in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 03-25-2008 6:39 AM by marcus. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-24-2008 1:16 AM

• marcus
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Adelaide, South Australia
    • Posts 50
    • Bronze Member

MX7000 + other devices: how best to connect?

I find myself with too many AV sources and possibly not enough input ports on my Beovision MX7000. I'd appreciate any advice on how to connect the maximum number of these to the TV with minimal fuss.

Current setup:
    • Beovision MX7000
    • DVD1 (connected to AV2 on MX)
    • Beocord V8000 (connected to AV1 on MX)
    • Playstation 2 (connected to Camcorder RCA inputs on V8000)

Not connected yet:

• Topfield SD Set Top Box
    • AV2 expander

I've read (and reread) the manuals for all the devices and still cannot see a clear way to make it all work together. Please note that the TV does not have a Set Top Controller (and annoyingly B&O have jsut stopped selling the STB controller for the MX7000 as a new item).

Can I even use a Set Top Box on this TV without the Controller? 

Can the VTAPE Decoder port on the VCR be used as an input for any of this equipment?

In theory the Decoder port on the AV2 should be able to be used for the Set Top Box, but the Manual insists that it can only be used if a Set Top Box Controller is installed in the TV so I haven't been game to try it out.

I do connect a Macbook to the VCR RCA ports from time to time to watch content in AVI format (rather than burning to DVD). If possible, I'd like to keep a port free for this.

Hope this makes some sense.

Thanks to all.

Marcus

• 03-24-2008 4:22 AM In reply to

Re: MX7000 + other devices: how best to connect?

You need one of these! I use one with my AV9000 which is essentially an MX! Not very expensive and gives you an extra 2 ports. The STB will work fine but you will need to use the original controller unless you can find an STB-C. If you can, then it works despite the AV2 expander.

I have a Sky box, a DVD/HDD/Freeview device and a Wii attached to the AV2 socket of the AV9000. AV1 is used by the integral video recorder. 

• 03-24-2008 7:46 AM In reply to

• Craig
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-29-2007
    • Costa Del St Evenage
    • Posts 4,855
    • Founder

Could you not connect the STB to the RCA connections on the V8000. then connect the PS2 though the RF connection of the MX7000 which you are not using at present.

CraigSmile

For millions of years, mankind lived just like the animals. Then something happened which unleashed the power of our imagination. We learned to talk and we learned to listen..

• 03-25-2008 6:39 AM In reply to

• marcus
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Adelaide, South Australia
    • Posts 50
    • Bronze Member

Thanks for your replies. Peter, I'll try the AV2 expander again given your positive experience with it. Craig, I'll use your suggestion as Plan B, simply because the RF picture quality from the Playstation is not all that great (in theory at least ... I will experiment and see if I can tell the difference!)

Now, if only I can wedge an AppleTV into the equation somehow ...  

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)