in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 04-02-2008 5:24 PM by AT. 36 replies.
Page 1 of 2 (37 items) 1 2 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-31-2008 8:26 AM

• BeoIce
    • Top 200 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-27-2007
    • Recklinghausen, Germany
    • Posts 281
    • Founder

Something about the PRIZE DRAW

Hi all,

just viewing the prizes of  the march prize draw it came to my mind, that I'm a beoworld member for a year now and never won any prize at all. Reading the text next to the prizes it states "Some people have already won twice ..."

For my understanding it would only be fair that you can only win once a year. Everybody who won something should be excluded from future prize draws in the actual year, so that other member get their chance to win something.

What do you think about this regulation ?

Regards

Martin

BeoSound 9000 MK III, BeoLab 6000, BeoLab 11, BeoCenter 2300, BeoSound Century, BeoVision MX4000/MX7000 & BeoCom 4

Samsung UE40B7090, Samsung HT-WS1G, Technisat HD8-S, Sony PS3, Logitech PS3 IR-BT-Adapter & Lintronic TT455-RT-238

• 03-31-2008 8:44 AM In reply to

Re: Something about the PRIZE DRAW

I haven´t won anything as you, but I think that isn´t the same to win the first prize than the last one each month. Think about if you win a beautiful B&O baseball cap and you are excluded for that during a year!!!
    Rafa
  • 03-31-2008 8:50 AM In reply to

• BeoIce
    • Top 200 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-27-2007
    • Posts 281
    • Founder

To be fair there must be a limitation. It wouldn't be fair that someone wins the first prize and some month later second or third prize. Even the fourth or fifth prize wouldn't be fair either.

Just my opinion.

Martin 

BeoSound 9000 MK III, BeoLab 6000, BeoLab 11, BeoCenter 2300, BeoSound Century, BeoVision MX4000/MX7000 & BeoCom 4

Samsung UE40B7090, Samsung HT-WS1G, Technisat HD8-S, Sony PS3, Logitech PS3 IR-BT-Adapter & Lintronic TT455-RT-238

• 03-31-2008 9:17 AM In reply to

It is a waste of your money, that's for sure, but perhaps are these persons a friend of someone of beoworld....

• 03-31-2008 9:25 AM In reply to

• Foxtrott
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Vienna, Austria
    • Posts 500
    • Founder

Hi Martin!

Me for my part can happily live with the prize draw in its actual form and regulations. The chances for winning are the same for every member that is participating and that's fair (imho it's the best way). If a member win more than one time then it's simply because they were lucky. I haven't won anything yet... just a case of bad luck. I can see your point but I have to disagree with you on this.

I haven't joined as a Gold-member because of the priz-draw. The prize draw is a nice extra and if I should win something I'd be happy and if I don't win then I consider it bad luck (not more not less).

So good luck to all of us for tonights draw!

cheers

Foxtrott

"The first thing we do, let's kill all the lawyers."
    Henry VI, Part 2 William Shakespeare

• 03-31-2008 9:29 AM In reply to

• Daniel
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Svinarp, Sweden
    • Posts 1,284
    • Founder

Hold your horses now boys!

First of all, don´t forget the purpose of the money isn´t the prize draw. The purpose is the founding of this site. If you´re only interested in lottery, try something else.

Don´t forget it´s not one draw a year. Every month there´s a new draw and gold members has paid a entry to each of them.

Beovision LX5500, BeoCord V6000, BeoSound 9000, BeoLab 8000, BeoLab 3500, BeoLab 2000, BeoVox1, BeoCom 6000, Form1, LightControl 1

• 03-31-2008 9:35 AM In reply to

• Daniel
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Svinarp, Sweden
    • Posts 1,284
    • Founder

Actually I think it´s possible to win several prizes one month and I think that´s fair too. The win of a nice beoworld pen shouldn´t disqualify you from the chance of winning a pair of BL 8000. If so the pen would be thought of a blank lotery ticket.

Beovision LX5500, BeoCord V6000, BeoSound 9000, BeoLab 8000, BeoLab 3500, BeoLab 2000, BeoVox1, BeoCom 6000, Form1, LightControl 1

• 03-31-2008 9:35 AM In reply to

• Christian
    • Top 100 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Copenhagen, Denmark
    • Posts 626
    • Bronze Member

PRIZEMEN:

It is a waste of your money, that's for sure, but perhaps are these persons a friend of someone of beoworld....

Erm

Waste of money - yes if you only look at the prizes. According to my calculations on the back of an envelope you will only get 19 £ back for a 30 £ membership. If you include the manuals etc. I wouldn't say it is a waste of money. (Actually you can enter the competition for free if you want.)

Suggesting that friends off Lee (owner of BeoWorld) are more likely to win a prize is wrong!

Living room: BV7-40 mkIV + V8000, BL5, BL3, BM1 and BS9000. Bedroom: MX3000 and BL4500 on MCL2-AV. Around: PentaIII, CX100 and MCX35 on ML/MCL + MCL2-A, BeoPort and BL4 on ML, BS3300 + M75 as stand alone, BC6000 + BC600 and BT1100, LC1, LC2, Beo4, Beo5 and BL1000, BS2 and A8, EarSet2, Apron, Coffee mugs, Enamel Bagdes, Bath towel, Keyring, Books, Lots of miniature and the Bottle opener. Office: BC2300 + BL2500 and BS3. Summer house: BS Century.

Addicted? Oh no.... ;)

• 03-31-2008 9:39 AM In reply to

• Christian
    • Top 100 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Copenhagen, Denmark
    • Posts 626
    • Bronze Member

I do not think there should be some sort of limitation on what winners can win.

First of all it is very unlikely to win the top prize two times in a year. Secondly if one should get that lucky, no hard feeling from me. Beating the odds isn't always a good thing - lightening may strike twice... Stick out tongue

Living room: BV7-40 mkIV + V8000, BL5, BL3, BM1 and BS9000. Bedroom: MX3000 and BL4500 on MCL2-AV. Around: PentaIII, CX100 and MCX35 on ML/MCL + MCL2-A, BeoPort and BL4 on ML, BS3300 + M75 as stand alone, BC6000 + BC600 and BT1100, LC1, LC2, Beo4, Beo5 and BL1000, BS2 and A8, EarSet2, Apron, Coffee mugs, Enamel Bagdes, Bath towel, Keyring, Books, Lots of miniature and the Bottle opener. Office: BC2300 + BL2500 and BS3. Summer house: BS Century.

Addicted? Oh no.... ;)

• 03-31-2008 9:40 AM In reply to

• Daniel
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Svinarp, Sweden
    • Posts 1,284
    • Founder

PRIZEMEN:

First post, joined today. Hm. Hmm

I think you´re already a member on this site but don´t dare comming with this serious accusation under your real member name.

• 03-31-2008 9:42 AM In reply to

• deaddruid
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-24-2007
    • Malvern, Worcestershire
    • Posts 247
    • Founder

I have never won (yet) but I would not want the rules to become more restrictive. Mark
  • 03-31-2008 9:55 AM In reply to

• BeoIce
    • Top 200 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-27-2007
    • Posts 281
    • Founder

ok, let's leave rules as they are. For me personally, I will not extend my gold membership this year, cause I expected to win something, but haven't won anything.

Martin 

• 03-31-2008 10:05 AM In reply to

It would be unfair to limit ones entry into what is fundamentally a RANDOM prize draw just because you might have been lucky enough to win one of the many prizes [which vary greatly in value]

So,you want the 'rules' changed after all this time?!

Where should we stop? Not allowed to buy another lottery ticket if I win £10 with some lucky numbers?

Honestly,it's an absurd idea.Just smacks of petty shool yard or little brother syndrome,if you ask me.

If anything,it highlights the openness and fairness of the system.

For the record,I have been twice lucky.

Lets hope I win a Beoworld Mug tonight to make it three.

Honestly,I can't believe people waste their time and energy getting a bee in their bonnet about such matters.Prior to my first 'win' I hadn't been lucky in a draw for maybe 30 years.I don't begrudge others that have good luck.Neither should you or anyone else.

Good luck to all,anyway. 

• 03-31-2008 10:13 AM In reply to

You EXPECTED to win something? !!!!!!!

• 03-31-2008 10:16 AM In reply to

I never dreamed I would read a comment like yours on this site & trust it won't happen a second time!  We are here to share the pleasures of B & O & the friendships that have arisen from our common interest.  Prize hunters should contribute to the Lottery & Premium Bonds.  I'm sure an apology would be appreciated by us all.
  • 03-31-2008 10:16 AM In reply to

• rfc1
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-06-2008
    • Posts 166
    • Gold Member

BeoIce:

. For me personally, I will not extend my gold membership this year, cause I expected to win something, but haven't won anything.

Martin 

What a tragedy, i think you must be the unluckiest person on earth.??  What a ridiculous attitude. 

My 4 year old son did'nt even complain like this when he did'nt win any prizes at his sisters birthday party.

Grow up.

Sandy.

• 03-31-2008 10:55 AM In reply to

• Puncher
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-27-2007
    • Nr. Durham, NE England.
    • Posts 9,588
    • Founder

I think that if BeoIce wants to drop his subscription then that's up to him and we shouldn't disrespect his wishes.  However it should be clear to all that, with the number of Gold members we have, it was always impossible for everyone to win something. With 12 draws a year and only 10 prizes per draw there is only 120 prizes to win! I don't know how many current gold members we have but we certainly have 500 founder members  - obviously the majority will be disappointed - but then that's the case in every prize draw I knowBig Smile

As regards PRIZEMEN - I too wonder about his motive for posting and suspect, as it's his first post and he registered today, that it's someone who has registered specifically to cause mischief. Either way it's a very poor first post to any forumAngry

Generally speaking, you aren't learning much if your lips are moving.

• 03-31-2008 11:12 AM In reply to

• Stonk
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Marlow, Bucks, UK
    • Posts 1,688
    • Founder

BeoIce:

ok, let's leave rules as they are. For me personally, I will not extend my gold membership this year, cause I expected to win something, but haven't won anything.

Martin 

How can you 'expect' to win something that could be worth 1500 euros for 42 euros? Do you expect to win the lotto if you play each month? You must be permanently disappointed!

If you think nobody cares, try missing a couple of payments.

• 03-31-2008 11:26 AM In reply to

• Medogsfat
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 02-21-2007
    • *Moderator* Leeds, Yorkshire
    • Posts 4,045
    • Founder

PRIZEMEN:

Yes of course you're right, most of us are friends of Beoworld on here.

And for the record - I have been a gold member AND moderator from the outset and haven't won a bean yet and I couldn't care less. I pay my subscription to help fund this site and if I win something then so be it, if not then so what?

To EXPECT to win something is totally unrealistic IMO. If you join as a gold member for this sole purpose then good luck to you but don't be disappointed by not winning every month. As mentioned earlier - you can enter for free if you wish.

Chris.

The use of metaphors should be avoided like the plague. They're like a red rag to a bull to me.

• 03-31-2008 11:47 AM In reply to

• Jandyt
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • Clitheroe, Lancashire, UK
    • Posts 13,004
    • Founder

Martin, my friend I'm supprised at you.
    I wonder if you would have felt the same if you had won something earlier in the year as I did.
    If you joined as gold just because you expected to win, then what's stopping you thinking the same next year?
    You and I had a great time in Struer which we would not have had if we had not been Beoworlders. In my mind, £30 is nothing to be part of this community.
    You, yourself said that you could only find positive things to say about the members of Beoworld and over the past year and your 88 posts you must feel that you have had £30's worth, no?

That's the way you felt when you joined up according to this post 

I won a 7000 system as you know, and if I am lucky enough to win a 6500 tonight, I will donate it to another prize draw. However, if I win a Beosound 3, I'm keeping it!
     If I don't win anything, I'm going off in a huff.Wink
    Your friend, AndySmile

PRIZEMEN, Get a life!

Poor me, never win owt!

• 03-31-2008 12:13 PM In reply to

well...

i have steered clear of all the recent discussions on here reg'ing the disgruntlement and defection of some long-time and prominent members, and i have kept my mouth (er... fingers) shut, but this "takes the cake." to sum up all of my thoughts about all the recent malarkey...

1.) i believe in freedom of speech (er... typing)
    2.) i believe in (1) above so long as an individual is not inciting chaos
    3.) folks -the powers behind beoworld have provided us a sandbox -a sandbox that has no limits -we can come and go as we please -we can add what we want -we can take what we want (the site is what YOU make of it). you can...

a.) not join
    b.) bronze: post as you like
    c.) silver: get the mans too
    d.) gold: not worry about entering the draw (which you can do freely anyway)

there is no assurance of winning anything... my founding membership is gold because: like cake -i support the site w/ the cake -the acces to the manuals is the icing -and *IF* i am lucky enough to win something w/o having to manually enter a drawing every month -well then my cake just got a candle too!

frankly i am tired of the sand getting thrown onto my cake.

i enjoy beoworld and my gratitude to the powers and the membership for making what is a hobby and *FUN* -just that!

...now back to my cake!

• B&o bottle opener
  • 03-31-2008 12:17 PM In reply to

I actually pay £30 a month into Beoworld and have excluded myself from the draw. I contribute to keep the site going and because I enjoy this site so much. If it is not worth £30 a year, then you don't have to pay it. I would say that your chances are a lot better than almost any lottery I know. To expect to win is a bit like planning to buy a house by buying national lottery tickets!
  • 03-31-2008 2:12 PM In reply to

• BenSA
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Durban, South Africa
    • Posts 808
    • Gold Member

Where would I be without Beoworld? Beo-less!! The amount of help (& entertainment) I have gotten from this site is frightening!! At the time I upgraded to Gold I had just started a new job and the first thing I did was ugrade!! As I couldn't repay the people who have helped me in person, the least I could do is repay the site.

I haven't won anything and sure I'm all disappointed for two days afterwards but then I need help with something and I just say thank you for Beoworld.

Thats my thoughts anyway.

Durban South Africa

• 03-31-2008 2:43 PM In reply to

• Craig
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-29-2007
    • Costa Del St Evenage
    • Posts 4,855
    • Founder

Have to admit I am very sorry to read this thread.Sad Even if there was not a prize draw every month and even if we did not have all the manuals we have on site. Still I would pay £30 per year just to be a member of such a wonderful community. Yes I have won once in the last 12 months, I won a years subscription to Beoworld. Which I gave to a relative, if I did not win ever again I really would not be bothered.

CraigSmile

For millions of years, mankind lived just like the animals. Then something happened which unleashed the power of our imagination. We learned to talk and we learned to listen..

• 03-31-2008 5:16 PM In reply to

• V13WNG
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 06-11-2007
    • Eastbourne, East Sussex, ENG
    • Posts 200
    • Bronze Member

With Lee absent, I feel that I must point out that each draw is made totally AT RANDOM.

If you are a Gold Member, then you will be in the hat for each draw. As stated elsewhere in this thread, you can enter via Post if you are a Bronze or Silver member, so everyone has a chance!

True - some individuals have won prizes on more than one occasion, but this is totally consequencial - it could happen in any competition.

That it has occurred in this Prize Draw is another reason to enter - imagine winning not one, but TWO top Bang & Olufsen pieces in one year....!?

False - Personal friends of the moderators win prizes regularly..... This is a site with members from around the world. Most of the moderating team are based in Europe - look at tonight's draw results - I'm positive that none of the moderators have met any of the US winners - infact, I'm pretty sure that they haven't met most of the Europe-based winners, either!

Before anyone asks why I am not a Gold Member:

1. I cannot afford to be - every penny counts as a 22 year old (!);

and

2. Like Lee and Peter, I am too closely involved in the everyday running of the site - if by chance I won a BeoSystem 7000, there would be a riot!

All in all, I can't find any other competition on offer which offers such high value prizes for such a small initial investment - and 12 times a year!

Muchos Gracias Cool

Page 1 of 2 (37 items) 1 2 Next >