in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 03-30-2008 3:23 AM by mr_anders_son. 9 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-29-2008 9:01 AM

PUC list on 7-40 MKIII

Hi.

I am trying to connect a Sony RDR-HX970 to my BV 7-40 MKIII and hoped to control it from the PUC/STB-list. But I can only find the STB-list and in the dvd-menu it only says UNKNOWN DVD or some B&O-dvd's. Do I have to do something special to get the PUC-list on the screen or do I have to get a new software.

Is it possible to make the PUC cable a little bit longer because the Sony will be about 11 meters from the LCD.

My other choise could be a Lintronic-box, but Michael from Lintronic can't promise that the little IR-eye (TT-IR-1455) can send the signal at such a long distance. Has anybody tried this?

;-) Jes 

• 03-29-2008 11:43 AM In reply to

• Jeuke
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 12-29-2007
    • Posts 41
    • Bronze Member

Re: PUC list on 7-40 MKIII

hello,

Yes you need to go to your dealer and ask him for the latest STB - PUC software list to flash in your MKIII, but first ASK him if the sony is available in the PUC list!!!! If not you can always ship your sony to denmark and pay 500 € !!! to put it in the PUC list...

Do not think that the IR cable is possible to make longer and not to worry about the signal transport for such a big distance. BUT how are you going to connect the Sony to the tv with a 11 meter long scart or HDMI???? would not even try do do that...

good luck with it

Philip

• 03-29-2008 11:47 AM In reply to

Jeuke:

hello,

Yes you need to go to your dealer and ask him for the latest STB - PUC software list to flash in your MKIII, but first ASK him if the sony is available in the PUC list!!!! If not you can always ship your sony to denmark and pay 500 € !!! to put it in the PUC list...

Do not think that the IR cable is possible to make longer and not to worry about the signal transport for such a big distance. BUT how are you going to connect the Sony to the tv with a 11 meter long scart or HDMI???? would not even try do do that...

good luck with it

Philip

I have a sony DVD with 10m HDMI and Ir-cable - No problem!!! 

• 03-29-2008 12:00 PM In reply to

• Jeuke
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 12-29-2007
    • Posts 41
    • Bronze Member

Nice,

well, doesn't solve the problem. Could try to put a Mini jack expander cable in between Like the ones used for making the cable on headphones longer instead of cutting the IR cable. Give it a try I will find out if the Sony is in the list. Just a minute

ph

• 03-29-2008 12:11 PM In reply to

• Jeuke
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 12-29-2007
    • Posts 41
    • Bronze Member

just checked, is currently not in the list, so save the effort I would say or you just might have 500 € to spend to put in in the list...

ph

• 03-29-2008 1:31 PM In reply to

• kawo
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Posts 516
    • Founder

At least for the BS3 the good old DVD-Controller is still available. You may want to check if this one is available for the BV7 as well and if your DVD is included.

I am facing the same problem with my Panasonic DVD Recorder, not on the PUC ist, but on DVD controller list. Furthermore, someone told me there is a way to "copy" the DVD controller to the PUC list. Not sure if this is possible.

Karsten 

BV4-50, Beosystem 3, Beolab 5, Beolab 3, BV3-32, BV1, BS9000, Beolab 4, Beolab 2000, Beo4 Cinema

• 03-29-2008 2:52 PM In reply to

• 03-29-2008 11:32 PM In reply to

Jessemand:

Hi.

I am trying to connect a Sony RDR-HX970 to my BV 7-40 MKIII and hoped to control it from the PUC/STB-list. But I can only find the STB-list and in the dvd-menu it only says UNKNOWN DVD or some B&O-dvd's. Do I have to do something special to get the PUC-list on the screen or do I have to get a new software.

Is it possible to make the PUC cable a little bit longer because the Sony will be about 11 meters from the LCD.

My other choise could be a Lintronic-box, but Michael from Lintronic can't promise that the little IR-eye (TT-IR-1455) can send the signal at such a long distance. Has anybody tried this?

;-) Jes 

Try using the Sony RDR HX-1010 entry. I have a Sony RDR HX-715 and I can control it partially with the Beo4 by using this entry.

Not all functions are provided, however, particularly TITLE LIST and TV GUIDE on the Sony remote, but it is better than nothing.

Regards,

Jean

• 03-30-2008 1:58 AM In reply to

Hi all!

Thanks for your kindness!!! I have bought a 12 meter SUPRA-cable (pretty expensive) and it seems to work fine. How did you, Mr. Anders(son) make your cable og can I buy these lenght somewhere?

I can only find a stb-list and not any PUC-list. In the menu for dvd's it only show ONKNOWN DVD or some B&O dvd's.

;-) Jes

• 03-30-2008 3:23 AM In reply to

Jessemand:

Hi all!

Thanks for your kindness!!! I have bought a 12 meter SUPRA-cable (pretty expensive) and it seems to work fine. How did you, Mr. Anders(son) make your cable og can I buy these lenght somewhere?

I can only find a stb-list and not any PUC-list. In the menu for dvd's it only show ONKNOWN DVD or some B&O dvd's.

;-) Jes

your dealer make your own stblist with a PC software called IR Table Generator 

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)