in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 04-02-2008 6:39 PM by Paradise. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 04-01-2008 3:31 PM

Beo vision avant picture disapears

Help can any one help? my avant picture keeps disapearing after 10 mins or so then goes black sound still good. picture returns after a while just to disapear again  no problem with the picture quality when it is there?

any suggestions

• 04-01-2008 3:39 PM In reply to

Re: Beo vision avant picture disapears

Well, clearly an intermittent fault has occurred.

If the picture goes black as if the TV is off and everything else is perfect including being able to change channel etc, then the most likely cause is a loss of the EHT (Extra High Tension) 25 Kilo Volts supply to the anode of the tube.

The fact that it comes and goes most likely with heat means the most likely cause is going to be dry solder joints rather than component failure.

Regards Keith....

• 04-01-2008 3:51 PM In reply to

Thank you for you reply Keith. What should I do to track down the problem. And yes heat may be the cause, If I switch it off for 15mins alls fine for a while.

Would it be diificult to fix and or expensive?

regards Kharon at Paradise

• 04-02-2008 2:15 AM In reply to

In my view it would not be particularly difficult to fix by a good TV repair person.

As you are asking this question I am assuming you are not a technical person familar with TV circuits. A good TV repair person should be able to trace the fault in a couple of hours, but intermittent faults are often difficult because quite often when you take the back off the set and it does not fail.

If you get a B&O dealer to repair the Beovision, then they will change the whole board depending on its age, so will be more expensive.

Regards Keith....

• 04-02-2008 6:02 PM In reply to

Thank you again Keith,  I don't know alot about tv insides but have searched the internet and feel a little more informed. I have taken the back cover off and carefully dusted inside, the tv acts the same when put back together. On for about 10/15 mins then black, sound and channel changes work fine then after atime it comes on again so I do see over heating being an issue. Would resoldering all the board joints cover the likely over heating problem do you think?

The tv is six years old

many thanks for your advise

regards kharon Paradise

• 04-02-2008 6:04 PM In reply to

• Jandyt
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • Clitheroe, Lancashire, UK
    • Posts 13,004
    • Founder

Kharon, Be very careful in there! Even after the TV has been switched off and unplugged from the mains, there could still be high voltages in there, enough to be fatal!

Poor me, never win owt!

• 04-02-2008 6:39 PM In reply to

Hi Jandyt , yes I was very very carefull understood the dangers and unpluged and de static myself etc too. Read an atticle about the do and don'ts first.

Very good of you to reply,

what what would you do?

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)