in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 05-05-2007 5:37 AM by pedrompinto. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-03-2007 8:58 PM

• M.A.C.S.
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-18-2007
    • Liverpool uk
    • Posts 10
    • Bronze Member

Samsung U600 apparently has Bang-Olufsen ICE amp in it........Hmmmmmm Interesting.

Any thoughs on this people?

Anybody got one? If so is it worth me spending my pocket money on? 

Thx.

M.A.C.S. 

• 05-05-2007 2:58 AM In reply to

Re: Samsung U600 apparently has Bang-Olufsen ICE amp in it........Hmmmmmm Interesting.

ICE amplifiers are used by a number of manufacturers now. As Samsung have been used as a partner by B&O, I am not surprised. I confess to not realising that ICE amplifiers were now available for portable devices. However the use of a Class D amplifier will not confer magical powers! It is still just an amplifier and Class D have been around for a long time! Very good for bass and do have the advantage  of high efficiency.I wouldn't buy a phone on this basis but much more on its features.
  • 05-05-2007 5:08 AM In reply to

• Puncher
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-27-2007
    • Nr. Durham, NE England.
    • Posts 9,588
    • Founder

Re: Samsung U600 apparently has Bang-Olufsen ICE amp in it........Hmmmmmm Interesting.

Class D amps are pretty common in small, portable appliances and integrated Class D amp IC's are made by many chip manufacturers. To reiterate Peter's point there is no magic in Class D amplifiers, as always the devil is in the detail. I'n sure the U600 isn't quite up to Lab5 standardsLaughing

Generally speaking, you aren't learning much if your lips are moving.

• 05-05-2007 5:37 AM In reply to

Like Peter said this is not new but Samsung has a nice product though.

Your selected phone, in terms of music & sound can read mp3, aac, aac+, e-aac+ and wma; if you use the aac format combined with the Ice power technology (B&O of course) you'll get a terrific sound much better than the average models, i must say.

ICE power® Technology by Bang & Olufsen link site:
    http://www.bang-olufsen.com/page.asp?id=125&callFlashSoundPicture=ICEpower

To buy or not to buy ?

It's rather simple, test the product having in mind the features that you'r certain to use, then you decide; consider other brands and models of course.

Pedro "Less is more"

BV7-40 MKII + BL7.2 + BL9 + BL3 + BS4 + BL4 + A9 + Earset 2 + 2 x Beo4 + BeoCom 5

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)