in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 03-24-2008 5:28 PM by Peter. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-24-2008 4:15 PM

BC9300 tape2 and phono question

On the back of the unit there is a 7-pin DIN connector Tape2/Phono. From the beotech articles it appears that the pinout is such that there are not two separate channels, that you can have either a second B&O datalink device or a phono, but not both. Otherwise the output from the two devices are connected to the same input pins. Is this a correct understanding? Or was the idea that the datalink would control it such that only one device would be "talking" at a time? At the moment I have my computer sound output connected to it and it plays the sound in both phono and tape2 modes. 
    Steve
  • 03-24-2008 4:22 PM In reply to

Re: BC9300 tape2 and phono question

It allows you to connect either a tape recorder or a Beogram. The Beogram has to be fitted with a RIAA and produce line level output. Your computer works with both buttons as it is not Datalink.  Beograms and Beocords respond to slightly different codes and so a  Beogram will respond to Phono commands where a Beocord will respond to  Beocord commands. Clearly you cannot attach both at the same time. Interestingly, a Beogram CD player will respond to the Phono commands on this Beocenter. Normally record players actually use the opposite datalink pin for commands but RIAA decks use the same one as the tape players and CD players.
  • 03-24-2008 5:18 PM In reply to

Peter :
    Clearly you cannot attach both at the same time.

That's what I was afraid of. What I really want is the datalink version of beoport to control iTunes but they don't make it... but if they did, they could call it "BeoTunes"!

Steve
  • 03-24-2008 5:28 PM In reply to

This is what you need!
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)