in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 04-08-2008 10:43 AM by Toby. 15 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (16 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 04-01-2008 4:58 PM

SERENATA

Hi everybody couldn't believe my luck on sat, i was visiting friends in Bristol and i wanted a bluetooth headset for my phone when i noticed a serenata on display in the vodafone store, so as i was due for an upgrade i jumped at the chance and got one, what a deal, has anybody had the same stroke of luck as me, would be nice to hear from members who have

• 04-02-2008 2:34 AM In reply to

Re: SERENATA

So, you got a Serenata at Vodafone, I hope you are pleased with it.

What contract commitments did you have to make and associated monthly charge and the price of the phone was  ?

Regards Keith....

• 04-02-2008 6:38 AM In reply to

Hi Keith, i'm on a £50 per month contract and i paid £100 for the serenata so for a deal like that its not to be sneezed at i guess. Also i forgot to mention in my previous posting that only selected vodafone stores are doing this offer, i believe oxford street in London are selling them on contract also.

Regards Dave 

• 04-02-2008 6:46 AM In reply to

Hi Dave,

Thanks for sharing this news with us. Sounds like a good deal. I shall be on Oxford Street this afternoon, so I'll have a nice chat with Vodafone.

How are you getting on with the Serenata so far?

• 04-02-2008 6:49 AM In reply to

I would unlock the phone and Ebay it as I am not a phone person. With the money raised I would buy something like a Beovision 3 or another piece of home audio. Using an old Nokia as my main phone or something similar.

• 04-02-2008 7:00 AM In reply to

Hi Keith i'm getting on ok with the phone its well cool. I just like to state when you get the phone from a vodafone store you do not get the Earset 3 with it you get a samsung wep 420 headset which is quite stylish, the only thing i had to buy from my dealer was a pair of A8s to listen to the music player on the phone, so end of the day i'm happy with it. Please let me know how you get on at the Oxford st store Keith?

egards Dave 

• 04-02-2008 7:13 AM In reply to

Hi Again Keith, i was told by the sales staff that the phone was locked on the vodafone network, but mine was not it works with orange and 02

Regards Dave 

• 04-02-2008 2:22 PM In reply to

Hi Dave,

As promised, I popped into Vodafone Oxford Street this afternoon to take a look at their Serenata package. It is as you described it, a £50.00 a month contract with Vodafone, plus an extra £100.00 for the Serenata. However, the helpful afro-man assistant also mentioned to me that everyone who had bought the Serenata from them returned it almost immediately. 26 were returned during the month of February and swapped for another phone.

The Serenata will not be locked to Vodafone as they have all simply been bought straight from the B&O store on the Brompton Road, Knightsbridge where they are of course all unlocked to any network.

Initially this deal seemed quite good to me, but now less so if people really do not like the phone. You must also really want one in the first place to get one, yet they're still being returned. I am on a corporate contract, so the package will not interest me personally. For now I'm doing fine with my Serene and the BlackBerry Curve.

• 04-02-2008 5:59 PM In reply to

This sounds good. Dont suppose you know if you can get a cheaper contract and pay a bit more for the serenata? i.e £30 a month contract and £? for phone?

Never Mind The Ball-Cocks www.markmossplumbing.co.uk

A labourer uses his hands
    A tradesman uses his hands and his head
    A craftsman uses his hands, his head and his heart

• 04-02-2008 7:54 PM In reply to

Hi yes you can get a cheaper contract and pay more for the phone. I'm not sure if  the store in Plymouth will have  the serenata only selected stores in the uk are selling them, i know Bristol have plenty in a matter of fact i was the first customer to have one i was told

Regards Dave 

• 04-06-2008 7:45 AM In reply to

• Toby
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Hertfordshire United Kingdom
    • Posts 136
    • Bronze Member

What reason did people give for returning the phones? Did the assistant mention this?
    Kind Regards Toby
    I better do my bit and suspend my siggy.
  • 04-06-2008 9:12 AM In reply to

Hi Toby i have just read your posting good question, well i have had my serenata for over a week now and mines working fine had no problems what so ever.
  • 04-06-2008 1:54 PM In reply to

Hi Toby,

Good to see you around. Yes I did ask why so many Serenata's had been returned, and according to the assistant, customers were finding it too long and frustrating to use the wheel for all comands.

• 04-07-2008 9:15 AM In reply to

• Roger
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-28-2007
    • Norway
    • Posts 870
    • Founder

The Serenata is a very different phone compared to anything on the market today, this is both good and bad: You will have to get to know the User Interface properly and this will take some effort and/or time.

Customers that have used e.g. Nokia's over the past decade will most likely get frustrated, but if you start with a fresh mind and learn to use it properly you will discover the beauty of the Serenata.

I just located a contact in the address book that I wanted to call, instead I deleted the contact from the phoneBig Smile

Roger

• 04-07-2008 10:05 AM In reply to

Hi Roger i agree with you, it took me awhile to get used to my serenata i found the texting was little confusing but now i can find my way around the menues with ease, it's a great pleasure to use. It's a great phone to have
  • 04-08-2008 10:43 AM In reply to

• Toby
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Hertfordshire United Kingdom
    • Posts 136
    • Bronze Member

Thank you Medica and Henry.

Well can sort of understand where theya re coming from I have just upgraded to a colour Nokia and have to say it's a bit of a learning curve, but fun nonetheless. 

When I had the Serenata in my mitts in Bath  I was instantly smitten by the wheel.

Kind Regards Toby
    I better do my bit and suspend my siggy.
Page 1 of 1 (16 items)