works ok (I guess).  Turn on TV - turn the volume all of the way down and then adjust the volume on my 3200 (2 remotes).  Pretty simple - but unfortunately B&O cant support anything more complex (I even have a cheap Radio Shack switch to flip back-forth between the TV audio and my iPod/iTunes audio).......  B&O really is WAY behind the times on these things...... no wonder they are having problems.

-michael 

• 04-05-2008 10:42 PM In reply to

Re: Advise on combining B&O with TV sharp or pioneer product -HELP

Michael,

What exactly is B&O WAY behind on? Building something cheap that has so many features it's unusable? It's called everything else. Look into it.

There is scarcely anything in this world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little more cheaply. The person who buys on price alone is this man's lawful prey. - John Ruskin

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)