in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 03-27-2008 3:36 PM by torbena. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-26-2008 8:08 PM

Avant VCR problem

Hi

I have just bought a used Avant 32 VCR. The VCR was defect so I have replaced it with the VCR from my old Avant (where the tube has died!)... The VCR is playing without issues however the lit doesn't open when I try to eject the tape. Anyone know what might be wrong? Could I have done something wrong when I replaced the VCR?

Thanks in advance, Torben

Filed under:
  • 03-27-2008 4:17 AM In reply to

Re: Avant VCR problem

Torben,

Many years ago I had the same problem when I had to remove the VCR to upgrade the software.

If I remember correctly it is important to hold the video door open while aliening the VCR in place, so the answer to your question is you did do something wrong when replacing the VCR.

So, open the cassette door, carefully push the metal box into place. When the metal box is placed correctly the cassette
    door must follow the metal box so to speak. If neccessary, metal box may need to be pulled backwards a little for the cassette door to open correctly.

Regards Keith....

• 03-27-2008 5:36 AM In reply to

• Stonk
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Marlow, Bucks, UK
    • Posts 1,688
    • Founder

Yes that's right. Pull back the vcr a few cm, hold the flap up then push the vcr home again. It needs to engage.

Steve

If you think nobody cares, try missing a couple of payments.

• 03-27-2008 3:36 PM In reply to

It worked!! I love this site! Thanks a lot. Regards, Torben
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)